new potter coaster?

Jennygt

DIS Veteran
I just found out about the new potter coaster. When is the date to open? I wonder if this will be available for express pass?

It looks awesome and is coming right along!

No official date but many insiders suspect May opening.

Tough to say on Express. The other HP rides didn't offer it when they were first opened, but they do now. Does Uni just offer it straight away or wait until a bit of the hype dies down?

My guess is there is no way they offer express right away. Just a guess though. No real word on opening date either.i wish they would announce it....

May is probably a bit optimistic, sometime during the summer months is more likely. It's a fairly complex ride so I think they are shy on even a general range in date in case it pushes into late summer/fall.

My thought is express for the new coaster when it opens, won’t happen right away

Major Potter rides in the past delayed using the express lines

Totally agree with the other poster who first said HP delayed ep operations

Waiting for the joy of just missing the opening. We were in line at 5 am for Pandora the second week it was open(it was not planned that way). Will gladly wait for our next visit to miss the insanity. My family seriously disagrees with me though and is praying it opens the first of May. I think I'm adopted.

Think we'll be able to ride it if we book for the weekend after Labor Day this year? I want to pull the trigger but really this coaster is about 50% of the reason we are considering going this year (The other 30% being Volcano Bay and 20% being to visit my cousin and her new baby due this summer, lol )

Was there an announcement?

Nope not today. An insider on another board said she thought it might be announced today but it didn’t happen. May not get an opening date either when it’s announced. Maybe season? Maybe opening month? I’m sure it will be all over the boards once it’s announced.

Nope not today. An insider on another board said she thought it might be announced today but it didn’t happen. May not get an opening date either when it’s announced. Maybe season? Maybe opening month? I’m sure it will be all over the boards once it’s announced.
Thanks!! I can’t wait!

I thought I heard that the forbidden forest coaster was suppose to open around the same time as star wars/disney.

I think I'm adopted.
:offtopic: this made me literally LOL

Per reports and bioreconstruct-cars are testing on the track that is available, and a crane removed. From another board the possible opening date may be by June. I am hoping it is open in June for our family trip so we can use our EE with our AP's to ride it.

Also in terms of guessing an opening date for this. Seeing as how Universal just extended their buy 2, get 2 days free ticket promo until end of June (i.e. those tickets must be used by June 30th), I'd speculate that this coaster isn't opening until July at the earliest (after the ticket promo expires).

Thanks for sharing this information. Very excited about the potential that the coaster may open this summer when we are going. It looks amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter