New preferred views at Boardwalk

Peebee

Disney Dad
Just came across a post on the US boards about this and thought it would be handy to mention it here for UK members. It seems you can now specify when booking that you want a BW view, rather than taking a chance with check-in and getting a pool/garden view. We normally book standard, but with a guarantee of the Boardwalk it might be worth the extra points now and again. I guess the downside for non-BW owner might be that there may be no BW view availability at the 7-month window. Here's the info direct from the member's site:

Disney's BoardWalk Villas Preferred View Booking Change

As part of our on-going efforts to improve the Member reservation and check-in experience, we are pleased to introduce enhanced room categories for Disney's BoardWalk Villas.

Until now, Preferred View accommodations could be for a view of the garden, the pool, or the BoardWalk. There is now a separate category for the BoardWalk View. Effective immediately, the Preferred View accommodations will be identified by one of the following new categories - Preferred: Garden/Pool View and Preferred: BoardWalk View. Both categories require the same number of Vacation Points for reservation of accommodations. At the time of your booking you will be able to request the BoardWalk View category and will know at that time if this is the room category that you will receive at check-in. If these accommodations are not available, you may request the Garden/Pool View category.

Member Services has already converted some existing reservations to the enhanced room categories, based on requests for the BoardWalk View and the date the reservation was confirmed. An updated confirmation will be sent to Members whose reservations have been confirmed for the Preferred: BoardWalk View category.

Keep in mind that inventory in the Preferred: BoardWalk View category is limited, so please make your vacation plans accordingly.

Paul

Hi Paul

This is interesting, last year we were lucky to get our B/W view I raced to the room :)

I requested B/W view this year, so I take it that I may get a new confirmation

An updated confirmation will be sent to Members whose reservations have been confirmed for the Preferred: BoardWalk View category

Did you ask for a BW view too??

Hmm, interesting. Much fairer, in my view, to let the early bookers have the B/W view if they're prepared to use the higher required points. It seemed to be a bit of a lottery under the old system.

I wonder whether there will be any other changes to making requests at the other DVC resorts.

Hi Kaylee, Fingers crossed you get your new confirmation - might be worth giving them a call to check if you've been assured of the view. We're staying standard view this time to save on points, and we often get a great view of Illuminations that way too.

I agree with you Hilary that it's a lot fairer. I bet a lot more people book at the 11 month window now to ensure they get the view they want. It's not a problem doing this, but it doesn't half make your DVC point statements more complicated :D

Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter