New queue re entry pass -Flight of Passage

I’ve seen other people ask this question - about this and more in general about this for the Star Wars attractions - I don’t know but hopefully they have some plan. Can’t just say, “ok, go out and then come back in the FP line” as people would abuse that.

Might just be a “too bad” scenario as not really sure how it would be handled

Could they link you to the party before/behind you (i.e. use them as the party you need to wait for at the end of the FP line)? I know that I'd be willing to be the "marker" if someone needed it.

Is this really a huge issue? I mean, I haven't experienced much if any of this. I think only a very few would actually try and abuse it. If someone is going past me and says, just catching up to my party, I'm okay with it because it happens so infrequently.

Our daughter had to use this when we were down there in January, they gave her a card and the rest of the group had to wait in the que til she got back, and they send them up the fast pass line.

Exactly. Those claiming that this is new aren't right

Is this really a huge issue? I mean, I haven't experienced much if any of this. I think only a very few would actually try and abuse it. If someone is going past me and says, just catching up to my party, I'm okay with it because it happens so infrequently.

I’ve definitely heard of some horror stories of parties of 10 saying they are getting back to their family member and pushing by and stuff

I’ve seen a bit where clearly wasn’t one person who had to go to the bathroom but also haven’t had huge issues. I think it just makes it clearer and don’t have to worry about it being someone cutting

Could they link you to the party before/behind you (i.e. use them as the party you need to wait for at the end of the FP line)? I know that I'd be willing to be the "marker" if someone needed it.
That's what I was thinking might be what happens.

I’ve definitely heard of some horror stories of parties of 10 saying they are getting back to their family member and pushing by and stuff

I’ve seen a bit where clearly wasn’t one person who had to go to the bathroom but also haven’t had huge issues. I think it just makes it clearer and don’t have to worry about it being someone cutting
Except it sounds like they have a system in place to handle this where people aren't pushing please.

The FOP queue gets really long, though. The surrounding people knowing won't be helpful when you're trying to pass people an hour back and out of view.

Ultimately, if we acted as we should, the people an hour or two back in line would have no reason to think the worst of anyone passing them by to walk closer to the start of the line, though, which was basically my point. They could more easily assume that we had a valid reason for doing so. It sucks that we can't stand in line in an orderly fashion without Disney needing to babysit our sorry butts. ;) And it sucks that when Disney is doing what they can to make the babysitting job easier, people will still try to cheat the system and/or complain about how Disney is trying to help.

I know people can be lousy, but some days/moments I just feel compelled to vent about it, basically. :)

I wouldn't say it was a huge issue, but I definitely noticed a few questionable instances on our last trip at Living with the Land and late at Expedition Everest. At LwtL, it was a big family of about 10 people, teenagers and older. Pretty obvious. At Everest it was teenagers in small groups or singles. We finally said something to one of the teenagers, and he became pretty vocally combative.

The mom or dad bringing their four-year-old back up, no one bats and eye.

Except it sounds like they have a system in place to handle this where people aren't pushing please.

for at least FoP - this was on another attraction where I had people push through ... so I am glad they are adding a more formal system

I noticed it says for "one guest entry" so it I take kid to restroom while DH stays in line is that 1 pass or each of us get one? That may be how people could get a larger group if they just distribute 1 for a group, without an actual headcount. And what if you're in the Fastpass line and it's gotten backed up, do you not get to reenter?

I wouldn't say it was a huge issue, but I definitely noticed a few questionable instances on our last trip at Living with the Land and late at Expedition Everest. At LwtL, it was a big family of about 10 people, teenagers and older. Pretty obvious. At Everest it was teenagers in small groups or singles. We finally said something to one of the teenagers, and he became pretty vocally combative.

The mom or dad bringing their four-year-old back up, no one bats and eye.

I've seen this too. We had an incident last trip where a guy rejoining his family was wearing a GIANT backpack and literally TOOK OUT my DD as he squeezed by everyone. A bunch of people (many who didn't even know us) yelled "hey watch where you are going!" and he got really combative. He was only a few parties in front of us and it was really awkward and we still had probably 30 minutes to go, so we exited the line and reported him. The CM was so apologetic and put us through the FP+ line instead.

What they should anticipate, with e-ticket rides like FOP and MF-SR, is that people WILL need a bathroom break while waiting in a 3-4 hour line. Why don't they just build a small bathroom along the way. Then you don't have to worry about waiting in line for an hour, then take your 6 year old to the bathroom, walk all the way through the queue backwards, go all the way to the bathroom, and then beg and plead your way back to where you were previously. Even if it was just you and your 6 year old in the line (meaning you don't have a "party" to get back to, holding your place in line), if there was a bathroom somewhere in the middle of the queue, presumably most of the people around you would recognize that you were just there and allow you to squeeze back in. Seems like a reasonable solution for something you KNOW would be used.

What they should anticipate, with e-ticket rides like FOP and MF-SR, is that people WILL need a bathroom break while waiting in a 3-4 hour line. Why don't they just build a small bathroom along the way. Then you don't have to worry about waiting in line for an hour, then take your 6 year old to the bathroom, walk all the way through the queue backwards, go all the way to the bathroom, and then beg and plead your way back to where you were previously. Even if it was just you and your 6 year old in the line (meaning you don't have a "party" to get back to, holding your place in line), if there was a bathroom somewhere in the middle of the queue, presumably most of the people around you would recognize that you were just there and allow you to squeeze back in. Seems like a reasonable solution for something you KNOW would be used.

Couldn’t they also have a CM at the bathroom? I assume there’s a CM already place around the lines just keeping an eye on things. I’ve honestly never waited in these long lines so I don know. I just assumed there was a bathroom halfway through. Hopefully they built it into the star wars lines.

I noticed it says for "one guest entry" so it I take kid to restroom while DH stays in line is that 1 pass or each of us get one? That may be how people could get a larger group if they just distribute 1 for a group, without an actual headcount. And what if you're in the Fastpass line and it's gotten backed up, do you not get to reenter?

My sister had to exit the fastpass line back in December 2017 for a restroom break. They gave her a paper return ticket like they had been using for rider swap at the time. I assume they have a plan in place for those situations.

Solve a friendly dispute between friend and I. She says one member of the party can wait in the entire standby line of FOP while the others in the party tour and then call them to join when nearing the front. I say no way. She swears she knows someone who did it.

I was just wondering the other day how we would handle a 90 minute+ wait with my son if we wanted to wait for one of the Star Wars attractions in the future.
I'm getting older too .. I can't hold it like I used to. :)

It seems like it would be a pain to find your way out and back into the queue though in an especially long line.
Solve a friendly dispute between friend and I. She says one member of the party can wait in the entire standby line of FOP while the others in the party tour and then call them to join when nearing the front. I say no way. She swears she knows someone who did it.
I am sure someone "DID" it .. but weren't supposed to. Most people aren't going to be confrontational and allow people to skip them while they try and get to the party. I know I don't question one or two people that are trying to get back to their family. It probably happens about once every 3-4 queues. Some people take advantage of that.

I admit I once "line skipped". Not proud of it, but sometimes things are happening so fast you just do it to keep your schedule on track. We wanted to rope drop Test Track. Broken. My friends happened to be nearby when TestTrack started up again an hour or so later .. they got in the queue (that was going straight out (no gates yet) from the entrance. We needed to have a short wait for Test Track as we were close to our Soarin' FP time. They waited for us for a bit, but got in line. I was rushing over with my son as fast we could (who was going to the bathroom) and they had just entered the outside gates (but not in the building yet). My son REALLY wanted to go on that ride with his best friend, so I asked people if I could jump in with them (had to maybe skip 20-30 or so people) .. and no one minded. If people had minded or if they had entered the building, I would have had them just wait for us as we waited at the end of the queue (in hindsight, we would have missed our Soarin' FP - because despite getting in Test Track line right away after re-opening, we still had to wait 40-50 minutes for the ride. We RAN (that is NOT a short distance) and arrived to Soarin' five minutes after our window (and they let us in).

Want to tire out some 4-6 year olds? Have them jog/run over from Test Track to the Land Pavilion.

You know, to me, it happens so infrequently, I don't mind. If it was happening all the time, it would be problematic. I'm on vacation, just chillin'...I don't need to get myself all worked up for a few rule breakers.

Horror stories?... I get it's an agitator to some but I think we can refrain from the hyperbole here.

Horror stories?... I get it's an agitator to some but I think we can refrain from the hyperbole here.

Guess on your definition but when people are being physically contacted and in some cases children being knocked down, I see that has pretty bad and in the context fit the term “horror story”

Guess on your definition but when people are being physically contacted and in some cases children being knocked down, I see that has pretty bad and in the context fit the term “horror story”

I guess so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!