New Reservation System ?

All ADRs are on hold right now and it sounded like that as long as the park reservation system is in place, ADRs will only be available for booking after a guest has secured their reservations,

That leads us to believe that the 60 day ADR window will go into effect either after this whole park reservation is done or that one up and running, other than July, people will be securing park days prior to the 60 day mark,

For the initial bookings, it does sound like no ADRs at all will be available before park days have been reserved, include for reservations farther out whose window for park reservations hasn’t even opened.
Thanks for sharing 😊

Ah okay, I must have misunderstood! Thanks😩...... That's possibly going to make table service difficult at first

I think they will really try, but a lot of the restaurants may not even open early, especially buffets. It looks like you have a while before your trip, so I would bet they will have ADRs by then and that many more of the restaurants will be open. Since my trip starts 7/12, I am kind of assuming that not much will be open so early.

I hope that if you have a reservation for a park for the day that you can leave and return if you would like. We almost always take a mid-day break on our July trips for some pool time or just to get out of the heat for awhile. And then we like to go back for dinner. Of course with the hours being so reduced, we may not take as many breaks, but I would like to have that option.

I think they will really try, but a lot of the restaurants may not even open early, especially buffets. It looks like you have a while before your trip, so I would bet they will have ADRs by then and that many more of the restaurants will be open. Since my trip starts 7/12, I am kind of assuming that not much will be open so early.
Sorry you will be at the beginning of the reopen...but, I'm hopeful for you that things will go smoothly and you will have at least a little Disney magic! Have a great trip😊.
We won't be there until August, so yes, hopefully table service will be up and going by then! I travel with my 2 children by myself 80 percent of our trips, so scheduled TS works well...so much easier🙂

Sorry you will be at the beginning of the reopen...but, I'm hopeful for you that things will go smoothly and you will have at least a little Disney magic! Have a great trip😊.
We won't be there until August, so yes, hopefully table service will be up and going by then! I travel with my 2 children by myself 80 percent of our trips, so scheduled TS works well...so much easier🙂

I figure a different Disney vacation is better than no vacation. I'm not too upset about it being at the beginning. It's not ideal. I think we will be fine though. We have been to Disney in a lot of different circumstances and we went to Volcano Bay opening weekend. We have always had a good time. We actually have had a lot of strange vacation circumstances, so we have learned to go with the flow. Having been a lot and having another vacation planned at Thanksgiving helps too. I try not to let vacation stress me, because it's supposed to be my release from the stress of work.

I am wondering if they will have people scan when they leave the park once they open it up for hopping,

From my friend who is a TA they are not going to allow hopping right away and park hopper option will be refunded,

Now, things are changing rapidly, and could change, but that is what she was advised to tell her clients.

We purchased our PH tickets through UT so I wonder how that refund would work for others in the same circumstance. We don't arrive for 6 months so hopefully won't be an issue for us then but I know many others may be directly impacted in July/Aug/Sept.

Hey
I keep checking DIS to see if there are any reports of people being contacted yet about making daily park reservations, but I haven't seen any reports yet. We are also have DVC room reservations & tickets, but ours are for October, so I assume they will start by reaching out to people in July first.
Hey Whitney we are October too so let me know if you get contacted. We have not received any emails....

We purchased our PH tickets through UT so I wonder how that refund would work for others in the same circumstance. We don't arrive for 6 months so hopefully won't be an issue for us then but I know many others may be directly impacted in July/Aug/Sept.

Good question, but typically Disney does not do any type of refunds with 3rd party tickets. So, those with UT tickets could be out of luck if they keep that same policy in place.

Until they release it all, including What happens if you don’t get park days every day, we just won’t know.

Those of you without tickets can try to quickly buy them from Undercover Tourist and get them linked. That also comes with different inherent risks but at least you have tickets.

I decided to buy 5 day UT tickets and was able to get them linked but am still nervous because I do not know if it will help me or end up being a weight around my neck

Thanks. This is really stressing me out! Hopefully we'll get some clarification soon.

I would not expect anything soon. I think they need to figure out some stuff still and possibly implement software. It could be a couple of weeks or it could be more toward the end of June. There is no knowing. I wouldn't bother worrying. Does worrying help? We will know when they tell us. I'm not being flippant about this either. I have a 7/12 reservation, but I can't worry over what I have no control over or information about. Good luck

I would not expect anything soon. I think they need to figure out some stuff still and possibly implement software. It could be a couple of weeks or it could be more toward the end of June. There is no knowing. I wouldn't bother worrying. Does worrying help? We will know when they tell us. I'm not being flippant about this either. I have a 7/12 reservation, but I can't worry over what I have no control over or information about. Good luck

I agree and think it will be mid June when we get details and emails go out. That gives them about 2 weeks to figure out the priority system and all the IT stuff.

Those of you without tickets can try to quickly buy them from Undercover Tourist and get them linked. That also comes with different inherent risks but at least you have tickets.

I decided to buy 5 day UT tickets and was able to get them linked but am still nervous because I do not know if it will help me or end up being a weight around my neck
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Just did this! It really eases my mind knowing we have tickets for our October trip. It is worth the risk to me knowing that we are covered.

IMHO the problem with the reservation system is that it does not track when people LEAVE the park. So say the capacity is 20K guests, do you only accept 20K reservations? What happens at 3pm when 2K guests have left for the day? Are people on "standy", are people lined up at the gates waiting for capacity, will Disney over-book to keep it at "full" capacity? Having not been during NYE time frame what does WDW usually do when the reach capacity?

It's hardly a perfect system for sure.
I can’t imagine that they can let anyone in to take your place. What if you want to go for an afternoon rest at your resort and come back? You have to be let in, otherwise you have very upset people who paid a lot for their ticket and can’t get back in for their dinner reservation. They may take a deposit to combat no-shows?

Did anyone with an October DVC reservation and tickets get an email about the new reservation system? We have not and when I called they said Disney will be starting to contact people sooner rather than later...

Did anyone with an October DVC reservation and tickets get an email about the new reservation system? We have not and when I called they said Disney will be starting to contact people sooner rather than later...
I have DVC reservations for October and received an email on Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter