New Resorts/TimeShare @ WDW?????

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
saw this on resort board:thumbsup2

Not sure if it means Eagles Pines will be a Four Seasons property or not?
----------------------

LUXURY DESTINATION RESORT - NORTHEAST RESORT AREA

Along the northeast border of Walt Disney World Resort, Disney plans to convert its Eagle Pines and Osprey Ridge golf courses into a luxury resort and golf community. The development will include a luxury hotel, 18-hole championship golf course, single- and multi-family vacation homes and fractional ownership vacation homes.

Disney entered into a letter of intent with Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts to bring these two complementary and respected brands together to anchor a new world-class family resort destination.

Four Seasons is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continuous innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. Currently with 74 hotels in 31 countries, and more than 25 properties under development, Four Seasons continues to lead the hospitality industry with innovative enhancements, making business travel easier and leisure travel more rewarding. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified in its employees -- people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service. Four Seasons currently operates two properties in Florida, Four Seasons Hotel Miami and the Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach.

"The Resort will have all the ingredients needed to create memorable vacations: gracious and caring staff; beautiful surroundings that are thoughtfully designed; and services and amenities that make every experience one to cherish," said Kathleen Taylor, president and chief operating officer, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. "It's an honor to collaborate with Walt Disney World Resort on this project. Walt Disney's reputation for service excellence and exceptional family entertainment amenities is an ideal complement to the values of Four Seasons. Central Florida will be a valuable addition to our family of resorts, particularly since this is a destination our guests already enjoy."

Once terms of the project are finalized, site work could begin later this year, with a hotel opening forecasted for 2010.

VALUE-ORIENTED DESTINATION - MIXED-USE TOURISM DISTRICT

On the western edge of the resort, Disney is planning a mixed-use tourist commercial district just outside Disney's gateway entrance. The master-planned development is comparable in size to Disney's Animal Kingdom.

The project combines third-party branded lodging, retail and dining in a pedestrian-friendly environment and will be another example of Disney's commitment to unique placemaking. Located outside Disney's gateway around the interchange where Western Way meets the Western Beltway, early development plans include 4,000 - 5,000 low- to mid-rise, value-priced lodging units and 300,000 - 500,000 square feet of commercial space. Designed around a retail village, the development will become a convenient shopping and service center for Cast Members, nearby residents and Central Florida visitors.

The project is currently in the design stage. Site work and branding is anticipated to begin later this year. The project will be built in phases over the next 8 - 10 years.

Walt Disney World Resort is a contiguous 40-square-mile, world-class entertainment and recreation center featuring four theme parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom); two water adventure parks (Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon); 32 resort hotels (22 owned and operated by Walt Disney World, including five Disney Vacation Club resort properties); two full-service spas; Disney's Wedding Pavilion; Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex; and Downtown Disney, an entertainment-shopping-dining complex encompassing the Marketplace, Pleasure Island and West Side. Walt Disney World Resort is also included in vacation packages of Disney Cruise Line. Located at Lake Buena Vista, Fla., 20 miles southwest of Orlando, Walt Disney World Resort opened Oct. 1, 1971. Open daily, year-round.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: Walt Disney World Resort

From the news report I saw.. Eagle Pines will become a Four Seasons resort.
My first thought was... I guess the DVC plans there are null and void.

I didn't see the actual article; very curious though.:confused3

While I'm hoping this pushes the hoped for CR futher up the wish-list; i'm somewhat disturbed as to the idea of another TS entity in WDW - as in worried it might lessen/cheapen the value of our 'investment'. One of it's strong points, is the fact that it is the only onsite TS offering.:confused:

Could this article be referring to a 'partnership' with Four Seasons re MANAGEMENT of the hotel to be built and nothing else? If so, then one might conjecture that the 'fractional ownership' might be a part of DVC and not a Four Season's time share development.

Hrm, what to think.

We all know the reasons why DVC contracts have expirations date; would the Four Seasons timeshares have to be the same since they are on Disney Property? I don't think Four Seasons' other properties are set up like this; meaning like DVC where we have contracts that eventually expire.

If they are able to actually sell this as actual ownership with no expiration how do you think this could impact DVC, if at all? For me the idea of actually "owning" on Disney property is a tiny bit of a tempting notion.

Could this article be referring to a 'partnership' with Four Seasons re MANAGEMENT of the hotel to be built and nothing else? If so, then one might conjecture that the 'fractional ownership' might be a part of DVC and not a Four Season's time share development.

I don't think so, It looks like it will have the Four Seasons name on it.

Fractional vacation properties are different than time shares in that they are much more expensive, and have far fewer owners. This gives the owners much longer use periods (From several weeks to several months). Most Fractional units have from 3 to 10 owners.

For those who know, is this purported arrangement similar to the one that Disney has with Swan/Dolphin?
If, as some of the posts suggest, it would be a timeshare which could share some of the Disney perks (such as transportation, DVC discounts on restaurants, etc.) and yet some extras, such as a longer contract, how could DVC compete in appeal to any but the totally die-hard "Mouseketeers"!:confused3

Well, I refuse to worry right now!:mad:

My mantra will be "'Til it IS, it ISN'T!"

For those who know, is this purported arrangement similar to the one that Disney has with Swan/Dolphin?
If, as some of the posts suggest, it would be a timeshare which could share some of the Disney perks (such as transportation, DVC discounts on restaurants, etc.) and yet some extras, such as a longer contract, how could DVC compete in appeal to any but the totally die-hard "Mouseketeers"!:confused3

Well, I refuse to worry right now!:mad:

My mantra will be "'Til it IS, it ISN'T!"
DVC can compete on price. We looked into the Four Seasons timeshare in Scottsdale, and it was far more expensive than DVC. The service and other amenities were equally high. But the price was way, way out of our range. The Four Seasons resort will appeal to a different type of buyer.

And I assume that these are timeshares. The rest of the Four Seasons properties are. I think they used the term "fractional ownership" at Scottsdale, too, but they were selling two weeks at a time.

Here's the Four Seasons timeshare website: http://www.fourseasons.com/residence_clubs/index.html

DVC can compete on price. We looked into the Four Seasons timeshare in Scottsdale, and it was far more expensive than DVC. The service and other amenities were equally high. But the price was way, way out of our range. The Four Seasons resort will appeal to a different type of buyer.

And I assume that these are timeshares. The rest of the Four Seasons properties are. I think they used the term "fractional ownership" at Scottsdale, too, but they were selling two weeks at a time.

Here's the Four Seasons timeshare website: http://www.fourseasons.com/residence_clubs/index.html

Fractional ownerships that I have looked at were for one week, maybe 8-16 people owned the unit. Your weeks rotate so once x number of years you get the major holidays. With kids in school it didn't make work out for us. Plus they are a lot more money than 400 points at SSR.

Four Seasons is more in line with a Ritz Carlton level -- best in class product and service. I believe their fractional ownerships are in the three to five week range (actually expressed in days per year -- 21 - 35) and are priced accordingly. It is a luxury purchase.

Our DVC compares more to the Marriott level -- top brand, consistently high quality product and service

not going to worry about it yet, but doesnt sound all that enticing. Not sure why in the world they would want to get into something like that when there sales for dvc seem to be doing great as is.

sounds similar to the garbage they did with the S&D

Why are people getting worried about this? I don't get it. It will be a Four Seasons timeshare, not DVC. They won't get DVC benefits. My guess is the arrangement will be similar to S&D. They will get transportation and the such. They will travel to other FS timeshare locations and not dip into DVC inventory. What's the big deal? It will be nice to be able to visit such a magnificent hotel on Disney grounds. We will be able to visit and enjoy their restaurants. Sounds like a good deal for Disney. They were never going to build EP anyway, especially if they are moving in the direction of adding CR to the DVC family. It will take years to build that highrise before they can start working on another DVC.

My guess is that the Four Season "fractional ownerships" will probably start at $300K or higher for a 4 week ownership. It is a much different purchase than buying DVC. It should have no effect on DVC. The only negatives are that Eagle Pines looked like a beautiful resort and I wish Disney had gone forward with it on their own. And, some people have mentioned that this plan seems to indicate that we'll be losing at least one golf course to the Four Seasons with no guarantee we'll even be able to play it.

While golf is not important to many DVC'ers, many of the original purchasers into the Disney Vacation Club (now OKW) were big golfers and the golf played a big part in their decision to buy.

While golf is not important to many DVC'ers, many of the original purchasers into the Disney Vacation Club (now OKW) were big golfers and the golf played a big part in their decision to buy.

Might be a good time for more DVC owners to check out what Marriott has to offer in Orlando - golf courses and all. ;)

My guess is that the Four Season "fractional ownerships" will probably start at $300K or higher for a 4 week ownership. It is a much different purchase than buying DVC. It should have no effect on DVC. The only negatives are that Eagle Pines looked like a beautiful resort and I wish Disney had gone forward with it on their own. And, some people have mentioned that this plan seems to indicate that we'll be losing at least one golf course to the Four Seasons with no guarantee we'll even be able to play it.

300K?:scared1: For a 4-week ownership?:scared1:
We get at least 4 weeks out of our "measly" DVC ownership (@25K in total).:lmao: 'Til now, I never thought of DVC as a "bargain", BUT.................:rolleyes1

I talked to my guide a little about this, He said the resort will be in the $300,000 range, celebrities, rich people , pro athletes that kind of cliental. They're hoping they get to sell the resort.

I'm one of those original owners at OKW who bought for many of the golfing opportunities at WDW especially Osprey Ridge. I have no problem with and even welcome the Four Seaons, but not at the expense of what I have come to enjoy. Part of the joy of golfing at Osprey and Eagle Pines was their peacefulness and remoteness. Lake Buena Vista course is surrounded by homes (mine included) and the Plam and Magnolia too often compete with the obnoxious noises of the race track. Why could not have the Four Seasons built up on other WDW land?
Rethinking my OKW ownership,
Steve in Iowa

You can rethink even more. From what I heard today (second hand info), it is the Osprey that is being given over to the Four Seasons control and it will be renamed (not known yet what)

I talked to my guide a little about this, He said the resort will be in the $300,000 range, celebrities, rich people , pro athletes that kind of cliental. They're hoping they get to sell the resort.

"They're hoping they get to sell the resort."

Really??? So DVC guides will also sell FSH timeshares, too???

"They're hoping they get to sell the resort."

Really??? So DVC guides will also sell FSH timeshares, too???

Not to hurt any guides' feelings, but I think FS's will require a different type of sales approach than DVC.

When we looked at timeshares in N. MI, the big(DVC like) had a totally different type of sales people than, the small boutique more expensive one. The more expensive one focused on "quality of life" issues and benefits, feeling if you had to ask the price we really don't need to be talking to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter