NEW rides at Studios/Toy story land

LHSDVC

Earning My Ears
Any word about accessibility of the new rides at the studios
My husband is a power wheelchair user and does not transfer

Still disappointed that the new rides at AK were not accessible
and that they won't let someone watch soarin' from a wheelchair!

Hope they do better with this new land!

Linda

PS -- used to be on these boards regularly but had to start new name due to password isssues!
LindaDVC or DVCLinda (it has been awhile)

there is no way to experience Soarin' from the ground in a WC. I imagine its the same for the new Pandora ride as well.

I know they won't let you view it from the floor ( i have asked)
however it would be better than not seeing the movie at all since can't transfer.

The accessibility info is listed on the WDW website:

Slinky Dog Dash Accessibility
  • Must transfer to standard wheelchair, and then to ride vehicle

Alien Swirling Saucers Accessibility

• Must Transfer from Wheelchair/ECV

The Alien ride is the same ride over at Disneyland cars land ( I forget what ride it was) and this one you do have to transfer. and since the other is a roller coaster I would say that pretty much means you will have to transfer out.

So it looks like ECVs won't be allowed in the Slinky Dog queue?

So it looks like ECVs won't be allowed in the Slinky Dog queue?
This is what I got too, Not sure how many of us will be there opening day. I have a trip planned for opening day and will report anything I can when I get back ( or maybe the day of)

I know they won't let you view it from the floor ( i have asked)
however it would be better than not seeing the movie at all since can't transfer.

nope. the way the screen is set up you would not have any sort of viewing angle that would be reasonable. everything would be blurry at best and migraine inducing at worst.

nope. the way the screen is set up you would not have any sort of viewing angle that would be reasonable. everything would be blurry at best and migraine inducing at worst.
For Soarin’ you would not see anything from the floor because the 3 levels of seats would be lifted up in front of you.
From what I have heard, even the CMs that are assisting people to get settled in Soarin’ need to be out of the main area because of the mechanism that raises and lowers all the seats.

For Soarin’ you would not see anything from the floor because the 3 levels of seats would be lifted up in front of you.
From what I have heard, even the CMs that are assisting people to get settled in Soarin’ need to be out of the main area because of the mechanism that raises and lowers all the seats.
There is always a CM in the room they are off to the side and are watching the guest that are on the ride if you sit to the right side and look down you can see the CM is still in the room. but no guest can be in the room as this place is only big enough for one CM and the view from the ground is very bad. if someone can not ride soring you can see videos of it Youtube

There is always a CM in the room they are off to the side and are watching the guest that are on the ride if you sit to the right side and look down you can see the CM is still in the room. but no guest can be in the room as this place is only big enough for one CM and the view from the ground is very bad. if someone can not ride soring you can see videos of it Youtube
Yes, CM is there to the side, but not in the main area (which I mean in the area where the seats were right before they lifted off). We are talking about the same thing.

Still disappointed that the new rides at AK were not accessible

I didn't realize there was no wheelchair boat at Navi! We haven't had need for it yet, but there is no excuse to not have one on a brand new build. Same with Swirling Saucers. They could have made a wheelchair one, with appropriate supports.

I can understand the coasters not being accessible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter