New SB ?'s

manman1

Earning My Ears
I am new at scrapbooking but it looks like a great way to preserve memories (and fun too).
I want to prepare a scrapbook for my first trip to WDW (in 29 days) and have not been able to decide which scrapbook to go with. These are my choices:

a 60 pg sprial-bound blank scrapbook

or a kit that has 20 pgs but comes with cut outs, etc.

With this being my first SB project what would you experts reccomend.
Thanks for any responses.

I would stay away from the spiral bound one just because you can't add more pages or take out unused pages. Also there aren't any page protectors for those that I'm aware of. I always use page protectors on albums that will be looked at repeatedly.
The kit would be OK but look at the pieces that come with it. Chances are you won't really use the die cuts that come with it for this album but perhaps for another one down the line.
I like to use an album that I can add pages to. My album of our 1st (and so far only) trip to WDW is 26 pages.
I'm just wondering- Why do you say those are your only choices?

I bought a kit and it has been a big waste of money, look carefully at the supplies it comes with, the supplies in my kit were of a very poor quality.

I bought an album in WDW, it's a 3 ring binder and it came with 15 page protectors, so you can do 30 sides. It also had some colored card, but not a lot else.
I've added some pages to it, but I would say 25 was probably the most it will take realistically.

Bev

I agree with bananiem. I would get an album that you can add pages to. I say this from experience. I am currently working on pics. from our Nov. 2000 trip. We don't get to WDW often, so it was a big trip and we took a lot of pics (22 rolls)! I use CM albums, and am into my 2nd one for just one trip. I had 40 pages (80 sides) in the first album and the 2nd will probably be close to that. I never expected that we would take so many pics, and I'm glad for the flexibiltiy with my albums.

Elaine

Here is my $. 02.

Don't skimp on the quality of your album since that is the foundation and the part that will get the most handling through the years.

There are two basic types of albums I would recommend. Post bound and strap bound.

Creative Memories makes the best strap bound album, hands down. Post bounds can be gotten from various companies and retail stores. You can expand both types.

I use post bounds for on going projects and CM albums for projects that have a beginning and an end.

Chessie

I agree with chessie, except I prefer strap albums overall. I think the quality of CM albums are the best out there and if you put all the time into the album you want it to hold up over time. They are worth the investment.

I think my next album will definitely be a post bound. I hate that I have to pretty much scrap in order with the strap hinge. I am new to scrapbooking am not very creative so it is easier to scrap out of order for me when an idea hits me. I also do not like white backgrounds, I prefer using patterned paper or cardstock. I would never use a spiral bound. You cannot add to it if you want to.

Best of luck to you. This is a fun hobby. I hope you enjoy it.

I scrap out of order all the time with my strap hinge album. It really isn't that hard to take the album apart to rearrange them. I like background paper, too, but I just fasten it to the page. In fact, I have about 35 or 40 pages of Disney completed right now that are not in my album yet. Some are on background paper waiting to be affixed to a page and others are on a CM page with a white background. I keep the completed pages in a 12 x 12 box. When I am finished, I will get them all in order and put them in the album.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter