New Scrapbooker - Disney ?s

SalandJeff

Disney Addict x 3
I've just started scrapbooking (I've got to do something with 11 years of Disney photos, tickets, etc!).

Do they sell a lot of scrapbooking supplies at WDW? If so, where's a good spot to find them - DD, outlets?

I've found a few at my local stores such as Michaels and AC Moore, but I want more. They seem to have some character stickers, but I'd like more that are directly related to WDW.

Thanks!

37 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pinkbounc

They sell scrapbooks, and some stickers (www.mousememories.com has the same ones)
Personally, I thought the album was great but I don't like the stickers. Also, I have got a lot of pages in my album now and it can't cope - I would say 25 pages max.

Have you tried M&MBI's they do some lovely theme park stickers, not strictly WDW but they would certainly work. I think they are lovely.

Bev

I have found very little at WDW that actually helped me with my scrapbooks. However, it is pretty easy to find Disney coloring books, even at home. I have two old ones that have characters in the parks. There is another with characters in safari gear. The pictures are easy to turn into paper piecing patterns. That way you can have a great castle page, Main Street, etc. Most do have the characters, but maybe you could just leave them out and use the background? Watch for anything you could enlarge on a copy machine when you get home and make a pattern. Sometimes I get ideas from napkins or maps. Keep your eyes open and look at ads. Ideas can be endless!

I agree with MerryPoppins about keeping your eyes open for ideas. You never know where you may find them.

I made a title page from a design that was on a bag from one of the stores in Disney. It was a big Mickey head shape that formed the fireworks behind the castle. CM has a die cut of the castle and I used glue on sparkle stars to form the fireworks.

My friend made a great color block page with a design she found on a hang tag from something she bought at Disney.

Once you make yourself aware of it, you see ideas everywhere.

Chessie

Some great places for inspiration and supplies are www.twopeasinabucket.com (If you look in their "Creating Garden") and look under the July patterns--there are several Disney ones--some free. www.scrapramento.com has some cute layout ideas you can print off and they sell supplies online, too. www.dmarie.com has some cute layout ideas (you can do a search for disney) and they sell some stickers and punches and stuff with a Disney theme. Creating Keepsakes published a whole idea book of Disney and all their supplies are usally listed in the idea book. My local craft stores also have some Disney paper and die-cuts and stickers. I just finished my scrapbook of our last Disney trip--it was really fun to do! Good luck!
Leigh Ann

Is this a web site or store? M&MBI's if it is a site could you email me their site address or place it here?
Thanks Sondra

M&MBI = Me and My Big Ideas, they have a website, but you can buy their stuff from loads of websites, I buy them from a UK store, so they must be easily available in the States!

http://www.meandmybigideas.com/

the theme park stickers are really cute.

123.jpg

Bev

Thanks everyone for all the great links. I've found some Disney items I really like. Now I just have to get to work!

26 days to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter