New security measure: Do not disturb signs being Removed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone there know whether the Disney Security folks are showing ID when they enter an occupied room without being invited in? Anyone have problems with the new procedure and worked out a solution with management for the remainder of their stay?

Anyone there know whether the Disney Security folks are showing ID when they enter an occupied room without being invited in? Anyone have problems with the new procedure and worked out a solution with management for the remainder of their stay?
I don't know if they regularly show ID, but they will if they knock on my door and expect to be admitted.

I'd be curious to see how many of those 100's of people actually won't stay at WDW resorts again because of this new policy. I'm thinking that number will go down a bit. :D

Unfortunately there are alot of people here who have convinced themselves that Disney is the only place they can vacation.

Alot of them won't go through with avoiding Disney. And then there are those that don't understand that if they stay offsite, but go to Disney they are still giving money to and supporting Disney.

However, I do think Disney has greatly underestimated the amount of complaining and angry people they will have to deal with over this policy. Things are just getting started on that front. There could be alot of managers applying for stress leave soon!

I've worked out a solution. I'm going to vacation and spend my money somewhere other than Disney.

I just wrote to Disney Guest Communications (WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com), asking them if this was going to be the policy at WDW resorts going forward and letting them know that if it is, I will be canceling my upcoming reservation. I'll post back when I get a reply from them. All I've gotten so far is an automated response telling me they received my email.

I don't have to be "brave" to cancel my reservation. I just don't want to go on vacation and be disturbed while I'm in my hotel room for a security check every day. There's nothing brave about it. If I'm paying for something that's for my enjoyment, I want to enjoy it. Period.

I've worked out a solution. I'm going to vacation and spend my money somewhere other than Disney.

Sorry to hear that's your solution since most of us on the DIS are Disney fans. My questions was intended to find out what Disney management was doing when they were made aware of some of the problems raised here. There seems to be a lot of confusion amongst CM. I'm hoping to hear something like "I explained how they barged in while we were sleeping/bathing/other activity even after we asked them to come back. Management agreed that to arrange for the security check during times convenient to the guest." If that's not happening now, it should be.

I just wrote to Disney Guest Communications (WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com), asking them if this was going to be the policy at WDW resorts going forward and letting them know that if it is, I will be canceling my upcoming reservation. I'll post back when I get a reply from them. All I've gotten so far is an automated response telling me they received my email.

I don't have to be "brave" to cancel my reservation. I just don't want to go on vacation and be disturbed while I'm in my hotel room for a security check every day. There's nothing brave about it. If I'm paying for something that's for my enjoyment, I want to enjoy it. Period.
I wrote to them there as well, I got a request for a phone call but just played some phone tag then when I asked them to put what they wanted to say in writing they stopped responding.

If one arranges for a time for security to come and check, doesn't that kind of negate the "security" aspect of it? Really, I don't see any security aspect to any of this and am actively looking into booking somewhere else.
If whatever event was being planned took more than 24hrs to implement, this would be a deterrent. If not, this will have no effect.

Sorry to hear that's your solution since most of us on the DIS are Disney fans. My questions was intended to find out what Disney management was doing when they were made aware of some of the problems raised here. There seems to be a lot of confusion amongst CM. I'm hoping to hear something like "I explained how they barged in while we were sleeping/bathing/other activity even after we asked them to come back. Management agreed that to arrange for the security check during times convenient to the guest." If that's not happening now, it should be.

I am a Disney fan. However I won't spend $10k plus on a vacation and be treated like this.

I shouldn't have to go talk to a manager to have this resolved. The whole policy needs to be re-thought by them.

I am hoping they will revise or back off this policy over the next few months when the realize how angry people are.

I would rather not cross WDW off my list of vacation destinations, but I will if this policy doesn't change.

Unfortunately there are alot of people here who have convinced themselves that Disney is the only place they can vacation.

Alot of them won't go through with avoiding Disney. And then there are those that don't understand that if they stay offsite, but go to Disney they are still giving money to and supporting Disney.

However, I do think Disney has greatly underestimated the amount of complaining and angry people they will have to deal with over this policy. Things are just getting started on that front. There could be alot of managers applying for stress leave soon!

It takes a lot of dedication to totally stop giving Disney money. It isn't just the resorts. It is giving up certain movies and tv. Anything Marvel or Pixar. Star Wars and Touchstone.

It takes a lot of dedication to totally stop giving Disney money. It isn't just the resorts. It is giving up certain movies and tv. Anything Marvel or Pixar. Star Wars and Touchstone.

I'm just talking about the vacation destination. If they want to treat people like crap and expect them to pay the the high prices to vacation there, that doesn't work for me.

I enjoy the Marvel and Star Wars movies. That is a different division and they don't treat me like crap while I'm watching them.

I was making reference to the people who think that staying offsite, but still going to WDW spending money in their parks is somehow going to make a statement.

There is only 2 ways to impact Disney into re-thinking this policy.

1) Everyone who is upset about this stops going to WDW and DL. Hopefully it impacts the occupancy rate at their resorts and profits in the parks. I doubt this will happen, but if everyone who is angry about this still goes it for sure won't change anything.

2) The droves of angry people complaining to resort managers takes up all there time and puts many of them on stress leave. Disney realizes that at least 50% of there guests are very angry with how they are being treated. Also all ridiculous invasions of privacy end up in the media making Disney look very bad.

This is the only way things will change. Otherwise Disney will just forge ahead if the money keeps rolling in. It really won't be the happiest place on earth anymore though.

this isn’t just Disney. Disney is bring more up front. Many hotels are now adding policies to check on rooms with dnd signs up over 24 hours which is basically this policy.

I'm just talking about the vacation destination. If they want to treat people like crap and expect them to pay the the high prices to vacation there, that doesn't work for me.

I enjoy the Marvel and Star Wars movies. That is a different division and they don't treat me like crap while I'm watching them.

But if enjoy all of those things you are still feeding money to Disney Corp.

I'm also thinking a mass shooting A la Vegas wouldn't make WDW seem very happy either. Probably a lot less happy than it is now with a few people complaining. Face it, a mass shooting or other attack would hurt their bottom line way more than a few disgruntled guests.

But if enjoy all of those things you are still feeding money to Disney Corp.

I'm also thinking a mass shooting A la Vegas wouldn't make WDW seem very happy either. Probably a lot less happy than it is now with a few people complaining. Face it, a mass shooting or other attack would hurt their bottom line way more than a few disgruntled guests.

These invasion of privacy "security" checks do nothing to prevent anything. This is all for the lawyers. This is Disney trying to limit liability in the event of an incident. This won't make anyone any safer.

this isn’t just Disney. Disney is bring more up front. Many hotels are now adding policies to check on rooms with dnd signs up over 24 hours which is basically this policy.

Perhaps I've misunderstood something, but from what I've gathered, there are no longer any DND signs at WDW, and even if you have a "Room Occupied" sign on the door and mousekeeping, for example, made up your bed yesterday, much less than 24 hours ago, security will still knock on your door. Even if you're taking a nap in the afternoon and mousekeeping serviced your room that morning. That is a big difference from having a DND up for 24+ hours and no one has had any access to your room except you.

When I'm in a hotel and I put the DND up, it's because I don't want to be disturbed. At all!

These invasion of privacy "security" checks do nothing to prevent anything. This is all for the lawyers. This is Disney trying to limit liability in the event of an incident. This won't make anyone any safer.

That is your opinion, which you have a right to. I'm comfortable in saying if there was a shooting at any WDW resort for a fact bookings would go down.

I also want to say I agree liability is a huge reason for this. But I don't think they are wrong for it. I'm not thrilled either with the though of having a massive headache and having someone banging on my door. But I don't see it as worth all the hue and cry either.

Perhaps I've misunderstood something, but from what I've gathered, there are no longer any DND signs at WDW, and even if you have a "Room Occupied" sign on the door and mousekeeping, for example, made up your bed yesterday, much less than 24 hours ago, security will still knock on your door. Even if you're taking a nap in the afternoon and mousekeeping serviced your room that morning. That is a big difference from having a DND up for 24+ hours and no one has had any access to your room except you.

When I'm in a hotel and I put the DND up, it's because I don't want to be disturbed. At all!
I thought the point of the "room occupied" sign was that you would put it up when you were in the room, and take it down when you left - so they would know the room was available to check, without disturbing anyone.

For days when you spend significant time out of the room, you won't have a nap interrupted, because they can check it while you're gone. For days when you spend all day in the room, you could possibly hear a knock on the door during a nap.

That is your opinion, which you have a right to. I'm comfortable in saying if there was a shooting at any WDW resort for a fact bookings would go down.

I agree with you.

What I'm saying is these pretend invasion of privacy security checks wont stop anything from happening.

I agree with you.

What I'm saying is these pretend invasion of privacy security checks wont stop anything from happening.

It may. The very fact that it is out there and so talked about may give someone pause, enough that they go to some other property instead of a Disney resort if they have something illegal in mind.

I know if I wanted to plan something nefarious I wouldn't go stay at a resort where I knew they were going to do random checks on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter