New Sesame Street area

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
Is there any "firm(ish)" date on when this is to open? As well as information on what the rides will be like etc? My daughter will be 9 in June, but has ASD and is a bit "young" for her age. She loves Sesame Street. Will the rides be too small?

Is there a good place to read up on what the changes are? I don't keep on top of Sea World like I do with WDW but I will be there next March and I'm curious what got removed, what stayed, what's been added...

Is there a good place to read up on what the changes are? I don't keep on top of Sea World like I do with WDW but I will be there next March and I'm curious what got removed, what stayed, what's been added...

From what I've found, the entire area was demolished and is getting 6 new rides, plus a parade, and a splash play area.

I've had a hard time finding seaworld info. I just go on their website and read about the attractions. They also have an app.

From what I've found, the entire area was demolished and is getting 6 new rides, plus a parade, and a splash play area.

That huge rope/net area is gone? My kids will be so, so sad. I however will not. I can't tell you the panic attacks I got on that thing when I would have to go rescue one of my kids...

That huge rope/net area is gone? My kids will be so, so sad. I however will not. I can't tell you the panic attacks I got on that thing when I would have to go rescue one of my kids...

Yes. The whole play area is gone

I don't believe they are getting any new rides. If you look closely at the construction area you can still see the same rides there. They are doing something to them like a retheme but technically it is the same ride, at least from what I can see.

As frequent visitors to Sesame Place in years gone by, but with two younger kids who’ve missed out on that experience, I love the opportunity to see SP lands in SW/BG. The BG Sesame show and meet and greet was well done in 2016.

Usually the kids rides are suitable for Adults too, that way the whole family can ride together. If your kid loves Sesame Street and the characters, she will be fine.
I for one am really looking forward to it, we're going back in September (Fall) and it should be open by then as it says Spring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter