New signature dining coming to Japan

Always good to get a new table service restaurant in the parks. I have been to every restaurant at the parks except for one of them.

Here is the info:

While we’re on the topic of Epcot, I have one more exciting announcement: an all-new table service restaurant will be coming to the Japan Pavilion in World Showcase, offering guests a signature dining experience inspired by the natural beauty of Japan. The setting will draw from both nature and takumi, which means “artisan” in Japanese, and the relationship between Japanese craftsmanship and the natural world will be evident throughout the space. This new restaurant will be operated by Mitsukoshi USA, which operates the merchandise, restaurants (Teppan Edo and Tokyo Dining), and kiosks in the Japan Pavilion. Once completed, the restaurant will add to the rich tapestry of authentic cultural experiences available to guests in World Showcase.
Anyone know where this is going to be built?

Also, another question worth pondering: do we need additional signature restaurants at EPCOT, or at WDW in general?

I can think of areas that really need more restaurants but I suppose anything new is good. Four places to eat in one pavilion is pretty amazing.

Here is the info:

While we’re on the topic of Epcot, I have one more exciting announcement: an all-new table service restaurant will be coming to the Japan Pavilion in World Showcase, offering guests a signature dining experience inspired by the natural beauty of Japan. The setting will draw from both nature and takumi, which means “artisan” in Japanese, and the relationship between Japanese craftsmanship and the natural world will be evident throughout the space. This new restaurant will be operated by Mitsukoshi USA, which operates the merchandise, restaurants (Teppan Edo and Tokyo Dining), and kiosks in the Japan Pavilion. Once completed, the restaurant will add to the rich tapestry of authentic cultural experiences available to guests in World Showcase.
Anyone know where this is going to be built?

Also, another question worth pondering: do we need additional signature restaurants at EPCOT, or at WDW in general?
Epcot probably doesn’t “need” another restaurant period, but the food is the main draw to that park so it makes sense. MK and the studios need improved table services though

Epcot probably doesn’t “need” another restaurant period, but the food is the main draw to that park so it makes sense. MK and the studios need improved table services though

For real ... I'd love for DHS to have another signature offering, but unfortunately it will probably end up being Star Wars-related which is a non-starter for me.

I know people love it, but a reboot of Liberty Tree Tavern would also be awesome.

Skipper’s Canteen helped MK but definitely need more

galaxy’s Edge will have a table service but also agree they still need more. Our go to in that park has become the outside lounge at the town derby

For real ... I'd love for DHS to have another signature offering, but unfortunately it will probably end up being Star Wars-related which is a non-starter for me.

I know people love it, but a reboot of Liberty Tree Tavern would also be awesome.
I think liberty tree is fine for what it is but it just doesn’t do anything for us (I’m not big on thanksgiving good on thanksgiving, forget about on vacation)

galaxy’s Edge will have a table service but also agree they still need more. Our go to in that park has become the outside lounge at the town derby
Yeah all we’re getting right now is one table service and it’s not enough like you said for that park.

I've been there two times now, and won't be back.

The food isn't that great and is expensive too. I like that they are trying to do more "ethnic" types of dishes there (my favorite types of food are indian and thai), but they just don't do it well. They would be better off just doing a simple indian style curry and thai curries and pad thai. They are making it way harder than it needs to be.

I've been there two times now, and won't be back.

The food isn't that great and is expensive too. I like that they are trying to do more "ethnic" types of dishes there (my favorite types of food are indian and thai), but they just don't do it well. They would be better off just doing a simple indian style curry and thai curries and pad thai. They are making it way harder than it needs to be.

We've only been there one but enjoyed the food - I agree it is on the pricey side though and not something we will do every trip or anything (largely due to that more than the food)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter