New Star Wars Trailer dropped

Rise of Skywalker...WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!? Between this, Game of Thrones, and Avengers Endgame I can't handle all the anticipation...and it's also finality in so many things that I have been watching for a long time...what am I going to do in 2020?? lol

I so agree with this. Then some of my other favorite shows like Arrow and Supernatural are wrapping in 2019/2020 as well. Luckily, SW has more coming, including reportedly a trilogy by the Game of Thrones show writers. And Marvel will have more. But it's just all these stories coming to an end. I'm excited, but sad, and a little worried how they will all wrap up. Episode IX worries me the most because I've never seen JJ Abrams adequately close out a show. He's good at creating story threads, but he doesn't always succeed at wrapping those threads up.

< ATTENDING

Interesting that they're making it seem like the Emperor is back. Possibly bringing some stuff in from the Legends extended universe?

Might just be me, but it's hard to get excited about it being the end of the saga since I haven't felt a surge of storytelling and momentum the past two films?

I don't disagree, but, I mean, take my money now. Star Wars movies had become a Christmas tradition for our family. That is, until they release Solo in May last year - let's not talk about that though. I'm hoping that a lot of the partial stories they've been telling all come together in a cohesive narrative in this final one (much like the Harry Potter movies/books).

There's no way this is really the last movie, right? Why kill the golden goose when you've built not one, but two Star Wars lands in the parks?

< ATTENDING

I don't disagree, but, I mean, take my money now. Star Wars movies had become a Christmas tradition for our family. That is, until they release Solo in May last year - let's not talk about that though. I'm hoping that a lot of the partial stories they've been telling all come together in a cohesive narrative in this final one (much like the Harry Potter movies/books).

There's no way this is really the last movie, right? Why kill the golden goose when you've built not one, but two Star Wars lands in the parks?
Undoubtedly this trilogy is gonna be over. Star Wars is such a vast catalogue of locations and timelines that I’m sure they’ll keep churning out some sort of media for the foreseeable future

< ATTENDING

It remains to be seen if Star Wars is still a "golden goose" at the box office.

We'll get our answer this Christmas .

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. Abrams may have gone overboard on the first one, copying too many things from the original trilogy, but I do credit him for setting the second movie with some interesting stories to follow, such as Rey's lineage, Snoke, etc. Rian Johnson, may have wanted to "shake things up" but it's clear he just didn't understand what makes Star Wars so special. He undid everything, sucking the life out of all that Abrams had built up. Abrams has some work to do here, but bringing back Lando, Palpatine, Luke (in some fashion), and hopefully revealing that Rey's lineage is not what Kylo stated- that would give me hope.

But if they bring back the Palpatine as a force ghost, doesn't that contradict what Obi Wan said in the first one while fighting Vader -- that once a dark side guy dies, he dies. As opposed to good side guys who become more powerful than he cold ever imagine.

it was an enticing laugh, though. Apparently the actor stood up on stage after the trailers, so he'd pretty clearly in it somehow.

Obi-Wan said he would become more powerful, but never said anything about the dark side.

Obi-Wan said he would become more powerful, but never said anything about the dark side.

Obi Wan didn't say anything about the dark side force users dying - but I think that is known now in cannon that dark side users cannot become force ghosts which is why they are so focused on extending their lives via any way possible

Rise of Skywalker...WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!? Between this, Game of Thrones, and Avengers Endgame I can't handle all the anticipation...and it's also finality in so many things that I have been watching for a long time...what am I going to do in 2020?? lol

Personally I think it has to do with Anakin and about his original creation (via Palgeaus) and then his shift from good to bad to good - so his final turn to good was the "rise of Skywalker" over the Vader part of him (and perhaps that conflict continues in this movie)

The first words spoken in the very first Star Wars movie were uttered by Anthony Daniels / C3PO. He's been a fixture in all of the other movies, in some form or another. It would only be fitting that since he uttered first words in Star Wars, he be given the honor of speaking the last words in this final movie. He's earned the honor, and it would nicely bookend the movie series.

The first words spoken in the very first Star Wars movie were uttered by Anthony Daniels / C3PO. He's been a fixture in all of the other movies, in some form or another. It would only be fitting that since he uttered first words in Star Wars, he be given the honor of speaking the last words in this final movie. He's earned the honor, and it would nicely bookend the movie series.

"This is madness" would be a great final line via 3PO, but not sure how it could be shoehorned in.

I noticed a snow planet on the trailer. Perhaps disneysource was right about Beastly Dominion and this is the Star Wars snow planet he foretold about.

I'm leaning towards Rey is a Palpatine clone or creation. Snoke probably was one as well, just one of his earlier attempts, thus his deformed appearance.

I'm leaning towards Rey is a Palpatine clone or creation. Snoke probably was one as well, just one of his earlier attempts, thus his deformed appearance.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is something to this. I'm a bit of a nerd, but in the first movie, TFA, when Rey was fighting Kylo her fighting style, lunging forward with the light saber- it was very similar to what we saw with Palpatine when fights with the light saber. And the music that played during her fight scene was very similar to Palpatine's theme music. Abrams is known for dropping hints like that, so I think there is definitely a possibility here. I'd recommend going on youtube and compare their fighting styles- you'll see what I mean.

JJ Abrams has to cleanup the last guys mess.

- He killed Phasma too soon
- He killed Snoke too soon
- He gave Rose too many lines and scenes

and

- He said Rey was a nobody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter