New Star Wars Trailer dropped

Just the laugh. So it could be a force ghost thing or something like that.
I had only watched it once and was wondering how I missed the Emperor, re-watched and did see him but noticed the laugh. Thought I was going nuts for a minute.

JJ Abrams has to cleanup the last guys mess.

- He killed Phasma too soon
- He killed Snoke too soon
- He gave Rose too many lines and scenes

and

- He said Rey was a nobody

I understand why TLJ upsets a huge swath of the fan base...I really do... but I still really enjoy watching it.

It's definitely not perfect but I find it to be the most entertaining of all the Star Wars films outside of the OT.

Ian did appear on stage at the panel and in his emperor voice said "Roll it again!"
Yeah, I think that removes any doubt, I hadn't heard that part until I read this thread.

I'm interested to see how he is incorporated, on the surface I'm not really liking it. At least not for what it means to the overall story arc. I really wish they would've established a new characters by the third movie so they didn't have to keep falling back the OT.

Yeah, I think that removes any doubt, I hadn't heard that part until I read this thread.

I'm interested to see how he is incorporated, on the surface I'm not really liking it. At least not for what it means to the overall story arc. I really wish they would've established a new characters by the third movie so they didn't have to keep falling back the OT.
It is the Skywalker trilogy so everything falls back on the original.

It is the Skywalker trilogy so everything falls back on the original.
This. I don't think people realize this is the end of that storyline in that universe. I've just read something that talks about JJ talking with Lucas about wrapping it up as it's a 9 episode arc. So this trilogy wasn't/isn't just wrapping up Rey and whatnot, it should be wrapping up the entire 9 episodes dealing with the Skywalkers.

I understand why TLJ upsets a huge swath of the fan base...I really do... but I still really enjoy watching it.

It's definitely not perfect but I find it to be the most entertaining of all the Star Wars films outside of the OT.
I for one am glad Rian Johnson shook things up. I would have been so upset if this trilogy was simply pandering to fans of the originals and mirrored Luke’s journey almost exactly.

I want Rey to be a no one. Like the boy with the broom, anyone can be force sensitive, you don’t need to be a Skywalker or a Palpatine, or a Kenobi.

I though Snoke was some weird joke and I am glad he was unceremoniously killed.

I like Rose and I don’t know why she gets so much hate. I’m so glad everyone at celebration showed her some love with a standing ovation. Kelly Marie is a sweetheart and deserves all the love.

I didn’t love how Phasma was handled, but she has a novel and comic to make up for it.

JJ Abrams has to cleanup the last guys mess.

- He killed Phasma too soon
- He killed Snoke too soon
- He gave Rose too many lines and scenes

and

- He said Rey was a nobody

To add:

-He killed Luke too soon IMO
-He should have killed Leia (either by Kylo in the final scene or she does the hyper space scene) but too late to change.
-He shouldn't have had Kylo smash that "ridiculous" mask.
-Let the past die, kill it. (they will move on with only the new characters)

He will make no changes to any of these UNLESS they think the 1% complainers have a point. And even then, why worry about 1%?

I like Rose and I don’t know why she gets so much hate. I’m so glad everyone at celebration showed her some love with a standing ovation. Kelly Marie is a sweetheart and deserves all the love.

Other than the very awkward ending scene with her and Finn when Finn was going to sacrifice himself...I agree. And the disgusting behavior of "fans" hating on Kelly Marie who was just playing a part.

Regarding the movie overall, I disliked much of it. To me, he decided to come into the 8th movie of a franchise, basically say "everything you know is wrong", and then leave some poor person to clean it all up for the final movie.

This. I don't think people realize this is the end of that storyline in that universe. I've just read something that talks about JJ talking with Lucas about wrapping it up as it's a 9 episode arc. So this trilogy wasn't/isn't just wrapping up Rey and whatnot, it should be wrapping up the entire 9 episodes dealing with the Skywalkers.
I understand that is what the expectation was, I just have never really liked the starting point of this trilogy. But it is different to finish the arc, and completely rehashing the original trilogy.

Dang I hear a possible idea (not from Disney at all) that had me at least thinking. And I've been harsh. It's a bit out there and maybe too weird but still, tied a lot together.

Can post the 15 min link if anybody wants to discuss under the "spoiler" tags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!