New Store in Downtown Disney

RweTHEREyet

DIS Veteran
There is a new store called Basin. I believe they have been open for about 3 weeks. They have all handmade soaps and some specialty items such as Bath Bombs, which are these large things that look like huge ping pong balls. The directions say "Drop Bath Bomb in bath water or jacuzzi. Soak and enjoy." The next time I have 1-bedroom, I know what whill be a staple on my shopping list.

They have other unusual things like Shampoo Bars.

I had very little time in there as I went in last thing before we were getting in the car to drive home, but there is also a website where you can order www.basin.com

I think this is a nice addition to the shops that are already at Downtown Disney. It is located between World of Disney and Ghiradelli.

Hi all.

We are just arrived from the Wolrd and the store is opened.

There are many funny things like soaps arranged like little paysages smelling all sort of fragrances, mega ping-pong balls for the bath, bath salts etc.

We seen also the two other stores, one for swimsuits and the new "Once upon a toy". The two are interesting

alexx.

They were open the last week in January. Everything smelled soooo good! I was tempted, but walked away without making a purchase.:(

I shopped at that store (Basin)!! Bought some of the bath bombs (fizzes)....and we enjoyed them so much (we had a 1 BR at BWV for first time and had the tub!)....I went back and bought more!! Little nervous about packing the bag that said "bomb" in my luggage! But, everything went thru airport a-okay!!!

Bummed that they are only at WDW, DL Anaheim and at Mall of America, but they do have the website!!

I also checked out the new Basin store on our last trip (February 2003). The bath bombs made great gifts! - will definitely go back. Tried a shampoo bar - kind of strange to get used to but I like it.

Leroy, was it like using a bar of soap on your head? I was very tempted to try one, but I didn't get one. Maybe next trip. I did get the hand lotion. I put some on before going to bed last night, and this morning when I woke up I could still smell it on my hands. I thought that was pretty impressive.

I hope this store does well. I would like to see some more specialty shops like this at DTD.

I bought the body butter last night - smells great, but not overpowering.

You can make your own candles as well, but I'm not sure if the smell lasts as well as a Yankee Candle so I've never tried one.

Thanks for posting the link. I checked out the website and the products are so different! Can't wait until I can plan my next trip. This will be on the list for early in the trip so that I can enjoy the bath bombs in the tub :)

From the website it looks a lot like the products that a line of stores out of England. It is named Lush - I LOVE their shampoo bars. I hope the Basin ones are as good!

Basin sounds great -- looking forward to it. I also heard there's a new Scrapbooking store at DTD -- Anybody been there? Do they have good stuff?

Tiggerjan

oooohhhh how great! Are the a nice hard milled soap? I've been able to find shampoo bars here in the states - but they are that mushy clear stuff.

That store is awesome.

My boyfriend spent almost $100 in there on gifts and stuff for himself. He is addicted to the body butter. He bought 2 containers because he was afraid he would run out;) . Good thing they have a website ......wouldn't want him to have a breakdown because he ran out....although maybe I won't tell him and we'll just have to take another trip down to get some more.;)

RweTHEREyet - I think the bar shampoo works great - now that I got the hang of it - you sort of lather it up in your hands first. You have to keep it dry in between uses - it will be a staple for trips and camping etc. Has anyone tried the blue swim bar?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter