New Swan vs Pop questions/comparisons

The PIN code you got gave you a big discount. I just did a disneyworld.com search for your dates and they're asking for $272 per night for Pop. I doubt they'll come out with anything better than your current deal unless COVID or the economy makes things much worse than they already are.

I imagine Priceline/Hotwire would have to do something for you if the hotel closed. However, if the hotel remained open, but conditions were such that you chose not to travel, then you'd be out of luck. I suggest you stick with your Pop reservation for now, but take a look at the price for an opaque booking at the Swan/Dolphin as you get near your travel date . . . assuming your wedding preparations permit you any time to do so.

Our wedding is actually in October, but due to my fiance's clinical schedule we can't take any time away for a vacation until the holidays. So at least the wedding planning will be all done soon and leave plenty of time to figure out what to do for the trip :) Here's hoping Swan incentivizes prices even more between now and then!

Dining options, location, and more adult feel win out at Swan/Dolphin. No Magical Express though so keep that in mind. Ability to walk to two parks is priceless though. Pop is serviceable for a family trip but isn’t exactly romantic or upscale for a honeymoon so if you can, treat yourself!

Just saw you’re driving so no ME needed, even better :)

I love the idea of walking to the parks and enjoying the boardwalk most nights! FH seems to be more on board with the idea of us splurging a little for this trip the more I tell him about what I've learned, so we'll just keep an eye out in the next couple of months to see just how things are figuring up. If we end up at Pop that will still be okay of course, but we'll just see what happens!

Thanks everybody!

I guarantee, it will be much better story to have on your 25th anniversary to remember staying at POP for your honeymoon to keep within budget . Hopefully savings will go to piggy bank to save for down payment on house. I love POP and hope you will bring window decorations that will make you happy and a loving memory.
Sorry to say but Swan & Dolphin just announced huge layoffs today. I would worry about their future shuffling guests around, etc!

I guarantee, it will be much better story to have on your 25th anniversary to remember staying at POP for your honeymoon to keep within budget . Hopefully savings will go to piggy bank to save for down payment on house. I love POP and hope you will bring window decorations that will make you happy and a loving memory.
Sorry to say but Swan & Dolphin just announced huge layoffs today. I would worry about their future shuffling guests around, etc!

Luckily we bought a house last year! But I do get your point :) We are actually now thinking about reducing our park days to 4 instead of 6, and doing a split stay so we can enjoy the savings at Pop but still have a couple nights treating ourselves to the amenities at Swan (and walking to the parks). Will definitely be paying close attention to reviews and reports in the coming weeks in light of all the layoffs, though.

Costco offers great packages for the Swan and Dolphin. (I have not checked since Covid though.) Maybe doing some comparison shopping via Costco will bring the prices of Swan and Pop a bit closer together. (You also get a Costco rebate card if you book through them.) Also maybe consider a split stay. I love Pop when traveling alone but agree with others that Pop is not Swan and Dolphin. However, your savings would certainly pay for two or three very nice table service meals. When I was young we never even considered going to WDW. Vacations were not something may family was able to afford. My first trip to WDW as a young 30 something was two-days with an off-site stay, with no park meals and one souvenir BUT our time was filled with so many still cherished special memories. Thirty plus years later we still enjoy WDW but with onsite stays, table service meals, tours each trip, and the ability to invite friends to join us. (We now own DVC.) Why do I share the latter??? No matter your choice I am sure this will be a most cherished memorable trip!! You will be with the love of your life. Enjoy and congratulations.

A split Pop / Swan sounds great. I love them both. Have done Swan with my wife a couple times and Pop when I'm solo.

The only thing I don't love about the Swan is that the lobby music is less timeless. That is not a very big complaint ;)

Assuming it's open, there's a grab and go sandwich/coffee place in the Dolphin where bottles of wine and such are much more reasonably priced than the Disney lobby stores.

Pop's a blast, you just have to accept the food court for what it is or take a walk to Art of Animation to eat sometimes.

Follow up to everyone's tips and advice - we've decided to splurge and go for Swan for the bulk of our honeymoon trip! I booked the refundable AAA rate juuust in case there are any wrenches thrown in our plans between now and Xmas, though I know there are better PL deals out there. Fiance is in school and if we get any snow days that need making up before then, we'll need to switch up our trip plans.

I'm still trying to figure out how to adjust our reservation for Pop to be one night only (our travel day will have us arriving so late it seems a waste of money to go anywhere fancier), but having trouble with MDE. What else is new? :)
When I try to reduce the date to just the first night it tells me there is no availability at Pop in the same type of room/rate we already have booked...is that an adjustment they could help me with if I call the hotel or guest services?

Follow up to everyone's tips and advice - we've decided to splurge and go for Swan for the bulk of our honeymoon trip! I booked the refundable AAA rate juuust in case there are any wrenches thrown in our plans between now and Xmas, though I know there are better PL deals out there. Fiance is in school and if we get any snow days that need making up before then, we'll need to switch up our trip plans.

I'm still trying to figure out how to adjust our reservation for Pop to be one night only (our travel day will have us arriving so late it seems a waste of money to go anywhere fancier), but having trouble with MDE. What else is new? :)
When I try to reduce the date to just the first night it tells me there is no availability at Pop in the same type of room/rate we already have booked...is that an adjustment they could help me with if I call the hotel or guest services?
They can totally help by calling! I had the same problem with a reservation last summer and it was no issue.

Enjoy your trip! I don’t think you will be disappointed in upgrading. My Dad told me 21 years ago to splurge on a honeymoon because you will have a hard time justifying the cost for a trip ever again. He was definitely right! We were broke after buying a house and a wedding, but we spent 4 nights at the GF in a honeymoon suite in the main building on the concierge floor. It was amazing and worth every penny!

We have stayed at the Swan many times (miss the government employee discounts now) and being in that area is so convenient!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter