I just had the rontoless ronto wrap (vegan) and it tasted sooo good! Almost like lamb. And I eat meat! Get that

Thanks to all the great advice, we were able to ride 3 times in 24 hours!!! 12:15am, 8:10am, 10;30pm. In line before park closed twice And first on the ride after opening. Our magic morning plan worked. Everyone rode Peter Pan together, then one stood in line at gate in fantasy land. Others rode space mountain then joined at front of the line. Lots of fun - not much sleep 😴

I know sabers are THE thing to build... but has anyone built a droid? What was your experience like on that?
We are doing our first trip since 2008 and are super excited for Star Wars! Hubby definitely is going to build a saber, but in the interest of saving some money I was thinking maybe I build a droid this time instead.

Thoughts?

My 11yo son built a droid over our holiday visit.

The experience is cool. It isn't as intimate as Savi's (where there are only 14 builders at a time), and there isn't as much of a "show" in that no one is addressing you or telling you history or anything. But it is still a cool experience - After you pay you tell them whether you're building an R Series or a BB Series droid, and they give you a basket which has a diagram telling you which parts you need. You're then given a station in front of a conveyor belt carrying all the parts, and you are able to select your pieces. You aren't rushed at all, so you can wait for the parts you want as far as colors and the like.

Once you have your parts, you tell the CM and they direct you to a build station, where you put your droid together. They have all the tools you need, as well as accent pieces available for you to use. Once your droid is all together, the CM helps you "activate" the droid, which is a fun little mini-show of sorts. Then they put your droid in a box with its remote and you're done (unless you want to buy additional decals/accessories/personality chips etc).

No regrets on our end. My son loves his droid and had a lot of fun walking around the land and listening to his droid interact with the environment (my older son bought him the backpack as an early birthday present).

My 11yo son built a droid over our holiday visit.

The experience is cool. It isn't as intimate as Savi's (where there are only 14 builders at a time), and there isn't as much of a "show" in that no one is addressing you or telling you history or anything. But it is still a cool experience - After you pay you tell them whether you're building an R Series or a BB Series droid, and they give you a basket which has a diagram telling you which parts you need. You're then given a station in front of a conveyor belt carrying all the parts, and you are able to select your pieces. You aren't rushed at all, so you can wait for the parts you want as far as colors and the like.

Once you have your parts, you tell the CM and they direct you to a build station, where you put your droid together. They have all the tools you need, as well as accent pieces available for you to use. Once your droid is all together, the CM helps you "activate" the droid, which is a fun little mini-show of sorts. Then they put your droid in a box with its remote and you're done (unless you want to buy additional decals/accessories/personality chips etc).

No regrets on our end. My son loves his droid and had a lot of fun walking around the land and listening to his droid interact with the environment (my older son bought him the backpack as an early birthday present).

Thank you for such a thorough response! What droid did your son end up building?

Thank you for such a thorough response! What droid did your son end up building?
He wound up going with an R Series. White and black. he named it R2-L4 and bought the black decal set to finish decorating it and a resistance personality chip (he had gift cards from Christmas to spend).

I build an R2 the first week it was open, sounds like it's a bit less chaotic now. I had fun picking out all the parts and building it, loved the space. It hasn't been out of its box since I built it. But building it was fun :)

I build an R2 the first week it was open, sounds like it's a bit less chaotic now. I had fun picking out all the parts and building it, loved the space. It hasn't been out of its box since I built it. But building it was fun :)

Did you find it worth the money?
Did you add in any chips and such?

My two girls both built R2 units. They also got one personality chip with it. My wife snuck back and got the little tool extension set, another personality chip and the backpacks. They received those as Christmas presents a week later. We are going to be using the backpacks this year (we are Flex AP holders now) so they can bring their droids with them to SWGE in future visits.

They both chose R2 units because they seem like they are a bit easier to drive than the BB units.

I know sabers are THE thing to build... but has anyone built a droid? What was your experience like on that?
We are doing our first trip since 2008 and are super excited for Star Wars! Hubby definitely is going to build a saber, but in the interest of saving some money I was thinking maybe I build a droid this time instead.

Thoughts?
I have one and love it. I chose the R style one because I heard prior to going that it is easier to use and doesn’t break apart. They are very fun to bring to the park. People always talk to me when I have it.
When you go in, you choose your colors, and then the CM’s can help you put it together. I didn’t realize how bad I was at using a screw driver until then lol.
Mine has the First Order chip, and I bought the backpack so it’s easier to carry. I also have the serving tray 😂
104D6340-B0B6-4FCB-8129-A1BB778876C2.jpeg

I bring it in the backpack, and keep it closed. I won’t do water rides or crazy thrill rides (ie incredicoaster, guardians). It’s fine on other rides
Good to know, although I don’t think we are getting a backpack. Hmmmmm. The bigger rides I’m thinking we might ride at MFSM, ROTR and maybe RSR.

Good to know, although I don’t think we are getting a backpack. Hmmmmm. The bigger rides I’m thinking we might ride at MFSM, ROTR and maybe RSR.
It should be fine on those. I bought my droid during the previews and they didn’t have the backpack. So it just came with me in the box on MFSR. It slid a little bit, so put it by your feet instead of your son’s.

I have one and love it. I chose the R style one because I heard prior to going that it is easier to use and doesn’t break apart. They are very fun to bring to the park. People always talk to me when I have it.
When you go in, you choose your colors, and then the CM’s can help you put it together. I didn’t realize how bad I was at using a screw driver until then lol.
Mine has the First Order chip, and I bought the backpack so it’s easier to carry. I also have the serving tray 😂
View attachment 465085

Well isn't that just the most adorable First Order droid ever?

Did you find it worth the money?
Did you add in any chips and such?

It was a lot of fun building and part of the whole opening hype experience. I added a Resistance chip and it did interact a little as we were walking around. I knew going in I would probably never use it. :)

Bring a tote bag for it. Way easier to deal with than the box it comes in. Although the rides are all used to accommodating those boxes, too.

The backpack is fun, though. And your AP discount works on it. Just to be an enabler and all...

My daughter’s is named R2-Izzy, and she is a beloved member of the family at this point - she has her name on her backpack and had Mickey ears at one point (until they got lost... maybe she needs a new set for ROTR, come to think of it...)

Anyway, she comes to the parks quite a bit, but she also get a lot of play at home when kids come to visit - they love driving her around and making her beep. She lives out in our main living area, which helps her avoid being forgotten. She’s a sturdy little thing because she’s been crashed quite a bit, but other than some dings in her plastic, she is just fine.

She does have a Resistance chip now, but she didn’t originally. I kinda liked how she sounded without one, tbh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter