New SWGE Superthread! Now Open to All! (6/24/2019)

When do you think they will they add FP to SWGE?

• Summer 2020

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Fall 2020

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Winter 2020

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • 2021+

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • Never

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

Kender

DIS Veteran
What are the blasters? I feel like we're going to need some of those ….
There's also a jet pack!

The blasters attach to the side legs (you have to remove the side paneling on the leg to do so) and there's a button on the controller to make them go "pew pew!". Traditional blaster noise, but I like to still pretend it's a nice high pitched "pew pew" noise when I harass my cat :rotfl: . They don't move sadly, you have to aim them to begin with, but the ends do light up and blaster noise, of course.

Oh! Another tip I wish I'd realized before I built! You can buy additional colors of the paneling pieces for the R units. If I had been smart, I'd have gotten the 4 panel pieces that are part of the build process in white so I could buy the black set and replace the compartment doors to black (and therefore have a full set of white and full set of black).

I ended up forgoing it for now because I'd have 4 in black of the same pieces when I only need the 4 compartment doors. I'll probably pick it up my next trip knowing me lol

Why does the final price on this $100 droid keep inching higher? :rotfl:
Sorry! I'm an enabler! I really do think the backpack is a worthwhile up front investment, though. And the other stuff can be added later. You know, like maybe a good behavior reward or something :cool1:

For real, though, I brought my droid to work today and had so much fun having him roll around and greet everyone. They really are super fun toys :)

Reactions: EmJ

• Save up to 25% in Early 2020!
    Visit the Disneyland Resort in early 2020 and save up to 25% on a stay at the Disneyland Resort Hotels.
    This offer must be booked by 03/14/20, with travel completed by 04/17/20. This offer is good most nights 01/05/20 to 04/16/20!
    Click Here for Details

• rstevens333

Baby Monorail
    My wife is in DL today to try and get her Colonel rank. Does anyone know if it's possible for a single person to watch the lightsaber ceremony without getting one?

• Peachy0118

Earning My Ears
    The backpack is honestly worth it I think. Made it a lot easier (and safer) to tote around my little friend.

I took him on Space no issue. The box is a huge pain (although note that battery instructions are on the bottom of the box; I made sure to still get the box and then put my droid in the backpack after I stepped away from the Depot). Plus for return visits it makes life much easier having the backpack :)

I'm not that thrilled with my personality chip, but I do not regret getting the backpack or the blasters.
    Oooh good tip! Thank you!
    Hubby just said, at this point, just buy the backpack.
    Lol

• LizzyS

DIS Veteran
    Do CMs guide you through the droid-making process? I really should watch a video before I try this next month, lol.

On the backpack- are there any attractions that are difficult to take it on with the droid inside and is there room for anything other than the droid in the backpack?

I have a small loungefly backpack I'm using next trip for the first time and I'm not sure I want to juggle both with my husband, haha.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates