Just to close it out, flew with them on United.

Removed blade from hilt, placed blade in black saber carry case, placed blade + carry case in large suitcase diagonally with other items (clothes), had hilts in separate carry on.

Carry on was checked by TSA manually. They disassembled one hilt (but mostly because I think they were geeking out... three of them were there).

No issues with Droid as a carry on for DD. Placed in overhead bin on full flight.

We were in Disneyland in December and they shipped multiple items to our house. I was wondering if Disney will do the same thing with the Saber’s?

A few more adds

No Disney Visa discount on sabers. Worked elsewhere.

No package to hotel for light sabers (but wouldnt have anyway since we had 8-midnight slot and its SOO fun to have them out/take pics at night.)

I can't wait! I will be visiting DL next month!

If you get a reservation for Oga's do you need to join a boarding group to be able to stay in the land?

Or do they automatically put you in a boarding group around the time of your ressies at Oga's?

Thanks!

Could someone explain clearly about the boarding groups, their limitations and other things? :headache:

Could someone explain clearly about the boarding groups, their limitations and other things? :headache:
If SWGE is at capacity Boarding Groups will be enabled. No boarding group or reservation for Savi or Oga then no SWGE entry for you. Get a group number at a FP kiosk or on the app. Groups are allowed in by number, you have 2 hours to enter SWGE when your boarding group is called by notice on the app or on boards around the park. Stay as long as you want once you get in.

If SWGE Status is “open” you don’t need a boarding pass.

:thanks: :thanks:
If SWGE is at capacity Boarding Groups will be enabled. No boarding group or reservation for Savi or Oga then no SWGE entry for you. Get a group number at a FP kiosk or on the app. Groups are allowed in by number, you have 2 hours to enter SWGE when your boarding group is called by notice on the app or on boards around the park. Stay as long as you want once you get in.

If SWGE Status is “open” you don’t need a boarding pass.

How much of a motion ride like Star Tours is the new ride? I am fine to take the "chicken exit" after waiting with my family but my son really wants me to ride with them. I can't do Mission Space in Epcot (due to the straps and extremely small podlike structure along with motion sickness). I can't do Star Tours but Flights of Passage in Animal Kingdom is fine for the most part. I just want to know what I am up against before I make my decision and I can't seem to find a lot about the motion part of the ride. Thanks!

How much of a motion ride like Star Tours is the new ride? I am fine to take the "chicken exit" after waiting with my family but my son really wants me to ride with them. I can't do Mission Space in Epcot (due to the straps and extremely small podlike structure along with motion sickness). I can't do Star Tours but Flights of Passage in Animal Kingdom is fine for the most part. I just want to know what I am up against before I make my decision and I can't seem to find a lot about the motion part of the ride. Thanks!
I didn't do well on my one ride as pilot. But, I went right after leaving Oga's with 2 drinks in me. Some say the Engineer position is better for motion.

I posted this in some other threads as well... I think I am going to write an article about this but wanted to post some thoughts after tonights news and the first non-reservation day.

SWGE is a hit thematically, and from a theme park innovation standpoint. Now people are beginning to question the popularity of the land and what that means going forward. In my opinion Disneyland did an amazing job opening SWGE. The CM previews, to media days, and then reservations. It gave locals and hotel guests a "lower" crowd option to see the land and gave Disneyland management/ops some room to test and adjust. We saw several changes throughout that reservation period and even during day 1 of non-reservations we saw changes and tomorrow will bring more changes.

I do not think because of the low crowds that SWGE is not a success. Disney doesn't seem to be thrilled with the low crowds at the moment though with the lifting of CM blockouts. SoCal APs Deluxe and lower are still blocked out as well. No word if there will be any lifts there. It was also a Monday. Will the weekend be the same? We shall see of course. The virtual queue when in use worked extremely well too. I believe many just stayed away from DL today in anticipation of crowds. We shall see if that continues.

As for Walt Disney World. I imagine they were watching this today. WDW isn't the same demographic as DL. I do wonder though if they will implement the virtual queue after watching this. WDW Management doesn't always see things the same and may think its not needed. Hopefully they still have it in case it is needed. It would make everything so much more manageable.

The other point brought up is are people waiting to go to WDW? Are people waiting for ROTR to open? Definitely some are. Is that a huge amount though to make up the crowd difference we expected? We don't really know. The CM pass lifts are telling. I think Disney definitely expected bigger crowds. One more piece not as talked about but is pricing also getting to people? Park ticket, hotel, food, and then of course the Star Wars merch is not cheap. So are people just not going? More data we don't have.

Either way the days going forward will be something to watch.

Someone mentioned in the other thread getting pilot as a single rider. Did they assign it to you after you waited in the Single Rider line? It’s just going to kill me if I go by myself and can’t get pilot.

And speaking of single rider, how have waits been for that today? I assume they haven’t been too bad since regular wait times haven’t been too bad?

I personally found it less sickness-inducing than Star Tours, maybe because it’s not in 3-D? However, the ride vehicle is much smaller, so if you are claustrophobic that might be an issue. It’s not tight quarters like the Nemo subs, but definitely more like an actual shop cockpit than Star Tours.

Can anyone chime in on how long it takes to get on MFSR using the Single Rider line from certain landmarks along the way? For example, from the point where you can choose one of two stairwells?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter