One more piece not as talked about but is pricing also getting to people? Park ticket, hotel, food, and then of course the Star Wars merch is not cheap. So are people just not going? More data we don't have.
This is what I am wondering. In years past, their increases never deterred crowds. Well maybe now the prices are actually keeping people away.

This is what I am wondering. In years past, their increases never deterred crowds. Well maybe now the prices are actually keeping people away.
I had some extra spots on my reservation on Sunday and I couldn’t get any takers. Part was due to the cost ($149 for a one-park ticket). A few people were learning toward yes until I dropped that price and they said nah...

I had some extra spots on my reservation on Sunday and I couldn’t get any takers. Part was due to the cost ($149 for a one-park ticket). A few people were learning toward yes until I dropped that price and they said nah...
Yep! My aunt only did one day one park due to cost. She only came for Star Wars and didn't want to do anything extra. She actually didn't even want to stay all day. We made one stop on Main Street around 2:30 so I could buy a purse, then we left for the day.

I think they are. Disney vets are even beginning to get fed up with the prices (see people who let their APs go this year), they went this Spring with the deals and/or are waiting until the hoopla blows over to get better bang for their buck. And then SWGE fans with only a passing interest in Disney very well could have looked at Disney prices and went “WHAT?! And the main ride is apparently not even up yet? Heck no!” Maybe the Mouse House doesn’t have the pricing power they think they do...

Last edited:

Someone mentioned in the other thread getting pilot as a single rider. Did they assign it to you after you waited in the Single Rider line? It’s just going to kill me if I go by myself and can’t get pilot.
It is possible to get pilot as a single rider. You might just get it, you can ask for it, or you can trade for it. If the SR line is moving pretty quickly, you might be able to ride a few times in a row and get all 3 positions that way.

This question got lost in the other thread. For the droids, what areas does it interact with best? I noticed mine moved around the ride, market, and another droid. How do I get it to react more? Mine doesn't have any of the personality chips in it. I'm going next week and want to walk around with it some more. It's fun to watch lol.

Has any parents with picky eaters eaten at docking bay yet? The only thing my kiddo will eat is mac and cheese and I’m wondering if I can just order a few of those separately.

Someone mentioned in the other thread getting pilot as a single rider. Did they assign it to you after you waited in the Single Rider line? It’s just going to kill me if I go by myself and can’t get pilot.
I said that. They had a group of 5 in there, I walked into single rider line. The CM had already given 5 of the cards out. He handed me the last one. It was pilot. It's really up to the cm how he hands them out. Maybe they put in order, maybe he shuffles or does it backwards. You may go single rider and not get pilot. I wouldn't count on it. It's a fun ride no matter what, IMHO.

After a snafu with the old Superthread, here is a fresh new one. Post away, DISers! (Working on the old one... we'll see what happens -- keep your fingers crossed!)

Bummer! It would be great if this one started with all of today's posts reporting on Day 1 of non-reservation SWGE happenings.

... Either way the days going forward will be something to watch.

I think hands down the #1 reason the crowds were so low today is the AP block outs for Deluxe and So Cal. #2 would be fear of crazy crowds keeping vacationers away.

When DH and I were considering converting our 5-day passes from our Christmas trip into APs, I argued that we shouldn't because "this will be the year they're opening Star Wars Land and it will be insane - we should wait for the crowds to die down first". I'm sure there were plenty of other people convinced it was going to be just crazy. And why not? Pandora. Hagrid's 14 hour line.

By the time Deluxe & So Cal can get in, so many people that wanted to have already done so, so I don't see a mad crush happening then either. At this point it looks like it will just end up being an extended roll out period. Personally, I'm thrilled!

Because today was so great crowd-wise, and she has the day off work, my older DD and I are going tomorrow. She's been once at night. She wants to see it during the day and also see Oga's (the one thing she didn't see when she went). The weather will be perfect too! Not too hot. 😊 Crowd-wise, I expect tomorrow will be much like today!

I was really surprised to see the land open without needing a boarding pass around 4:30pm today on Day 1 and stay open (to my knowledge) for the rest of the day. At 11pm the wait time for MFSR showed as 15 minutes. Wow. Who would have guessed that?!

WDW will not have a virtual queue... no way. Everyday is someone's only day at Hollywood Studios and with the crowds expected, they cannot tell a tourist who spent 8k for his family that the land is too crowded for them to enter. Everyone is on a schedule in Orlando, so implementing a virtual queue will not happen. It will be a free for all, average 240 min wait time, cuz again, unlike DLand, tourists visiting WDW is their once in a lifetime trip, every single day.

How much of a motion ride like Star Tours is the new ride? I am fine to take the "chicken exit" after waiting with my family but my son really wants me to ride with them. I can't do Mission Space in Epcot (due to the straps and extremely small podlike structure along with motion sickness). I can't do Star Tours but Flights of Passage in Animal Kingdom is fine for the most part. I just want to know what I am up against before I make my decision and I can't seem to find a lot about the motion part of the ride. Thanks!
I have to avoid all coaster type rides. I rode this millennium falcon ride three times in a row without any problems at all. It moves a bit but a lot depends on those in the pilot role. I found it to be easier than Star Tours. I’d suggest You try it. If it the gunner spot you can go on automatic and not worry about pushing the buttons. If an engineer, you are farthest from the screen and that might be good too, not so many buttons to push there, avoid the pilot spot as you’d have to watch the screen to drive the spaceship

Has any parents with picky eaters eaten at docking bay yet? The only thing my kiddo will eat is mac and cheese and I’m wondering if I can just order a few of those separately.

Docking Bay is rough for picky eaters (including myself :crazy2:)! My youngest ordered the Mac n’ cheese which came with a chunk of fried chicken. She ate everything without complaining except the vegetables....

I think they are. Disney vets are even beginning to get fed up with the prices (see people who let their APs go this year), they went this Spring with the deals and/or are waiting until the hoopla blows over to get better bang for their buck. And then SWGE fans with only a passing interest in Disney very well could have looked at Disney prices and went “WHAT?! And the main ride is apparently not even up yet? Heck no!” Maybe the Mouse House doesn’t have the pricing power they think they do...
I think we are seeing early recession signs. RV sales are down for the first time since the recovery this year. My husband is a retail district manager and sales are down year on year. Vegas visitor numbers are down. In our area housing prices are slowly dropping. This just adds to my suspicions.

Also any hardcore Star Wars fans are going to wait for the entire land to be open. We come every year or two so it’s disappointing but not a huge deal. If we were just coming for Star Wars land we’d absolutely wait. The silver lining of the delay is it will make it easier to convince DH we need to go back sooner once it opens. But, had we not rented vacation points and planned to bring the in-laws we likely would have delayed until the spring too.

Last edited:
WDW will not have a virtual queue... no way. Everyday is someone's only day at Hollywood Studios and with the crowds expected, they cannot tell a tourist who spent 8k for his family that the land is too crowded for them to enter. Everyone is on a schedule in Orlando, so implementing a virtual queue will not happen. It will be a free for all, average 240 min wait time, cuz again, unlike DLand, tourists visiting WDW is their once in a lifetime trip, every single day.
Sure they can. Disney has emphasized in marketing for the DHS version that capacity is limited. You have to have some sort of limit for safety.

Sure they can. Disney has emphasized in marketing for the DHS version that capacity is limited. You have to have some sort of limit for safety.
I agree I see the virtual line as a definite possibility there. There are simply too many people with potential access and, especially with just one ride, there is only so much space in the new land. If your return window conflicts with later plans that’s your problem, not Disney’s.

Lots of people visit Disneyland for that once in a lifetime trip, WDW doesn’t have a monopoly on that. Nor does WDW have a monopoly on being super expensive lol.

I think the fear of massive crowds caused out of town visitors to avoid booking this Summer. Also most annual pass holders are blocked. This fall Will see the massive crowds return

I was a single rider when I rode it last week. Once through the single rider line and once through the regular line. I was the engineer on the left side both times. I really enjoyed the ride but the first time I found myself so worried about pushing my 15 buttons that I really didn't see what was going on. The second time I rode I just left the buttons on automatic and then I really enjoyed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter