That would have been very helpful, but alas, our server never said anything like that when we ordered the drink.

When we were there, it was a little hit-or-miss. The first CM that checked us in (the one with the tablet walking the line), didn't mention anything about requesting a table. The second CM with another tablet (also walking the line) asked us if we'd checked in and mentioned that we would request a table if we wanted to. However, she said that could mean up to an hour additional wait depending on how many groups ahead of us needed or requested a table. She didn't have access to that information, but she could note the request on the check-in. We got lucky and it didn't add to our wait time (beyond the wait in the line), but I could see where it might end up adding time if the timing isn't right.

Regarding the jell-o dish, I think if he had too, it could be eaten without needing the table. It's basically a wider, flatter version of a jell-o cup (maybe about 3.5 to 4 inches wide). It's small enough that either you or he could hold it in your hand while eating it. A table would be better, but it's pretty easy to pick-up/hold if needed.
image007_zpsaqcwd2ky.jpg
Thanks! Problem solved, lol. For sure my son will not eat that, as he will complain that it has “nuts” (anything he cannot immediately identify mixed on or in anything else 🙄). What I need is apple juice in a Porg cup, haha. Methinks that The Boy and I might just make a quick run through Ogas and let DH linger to enjoy his drink.

Not sure if this has been discussed or I can post it. Looks like a lot was cut due to budgets

https://www.micechat.com/233418-miceage-disneyland-rumor-update-promising-the-moon/
Looks like they were going to have:

Peoplemover-type ride
Dinner theater
stunt show and street performers
Interesting read! Can anyone more in the know tell me what TDA and WDI stand for? From context, I gather they both mean Big Wig Corporate Hoo-Hahs, but I’m guessing there are other names too 😂

After planning a group trip ever since SWGE was announced with the main focus of going just for this land- we finally went and just returned! I go to Disneyland all the time but we traveled for this trip with first timers that are hardcore Star Wars fans.

Here’s my thoughts on everything if anyone cares to read them.

Oga’s Cantina: I felt this lived up to the hype. It was an amazing experience. DJ Rex is one of my absolute favorite parts of the land. I was surprised at how strong the drinks were but for the price, I guess that’s good! I also really enjoyed the frozen blue milk. My nine year old loved it and was having a good time jamming out. He’s also a bit laidback for his age because we travel so often so he enjoyed it- wasn’t bored at all. They didn’t ask for ID for anyone in our group which surprised me. But I suppose now that I’m 32 it’s time to accept the fact I can’t pass for young anymore! I just figured that at Disney they’d be extra cautious so it surprised me. Our bars here in Colorado card you no matter how old you look!

Falcon: The first time we rode I was the pilot and I got to do the jump to light speed. This was like a spiritual experience for me as a huge Star Wars fan since I was a kid and I cried. That being said, it was definitely my favorite role even though I was terrible at it. Engineer was surprisingly fun, it was nice to be in the back and get the whole view. Gunner was my least favorite, I felt like it was just pushing the same button again and again. We had a group of six so we rode three times to make sure we all got to do each position. I think having the whole thing to ourselves definitely made it more fun- we felt free to scream, yell, whoop, and cry with abandon. I wish they would allow more time to explore the inside before the ride starts. We barely had time to snap pictures before they moved us into the cockpit.

Food: We all loved everything we tried at Oga’s. We ate at Docking Bay and it was just ‘meh’ for our group. I’m a vegetarian and the weird tofu meatball/hummus option was gross with weird flavors I’m just too picky to enjoy. I was able to order my picky son (runs in the family ha!) sides of mac and cheese with no issue which I appreciated. The others in our group tried everything else and compared it to cafeteria food. They didn’t get a chance to try the Ronto wraps or green milk. Everyone liked the blue milk and popcorn.

Savi’s Workshop and Droid Depot: We planned this out to do droids first for the two kids in our group followed immediately with lightsabers for the adults. This worked well to curb any ‘but I want one too!’ complaints as they had the droid to hold at Savi’s. Droid building was great- my son loved to build and he did it all with no help. We’d definitely do this again because now I want one! Had no issues with the online reservation or checking in for it. Glad I follow these boards so close so I wasn’t surprised to see they were out of personality chips and the backpacks and was prepared.
Savi’s Workshop was amazing. Our group was pretty quick to build ours because we’ve all been planning these lightsabers for months so we felt we had more than enough time. The experience itself was moving and immersive. The only thing that went wrong is when it was time to light up the sabers, they didn’t turn my blade in all the way so it wasn’t lit for ~that~ moment. It happens and they showed me how to fix it as soon as they saw but still was a bummer. Either way, I felt it was worth it. We went and took a gazallion pictures with them (we planned it to build at night so they’d glow better) and the PhotoPass photographer was great. He spent a ton of time with us and we got great pictures. Aside from him, our other experiences with the PhotoPass people in SWGE was not good at all. The photographers themselves (four others we used over the few days) were curt and rude- which really shocked me because we always do tons of PhotoPass photos and have always had nice folks. My son and I wanted a magic shot with a porg so bad (especially with them being sold out of the porg puppets 😭) so we went to every single one trying to find them on the last day. They told me the ‘magic’ is by the resistance so we walked over there and the guy was also rushed and curt just quickly nodding at my magic shot question and posing us. After I asked if we got one with a porg and he said ‘there’s a magic shot in there’ so I gave up. We got the x-wings in the background but not the porg. Oh well! And each time there was hardly a line behind us so I didn’t get the attitudes. Perhaps they’re strapped for photographers and they’re working them too hard over there? It was odd. We stayed friendly regardless because you never know what’s happening behind the scenes.

As a group of hardcore Star Wars fans, we loved the land. We spent hours looking at all the details and taking it all in. I was definitely one of those people that cried when I saw the falcon. I don’t get the negativity about the focus on the new movies... if you take the time to drink in the Easter eggs you’ll see that the focus is really on the saga and a testament to the films Lucas gave us.

But on the flip side, I can also get how the mild fan wouldn’t spend long in this land with only one ride open right now. And with the droids and lightsaber, for most people those are pretty one and done moments. As for my lightsaber, I found a cool wall mount on Amazon and she’s going up on my wall. 🤗We had no issues flying with it which was great. I can’t wait to go back!!

Attachments

• 34A50D32-1F27-4284-9F5F-C91BC68BA427.jpeg
    34A50D32-1F27-4284-9F5F-C91BC68BA427.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 33
  • EB40BE4D-89D1-4CD5-BACA-DA28D595811B.jpeg
    EB40BE4D-89D1-4CD5-BACA-DA28D595811B.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 68364F54-6329-45E3-AB38-ED2BCF1FCA47.jpeg
    68364F54-6329-45E3-AB38-ED2BCF1FCA47.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 4E454049-A85D-4A12-BFF2-688E03630160.jpeg
    4E454049-A85D-4A12-BFF2-688E03630160.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

If I want to watch the fireworks by the Millennium Falcon, do I have to claim a spot early? I heard CMs put tape on the floor or something to that effect to mark where people can stand to watch the fireworks. How early in the evening do they do this? Thanks.

We were wandering aimlessly around the land Monday night and when we heard them go off we rushed over to the Falcon and were easily able to slide into one of those taped off spots with our party of six. People don’t seem to stay for the whole show from what I saw. Lots of people near us were just hanging out for a few minutes to snap a picture and then moving on.

Are we allowed to make dining reservations for other people and not be there?..
This should be fine as long as your friends check in under your name. If they have the email confirmation on their phone/s, just in case, that might help. No one has every asked to see our email confirmation, but I always have it for the confirmation number in case someone finally does ask.

After planning a group trip ever since SWGE was announced with the main focus of going just for this land- we finally went and just returned! I go to Disneyland all the time but we traveled for this trip with first timers that are hardcore Star Wars fans.

Here’s my thoughts on everything if anyone cares to read them.

Oga’s Cantina: I felt this lived up to the hype. It was an amazing experience. DJ Rex is one of my absolute favorite parts of the land. I was surprised at how strong the drinks were but for the price, I guess that’s good! I also really enjoyed the frozen blue milk. My nine year old loved it and was having a good time jamming out. He’s also a bit laidback for his age because we travel so often so he enjoyed it- wasn’t bored at all. They didn’t ask for ID for anyone in our group which surprised me. But I suppose now that I’m 32 it’s time to accept the fact I can’t pass for young anymore! I just figured that at Disney they’d be extra cautious so it surprised me. Our bars here in Colorado card you no matter how old you look!

Falcon: The first time we rode I was the pilot and I got to do the jump to light speed. This was like a spiritual experience for me as a huge Star Wars fan since I was a kid and I cried. That being said, it was definitely my favorite role even though I was terrible at it. Engineer was surprisingly fun, it was nice to be in the back and get the whole view. Gunner was my least favorite, I felt like it was just pushing the same button again and again. We had a group of six so we rode three times to make sure we all got to do each position. I think having the whole thing to ourselves definitely made it more fun- we felt free to scream, yell, whoop, and cry with abandon. I wish they would allow more time to explore the inside before the ride starts. We barely had time to snap pictures before they moved us into the cockpit.

Food: We all loved everything we tried at Oga’s. We ate at Docking Bay and it was just ‘meh’ for our group. I’m a vegetarian and the weird tofu meatball/hummus option was gross with weird flavors I’m just too picky to enjoy. I was able to order my picky son (runs in the family ha!) sides of mac and cheese with no issue which I appreciated. The others in our group tried everything else and compared it to cafeteria food. They didn’t get a chance to try the Ronto wraps or green milk. Everyone liked the blue milk and popcorn.

Savi’s Workshop and Droid Depot: We planned this out to do droids first for the two kids in our group followed immediately with lightsabers for the adults. This worked well to curb any ‘but I want one too!’ complaints as they had the droid to hold at Savi’s. Droid building was great- my son loved to build and he did it all with no help. We’d definitely do this again because now I want one! Had no issues with the online reservation or checking in for it. Glad I follow these boards so close so I wasn’t surprised to see they were out of personality chips and the backpacks and was prepared.
Savi’s Workshop was amazing. Our group was pretty quick to build ours because we’ve all been planning these lightsabers for months so we felt we had more than enough time. The experience itself was moving and immersive. The only thing that went wrong is when it was time to light up the sabers, they didn’t turn my blade in all the way so it wasn’t lit for ~that~ moment. It happens and they showed me how to fix it as soon as they saw but still was a bummer. Either way, I felt it was worth it. We went and took a gazallion pictures with them (we planned it to build at night so they’d glow better) and the PhotoPass photographer was great. He spent a ton of time with us and we got great pictures. Aside from him, our other experiences with the PhotoPass people in SWGE was not good at all. The photographers themselves (four others we used over the few days) were curt and rude- which really shocked me because we always do tons of PhotoPass photos and have always had nice folks. My son and I wanted a magic shot with a porg so bad (especially with them being sold out of the porg puppets 😭) so we went to every single one trying to find them on the last day. They told me the ‘magic’ is by the resistance so we walked over there and the guy was also rushed and curt just quickly nodding at my magic shot question and posing us. After I asked if we got one with a porg and he said ‘there’s a magic shot in there’ so I gave up. We got the x-wings in the background but not the porg. Oh well! And each time there was hardly a line behind us so I didn’t get the attitudes. Perhaps they’re strapped for photographers and they’re working them too hard over there? It was odd. We stayed friendly regardless because you never know what’s happening behind the scenes.

As a group of hardcore Star Wars fans, we loved the land. We spent hours looking at all the details and taking it all in. I was definitely one of those people that cried when I saw the falcon. I don’t get the negativity about the focus on the new movies... if you take the time to drink in the Easter eggs you’ll see that the focus is really on the saga and a testament to the films Lucas gave us.

But on the flip side, I can also get how the mild fan wouldn’t spend long in this land with only one ride open right now. And with the droids and lightsaber, for most people those are pretty one and done moments. As for my lightsaber, I found a cool wall mount on Amazon and she’s going up on my wall. 🤗We had no issues flying with it which was great. I can’t wait to go back!!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Would you happen to have a link handy for the saber mount on Amazon?

For those that have sent merchandise from the First Order shop to the Esplanade for pick up later in the day, where is the merch sent and do they tell you a time that it will be available for pick up? I may consider doing this after all if (yeah right, WHEN) I buy a saber (or two).

Is there a special place in the FO shop that provides this service or do you see a cashier?

TIA!

YYST Clear Light Saber Wall Mount Wall Rack Wall Holder - Hardware Included. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F58LXFP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_4pzvDb2SXQ4YK

I haven’t gotten it yet, it arrives tomorrow, so I can’t speak much to the quality but the cheap price and the positive reviews from folks who bought it just for Savi lightsabers is what sold me on it!
Would you mind following up here with a "recommend" or "don't recommend" once the holder arrives? :flower1:Please and thank you!

So....

I have been MIA recently and not keeping up on the DIS. Busy summer for me. I am flying to DLR as we speak and hitting SWGE tomorrow (Saturday the 17th). Was surprised to see Boarding Groups being discontinued. Is that official now, or just happening soon? If already, is SWGE getting slammed at RD? I read back a few pages on this thread and was not able to see any touring advice from recent visitors.

I am solo at SWGE Saturday so can use SR at MFSR, then I am headed to San Diego Sunday. Coming back later next week after DAP blockout lifts and will be with DS24 on Thursday to see SWGE. I will have things scoped out by then. Any advice or links to PPs for tomorrow/Saturday are appreciated.

I also have an Oga's res for tomorrow at 4:30 so that will get me in as well, plus an Oga's for me and DS24 next week.

Thanks!

:wizard:

So....

I have been MIA recently and not keeping up on the DIS. Busy summer for me. I am flying to DLR as we speak and hitting SWGE tomorrow (Saturday the 17th). Was surprised to see Boarding Groups being discontinued. Is that official now, or just happening soon? If already, is SWGE getting slammed at RD? I read back a few pages on this thread and was not able to see any touring advice from recent visitors.

I am solo at SWGE Saturday so can use SR at MFSR, then I am headed to San Diego Sunday. Coming back later next week after DAP blockout lifts and will be with DS24 on Thursday to see SWGE. I will have things scoped out by then. Any advice or links to PPs for tomorrow/Saturday are appreciated.

I also have an Oga's res for tomorrow at 4:30 so that will get me in as well, plus an Oga's for me and DS24 next week.

Thanks!

Don’t do MFSR at rope drop. The line is longest before noon. It’s shorter later in the day. It’s very short at night after fireworks. Single rider line is good. Shortest I have waited is 13 minutes (line was below the stairs). Longest I waited was 40 minutes (line was also below the stairs). So it just depends. Not sure how the single rider line varies during the day.

For the cantina, be aware that you check in right at your reservation time but will still wait in line to get in.

So....

Thanks!

The boarding groups haven't been necessary. They used them for a few hours on June 24, and haven't used them since.

The ride is definitely busiest when the park opens - it jumps up to 120 minutes pretty much daily, then usually regulates to 60 minutes or less by mid-afternoon and into the evening. Anything from 45 to 75 minutes is "typical," and then it sometimes drops to like 30 minutes... the posted wait time isn't super-reliable, either. Last night we jumped in because it said 35 minutes, but we waited almost 55. I've also gotten in at 45 and waited about 60. Others have reported getting in at 75 and only waiting 45. It does move along nicely, though, since there's no FP to slow things down.

I haven't rope-dropped Disneyland itself on a MM day since SWGE opened, so I'm not sure of the best strategy for the morning on a MM day. The last few Saturdays at the parks have been quite crowded (in contrast to weekdays - yesterday was pretty darn empty, for instance), so I'm not sure if that will carry forward for tomorrow or not. On non-MM days, we've been hitting Fantasyland at rope drop and knocking out a TON since it's deserted.

In terms of SWGE itself, just beware that a 4:30 Oga's rez may have you standing in the sun for up to 30 minutes after you check in. The blue milk is considered to be better than the green. Ronto's Roaster wrap things are good! Docking Bay 7 food is a mixed bag. The character interactions can be pretty stellar if you can track down a character. Have a bazillion phone chargers ready if you're going to do the PlayDisney app; it kills batteries.

My favorite time of day in the land is twilight - the lighting is GORGEOUS. You can watch fireworks over the MF, but there's no music or anything.

Enjoy!

Welcome back HydroGuy!

They announced the Boarding Groups and then used them briefly on the first day when the land was open to the general public (after the reservation period ended). Since then, they haven't needed to use them. As far as I can tell, the ability to use them is still in the Disneyland App and there is some guessing that they might be needed once all of the AP blockouts end. So, it's kind of a "wait and see" type of thing at this point.

I've had mixed luck with the SRL; it really depends on how long the SRL is and how long the standby line is as well. This won't make much sense until after you've used the SRL once, but if the line is backed up into the corridor before the split, you're probably looking at a 45+ minute wait (including ride time). The biggest drawback to the SRL is that you'll miss the entire pre-show with Hondo. The second drawback is that you're highly unlikely to end up being a pilot. For all six rides I did a few weekends ago, the CM were handing out the positions in order (2 pilots, 2 gunners, and 2 engineers). Being in the standby doesn't mean you'll be a pilot (they are not accepting requests), but at least you might have a chance if the timing works out for you (i.e., you're the first two people in your group).

Oga's was fun and it's pretty lively. Note that after you check-in, you'll still probably have to wait in line to be seated (kind of think like the old Cove Bar system where you checked-in and then waited in line to be seated - Oga's moves faster, but similar concept/idea). The line (like much of SW:GE) doesn't have much shade, so it can kind of toasty while your waiting.

When I was there, only the Critter Country entrance was open first thing in the morning. You had to have a reservation for Savi's or Oga's to use the other two entrances. Later in the morning all three entrances were open. So, if you do plan to head straight to SW:GE at park opening, head towards Critter Country.

Depending on the weather, I'd either plan to visit SW:GE in the morning or in the evening. There isn't much shade in the land, so it gets pretty toasty.

If you're going to try the Datapad App, be sure to have a spare battery for your phone. It eats through the battery. It's something fun to do if you don't mind walking all over SW:GE and if you have time.

The second drawback is that you're highly unlikely to end up being a pilot. For all six rides I did a few weekends ago, the CM were handing out the positions in order (2 pilots, 2 gunners, and 2 engineers). Being in the standby doesn't mean you'll be a pilot (they are not accepting requests), but at least you might have a chance if the timing works out for you (i.e., you're the first two people in your group).
I’ve ridden frequently as a group of two, and even then, you’re almost always “filling in” someone else’s crew, so it’s hard to get pilot that way, too - I’ve been an Engineer more than the other two positions put together, and almost every time I’ve been a pilot or with someone who got pilot, we’ve been a group of 4+. It could happen, but I don’t know if it’d be worth waiting in a longer line for the increased chance.

Also, jinx, a few times, for the rest of your post - we must have been typing at the same time. 😉

Thanks for the tips everyone! 👍 I am doing MM tomorrow with my PH ticket then converting to DAP late morning.

LOL my flight from CO to LAX was right during the D23 Expo res period today and I had DS27 coached up to get my ressies. Now with the fiasco I just found out about when I landed I get to do it myself tomorrow but will have to come back to the hotel at noon - a little earlier than I was planning.

Will see if I can bump Oga’s to later or maybe in the AM. Thanks for that tip even though tomorrow is not supposed to be super hot. It was conflicting with a dinner res I have so it made me choose 4:30 - and I also want to catch WOC tomorrow eve. So I need to scoot to DCA at 7:30. 🤪

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts