I'm pleased to see the new food options. My DH eats keto and so do a couple of friends who are going with us to DL next March, so it's great that there will be some options that appear to be pretty keto friendly.

This is a legitimately bad idea and, what's more, an utterly unnecessary one. There is simply no reason to do this, no demand for it.

Disneyland is a locals park where many people go with little to no advanced planning. This penalizes those people as it increases the chances there will be limited to no available reservations for those spontaneous (aka - MOST) visitors.
Lots of Disneyland restaurants do 60 day ADRs. Yes Oga’s isn’t a restaurant but it’s popular enough to demand this.

I’m stoked to see a vegetarian option for Ronto Roasters! Especially after hearing again and again how that’s the only good food in SWGE! 😂

I feel like they need to add some simple food items even if it breaks the theme. Gimme a pretzel cart. Or some churros. The picky eaters need a refuge.

I’m stoked to see a vegetarian option for Ronto Roasters! Especially after hearing again and again how that’s the only good food in SWGE! 😂

I feel like they need to add some simple food items even if it breaks the theme. Gimme a pretzel cart. Or some churros. The picky eaters need a refuge.
Oh, a Lightsaber-shaped pretzel would be great! Or, perhaps, a BB-8 pretzel? Yes! Please!

This is a legitimately bad idea and, what's more, an utterly unnecessary one. There is simply no reason to do this, no demand for it.

Disneyland is a locals park where many people go with little to no advanced planning. This penalizes those people as it increases the chances there will be limited to no available reservations for those spontaneous (aka - MOST) visitors.

as a non-local who did go to Disneyland, I found the lack of being able to book things further in advance very annoying and stressful :D

I think a combination would likely work best - so have like 1/2 the slots for advanced reservation and 1/2 for walk up or something

We just got back from our first Battu visit and just in case anyone is still interested in other people's reviews/impressions ...

I am a really big Star Wars fan ... not massive enough to know everything in cannon, but a vested fan and really looking forward to seeing this land.
And unfortunately, I was underwhelmed.
Perhaps I had built it up too much, but there was just something off or missing that I can't quite put my finger on.

We started with a ride on the Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run. I had purposely avoided details about the ride itself, but knew about the queue and how we would be assigned jobs, etc. Our group of 3 was paired with a mom and two littles (maybe 4 or 5) and none of us had done the ride before. We got in, it asked us to test a button and then Hondo came on the screen and started to talking about how the Falcon was broken, he talked to Chewie about it, they argued a bit, they told us it still was not working properly and to wait. A few second later, a CM popped in and "wasn't that great? Do you want to ride again?"
I was so confused. Was this the ride? Was that it? None of us had ridden before, so none of us knew.
I told him I didn't think anything had happened and he just repeated "Do you want to ride again?" He hustled us out into a hallway with three other teams, who were just as confused. Then they moved us all back into the ship's bridge/waiting area with other teams. We were given new color team cards and waited to be called again.
This time it worked as expected and we did our run. I see what people mean about hitting the engineer button and watching out the front. It is not easy to do both and not a great experience. My son was a pilot and he said took him a minute to figure it out because he had to pull the lever down to make the ship go up and vice versa. I feel like you need to ride this one a couple times to get a full quality experience. Our first - and only - time was just a ball of confusion.

Speaking of confusion, we had our Oga's reservation and entered the cantina about on time. The hostess led us to the bar, where were we stacked two deep with a group still in front of us at the bar. She told us we could move up to the bar when they finished. Well, they ordered a second drink, so we were just standing between the bar and a table not sure what to do. The bartender asked us what we wanted, and we ordered, then he said there was some space farther down, so we headed over there. Turns out, though, that group had just moved from the bar to a standing table when another group left the standing table (like you would do in a normal bar) but then the hostess came over and told them they couldn't move like that and had to go back to bar so we all squished in. My husband and 11 year old son (who I didn't think could be at the bar itself) were more than ready to go - uncomfortable and didn't like their drinks. I was trying to make the best of it, but agree it was not ideal.

The shops were cute, the Ronto roaster was tasty ... but overall, I'm not dying to go back. And I really like Star Wars.
It was fun and I liked the theming ... the land itself looks great and feels very "in the SW universe" but there was just something missing and I cannot figure out what it is.
Not a popular opinion, I know, but that's my honest review.

We just got back from our first Battu visit and just in case anyone is still interested in other people's reviews/impressions ...

I am a really big Star Wars fan ... not massive enough to know everything in cannon, but a vested fan and really looking forward to seeing this land.
Perhaps I had built it up too much, but there was just something off or missing that I can't quite put my finger on.

We started with a ride on the Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run. I had purposely avoided details about the ride itself, but knew about the queue and how we would be assigned jobs, etc. Our group of 3 was paired with a mom and two littles (maybe 4 or 5) and none of us had done the ride before. We got in, it asked us to test a button and then Hondo came on the screen and started to talking about how the Falcon was broken, he talked to Chewie about it, they argued a bit, they told us it still was not working properly and to wait. A few second later, a CM popped in and "wasn't that great? Do you want to ride again?"
I was so confused. Was this the ride? Was that it? None of us had ridden before, so none of us knew.
I told him I didn't think anything had happened and he just repeated "Do you want to ride again?" He hustled us out into a hallway with three other teams, who were just as confused. Then they moved us all back into the ship's bridge/waiting area with other teams. We were given new color team cards and waited to be called again.
This time it worked as expected and we did our run. I see what people mean about hitting the engineer button and watching out the front. It is not easy to do both and not a great experience. My son was a pilot and he said took him a minute to figure it out because he had to pull the lever down to make the ship go up and vice versa. I feel like you need to ride this one a couple times to get a full quality experience. Our first - and only - time was just a ball of confusion.

Speaking of confusion, we had our Oga's reservation and entered the cantina about on time. The hostess led us to the bar, where were we stacked two deep with a group still in front of us at the bar. She told us we could move up to the bar when they finished. Well, they ordered a second drink, so we were just standing between the bar and a table not sure what to do. The bartender asked us what we wanted, and we ordered, then he said there was some space farther down, so we headed over there. Turns out, though, that group had just moved from the bar to a standing table when another group left the standing table (like you would do in a normal bar) but then the hostess came over and told them they couldn't move like that and had to go back to bar so we all squished in. My husband and 11 year old son (who I didn't think could be at the bar itself) were more than ready to go - uncomfortable and didn't like their drinks. I was trying to make the best of it, but agree it was not ideal.

The shops were cute, the Ronto roaster was tasty ... but overall, I'm not dying to go back. And I really like Star Wars.
It was fun and I liked the theming ... the land itself looks great and feels very "in the SW universe" but there was just something missing and I cannot figure out what it is.

One thing that's missing is definitely the e-ticket attraction, of course.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on GE!

After hearing a lot of doom and gloom about the reappearing, disappearing Spira, I asked an AP friend of mine to get one for me and he did with no problem whatsoever.

Just FYI....

What really made it for us was the datapad experience... we spent several hours doing all the missions and had a lot of fun with the puzzles although I wish there were more missions for each affiliation and also I wish it worked with tablets not just cell phones, but my 15 & 12yos may be the only ones their age without their own cell phones anymore, heh. One of my daughters got questioned by the storm troopers multiple times when working on missions -we all had different ideas about what we would say when working for the resistance but she was the only one they bothered so we were all jealous. We also loved Smuggler's Run, but the lack of explanation sort of ruins the experience. If you can get a group of six to always go together I think it would be amazing, unfortunately one of us was not interested -there should be some way for all the positions to be automatic unless you hit a button to take control or something because there are so many people that get on that just want to ride and do nothing and it really ruins the experience for those that want to accomplish something. It's awful to wait an hour for an attempt only to end up with people taking pictures with their cell phones refusing to even try to hit a button or pull a lever and I'm sure it's frustrating for people going on for the first time or that just want to sit back and enjoy the ride experience as they can with every other ride at Disney!! having others on the ride shouting at them to do something -there's definitely a disconnect since even with the instructions on the cards people going on the ride often still did not understand that they really were controlling the ride experience we found. It was also frustrating because I think sometimes people seemed a bit put out by others attempting to scan things throughout SWGE... I had more than one person ask me what I was doing and I got really excited to share only to find out they weren't actually interested they just wanted me and others to stop and go away -I don't think they were meaning to be rude, but just frustrated themselves by all the people with phones out invading spaces everywhere which was just yet another example of many where in my opinion Disneyland fails to provide guests with proper expectations, most people were genuinely intrigued of course but there again they had no idea about it even though it's a key element to the land. The whole Datapad experience with all the interactions with the ships, communication towers, androids, etc was just awesome... I've never really been a fan of the Disney Play app and I'm not even a star wars fan really (more of a trekkie) but I got so into the whole world carrying around my 'datapad' translating messages, acquiring gear, earning credits... suddenly I found myself swept up in it and the CMs that were really into it were amazing as well (although if you aren't into it yourself it can be frustrating with how cryptic they can be... at one point I was having an issue with my photopass not working correctly and the CM told me I'd have to go find the statue for help and it took a lot of back and forth frustration before I finally gave up and only later realized they can't describe anything about Disneyland itself properly in SWGE, I feel like there should be some sort of warning about this upon entering SWGE perhaps?)

My kids all loved the interesting unique beverages... both the flavors and the names helped to give them that otherworldly vibe... but were disappointed in Oga's Cantina. They all love role playing and are Star Wars fans and were very excited, getting especially made up and dressed up and then talking up their characters and back stories while waiting in line, which we were surprised how long the wait was, I don't understand how their reservation system works and while in line we got the spiel several times about how you cannot move from your spot even to look around or you will lose it which sounded disappointing at first but then once in there we realized there really wasn't much to see anyway. I was also surprised you have to tip, I thought tips were always included with dining? ((okay, just looked that one up and I guess tipping is expected in general for reserved dining there, I always saw that tips were included with packages and I usually don't eat at the parks so I guess that's just my own ignorance, ugh)) It was so dark I couldn't see the bill total to be able to write in a tip and they wouldn't just take the bill for me telling me I had to write the total down myself, fortunately my husband was able to see to write it down for me. You have to pay for the first round before getting a second, so I passed on getting a second because I didn't want to deal with that again and it was crowded and boring in there anyway and everyone was disappointed that the drink they wanted to try next you can only get with a cup but they didn't want the cup so couldn't get it.

Just one of us built a droid at the droid depot and we all really liked that but it is disappointing that there's really not a lot of interaction as we were lead to believe -we took the droid all around trying to get interactions and only managed to get a couple even with a personality chip and if you blink you will miss it, so really not a lot of fun and the droids don't interact with each other at all, it really doesn't seem worthwhile to carry them around even inside SWGE, but we still enjoyed the building experience and playing with the droid at home... the Datapad really outshone the droid at the park itself.

So all that to say that now that I know what to expect, I feel like SWGE is amazing and truly a wonderful and exciting and impressive addition to Disneyland (I love going on Star Tours and landing in Batuu and then heading over there especially!) and I cannot wait to go again.... but it definitely has it's flaws and if not taking advantage of the whole Datapad experience it seems a little lackluster unless you are really a Star Wars fan and willing to spend some serious money there.

I’m happy to see the new menu offerings, and particularly that Disney seems to have heard the need for a simpler children’s menu option. Jedi hamburger, carrots, and an orange? Yes please!

Where was this announced?

Where was this announced?
It was in dina44444’s post on the previous page. I mean, they didn’t CALL it a Jedi hamburger, but that is for sure how I will sell it to my kid. TBH, the house sauce needs to be replaced with ketchup, but I’m hoping I can hoard some ketchup packets somewhere on a previous day to take with us for this and the “naked” Ronto Roaster I plan to order for him.

CA849C7A-E129-4E42-9F73-873033149ED8.jpeg

If you’re picking up a shipment at Docking Bay 7 Food & Cargo, you’ll definitely want to try the new Garden Patty Bun! This new kid’s meal features a bao bun, roasted carrots, house sauce, and an orange.

I have a dumb question about the new 60-day reservation policy for the cantina. Does that mean all dates 60 days or less out can be booked starting October 21? I'm going in November and don't want to miss Oga's.

It was in dina44444’s post on the previous page. I mean, they didn’t CALL it a Jedi hamburger, but that is for sure how I will sell it to my kid. TBH, the house sauce needs to be replaced with ketchup, but I’m hoping I can hoard some ketchup packets somewhere on a previous day to take with us for this and the “naked” Ronto Roaster I plan to order for him.

CA849C7A-E129-4E42-9F73-873033149ED8.jpeg

If you’re picking up a shipment at Docking Bay 7 Food & Cargo, you’ll definitely want to try the new Garden Patty Bun! This new kid’s meal features a bao bun, roasted carrots, house sauce, and an orange.
You did catch that it’s a plant-based patty, right?

I have a dumb question about the new 60-day reservation policy for the cantina. Does that mean all dates 60 days or less out can be booked starting October 21? I'm going in November and don't want to miss Oga's.
I would assume that is what it means. I’d check your date on the 21st.

Right. I heard about this, thanks. I was confused because it's a veggie burger, not a "real" hamburger. Thanks.

Reactions: EmJ
Yes - it is an open 60-day window and includes your November park date.

Has anyone tried the charcuterie plate? Looks lame for $21.
We tried it at Batuu East (DHS) in September. It was, um, interesting. It had a fairly even mix of Really Good!, Just OK, and curiously inedible (baked dog food?). While it ordering and consuming the plate did take the full 45 minutes, we won't likely do it again.

On a different visit, during the early morning hours, and tried breakfast. Winner! The Overnight Oats (cold oat meal served as a yogurt parfait) with a Latte was well priced and a very pleasant breakfast. Soooo ... for us: Oga's for breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter