We had terrible luck with single rider on our trip. Standby was posted at 45 min so we tried single rider. Took over an hour! When we got off the ride, the standby was even shorter than when we got in SR and new time was posted at 30. We really kicked ourselves for that one.
Interesting I did single rider three times never waited more than 15 minutes. One time basically walked on total time from time entered the line to exiting the ride was 14 minutes. I would say from my experience anyway if the end of the line is bottom of the stairs should be a short wait.

I haven’t been in a while, but it’s pretty fun. I would keep in mind the cantina is meant to be an “experience”. It’s not a place to relax and have a drink. Here’s a pic of what my friends and I ordered back in August. 2 are Jabba Juices (non alcoholic), fuzzy tauntan, and Jet Juice. For kids, I would prepare them before getting to the cantina on what to expect. I’ve been 10 times and I always see kids sitting on the floor bored and playing on phones lol.

Attachments

• 5751EBE7-4955-4A99-A0C2-584E6102C980.jpeg
    5751EBE7-4955-4A99-A0C2-584E6102C980.jpeg
    38.2 KB · Views: 12
I haven’t been in a while, but it’s pretty fun. I would keep in mind the cantina is meant to be an “experience”. It’s not a place to relax and have a drink. Here’s a pic of what my friends and I ordered back in August. 2 are Jabba Juices (non alcoholic), fuzzy tauntan, and Jet Juice. For kids, I would prepare them before getting to the cantina on what to expect. I’ve been 10 times and I always see kids sitting on the floor bored and playing on phones lol.

These replies are all helpful. We really just want to get inside to check it out. I wouldn't even stay long enough for my kids to get bored. Just grab a drink and check it out.

We were there in August. We were lucky to get a shared table, 6 of us and maybe 3 others. My friends son ordered a second beer, we were there over an hour, they didn’t say anything. You order and pay before they bring the drinks.

We lucked into a seated table in October (stood when we were there twice in June), but the waiter was very clear that we could only order 2 drinks, and he came by and said “your time is up” a few minutes before 45 minutes. He was surly the whole time (which some of them say is their “character” which I take to mean this is my excuse for just not being friendly at work all day), and I don’t like that aspect, which several others have experienced as well. I have also had great servers there, so YMMV. Have fun and definitely get a reservation. Don’t plan on eating there because the food is a bit odd and not terribly kid friendly.

Does anyone currently have a VIP tour booked for after ROTR opens, and if so, what are they telling you about ride access? I think MFSM is now included in the VIP tour somehow, but I have not heard any reports of what is happening with ROTR, if anyone knows?

So what’s the word on MFSR? Is afternoon still the best time to ride? I remember reading some posts that indicated mornings were getting better but I wasn’t sure if that stayed true with the holiday crowds.

We’ll be back in two weeks and as of now I have it planned in our itinerary to hit the ride after lunch. But we also want to go to SWGE first thing to grab (hopefully!) our long awaited porg.

So what’s the word on MFSR? Is afternoon still the best time to ride? I remember reading some posts that indicated mornings were getting better but I wasn’t sure if that stayed true with the holiday crowds.

We’ll be back in two weeks and as of now I have it planned in our itinerary to hit the ride after lunch. But we also want to go to SWGE first thing to grab (hopefully!) our long awaited porg.
Well, the wait is listed as 95 minutes currently (Monday morning at 9:45am). That's the highest I've personally seen it lately. Just the other day in the evening the wait was 25 minutes, but I'd plan on it being pretty busy all day with the holiday week.

Interesting I did single rider three times never waited more than 15 minutes. One time basically walked on total time from time entered the line to exiting the ride was 14 minutes. I would say from my experience anyway if the end of the line is bottom of the stairs should be a short wait.
I thought that was the norm too, but we must have just been unlucky that day. The line was just ending at the bottom of the stairs. Still took over 45 min. They must have just had enough even parties.

We'll be rope dropping DL on 1/1 and I'm curious to hear from those who've been recently - is it still recommended to wait until later in the day to try to ride Smugglers Run, or should we hit it up at rope drop? Does the fact that DL doesn't open until 9 that day change your recommendation? If we don't rope drop Smugglers Run, what ride should we pursue first? Any advice welcome, as always!

updated because I mistakenly said ROTR when I meant Smugglers Run!

Last edited:
Ha, yes, I do! Clearly I was typing in a hurry (and suffering from wishful thinking)! - I'll update my post, thanks for pointing out my error!...

Granted, when I went last is a historically slow period for the park (right after Halloween and right before the official kickoff of X-mas) but I saw plenty of opportunities to hit up the ride with 30 min queue times. HMH had longer lines on some days.

That said, 1/1 will probably have holiday crowds so longer lines on everything should be expected (If someone who’s actually been there on New Years drops a hint, I’d believe them).

in the end, it’s all about what is most important for you to start with. If it’s Millennium Falcon, then go for it. If it’s PP, then go for it. If it’s breakfast at Carnation Cafe, go for it. 👍🏼

I thought that was the norm too, but we must have just been unlucky that day. The line was just ending at the bottom of the stairs. Still took over 45 min. They must have just had enough even parties.
I saw one time they took 6 single riders not sure what was going in the standby line think someone wasn’t paying attention. Also my son and I got paired up with group that had an ecv once. There was I think two groups in front of them so we got to hang out in the falcon for 5 or 6 minutes. Which was nice usually don’t get much time to look around and take pics.

You might consider trying the single rider line at rope drop. I tried this last week (Saturday 11/16), and the single rider line was literally empty. I had to wait briefly for the initial crowd to make its way through the stand-by queue when I rode the first time. The second time around single-rider was still empty.

You might consider trying the single rider line at rope drop. I tried this last week (Saturday 11/16), and the single rider line was literally empty. I had to wait briefly for the initial crowd to make its way through the stand-by queue when I rode the first time. The second time around single-rider was still empty.

While I love this idea, I worry it might not be doable with a 6-year-old. (I think he'd actually be fine riding by himself, I just worry about what happens after he rides. I guess maybe we could have my husband and I go on either side of him?... and the 10-year-old go last?...)

While I love this idea, I worry it might not be doable with a 6-year-old. (I think he'd actually be fine riding by himself, I just worry about what happens after he rides. I guess maybe we could have my husband and I go on either side of him?... and the 10-year-old go last?...)
He’s not old enough to ride alone. So this wouldn’t work for you.

We went to Oga's Sunday night. We got a standing table right next to DJ Rex. Our waiter was great. Very nice, explained the Fuzzy TaunTaun would make my mouth tingle, checked on us often and never was pushy or rude. My son really liked the Jabba Juice. DH had two drinks and we had one each. I loved being so close to Rex. It seemed way less crowded in there than our last visit. We had a great time!

We did notice that the wait for MFSR was it's lowest at 45 min the time we were there. We never saw it lower than 45 min on Sunday. In the morning it was 75 min. We did not ride as the kids were tired and did not want to wait that long.

I really enjoyed GE at night! It was nice to browse the stores with low crowds. My oldest really wanted a Loth cat, but didn't want to spend $50 on it. So he settled for a shoulder Porg! My youngest had gotten a shoulder Porg earlier in the day at the Star Trader. I did think it was neat that the Porgs are not identical. Some are taller and thinner and others are shorter and chubby. Very cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!