Speaking of droids, the policy in the land has been that droids must be carried or worn in a backpack when in the land, i.e., your kid can’t play with their awesome droid in the land. But today they had a neat little place open with two CMs playing with some droids. I think it was a ploy to get people to go build a droid but they were happy to let my son play with his there. I hope these little droid playgrounds are permanent because my son had the best time driving his droid around with the others.

View attachment 477038

I saw this Sunday and Tuesday, in different spots near Droid Depot; so cute!

The CMs were great when I built my droid on Tuesday.

It is *so* much nicer and more fun than I had imagined, too! I built an R unit and my cat was really impressed with it last night when I was playing with it at home!

So glad I'm not the only one who played with her cat with her droid 😹

My dentist's office dog (chocolate lab) was terrified of my droid, though.

Perhaps there is a better place for these but I'm brainstorming for when I build a droid soon (as I sit making a backpack for it)... and thought I'd ask the collective hive mind.

I'm build an r unit, purple and black.

What names have you used or heard for the droids in Galaxy's Edge?

In particular, any ideas for names like KT or QT that sounds like names?

But I'd love to hear all your names!

Does anyone know if Galaxy's Edge in DL ever gave out the Traveler's Guide of Batuu with the map and decoders or was that a Hollywood Studios only thing? If so, are they still available right now?

Perhaps there is a better place for these but I'm brainstorming for when I build a droid soon (as I sit making a backpack for it)... and thought I'd ask the collective hive mind.

I'm build an r unit, purple and black.

What names have you used or heard for the droids in Galaxy's Edge?

In particular, any ideas for names like KT or QT that sounds like names?

But I'd love to hear all your names!

I'm sort of calling the purple R-unit I built R28-D19 because those numbers are our Boarding Group numbers that we got for RoTR during our trip.

Does anyone know if there are cheaper light sabers in GE? My son wants to buy one but obviously cannot afford $200...but I wasn’t sure if there’s a cheaper option in GE or if he will need to buy in the Star Trader? Thanks!

I don't recall seeing the cheaper ones in Galaxy's Edge, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

They have the legacy sabers that are sold as just a hilt for about $120 but come out to about $200 once you purchase a blade. They do have some of the cheaper plastic replica lightsabers but I'm not sure on the exact price.

I remember seeing sabers in Dok Ondar's which had fixed blades and were somewhere around the $40 price point. All plastic, not metal.

In star trader/disney store (dtd) I saw a video that they have plastic sabers with removable blades that looked pretty decent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!