New targeted package offer?

Waiting to hear back from our TA, but if my rough math is right (trying to book rack rate for the week we’re looking at) we can upgrade to AKL from Coronado for about $250 more total. We were already paying for the dining plan, but I had a 30% room discount from a Pin Code originally so I was worried. Hoping my numbers are right and availability is in our favor because it’s a no brainer to make the upgrade.

We are AP holders. If we purchased the free dining plan with park tickets, how long could we save those tickets in My Disney Experience to use down the road? Could we purchase 2 day tickets even if we're staying for 4 nights or would we need to buy 4 days? This could be worth it for our family.

We received the email yesterday as we cut our March trip short and left early. I know it’s not a local small business but it is weird we are considering a super short summer trip to throw some $$ Disney’s way and help get things back on track? Probably. We have an airline credit from the same trip so airfare would be covered.

My trip was planned for mid-may and I received this email. However, my question is, we bought 4 park magic tickets for May. Can we apply the value paid for these toward regular tickets/package in order to get the free dining when we rebook?

I called the number on the site last night and the recording said 2.5 hour wait. Tried this number a few minutes later and was on hold 13 minutes before my call was answered. ‭(407) 939-5277‬

We are AP holders. If we purchased the free dining plan with park tickets, how long could we save those tickets in My Disney Experience to use down the road? Could we purchase 2 day tickets even if we're staying for 4 nights or would we need to buy 4 days? This could be worth it for our family.

If the minimum purchase is 2 day tickets, yes, you can buy them for your 4 night stay. :)

Those package tickets will expire at the end of your stay. but you don’t lose the value you paid for them. You can use the value to purchase new tickets or renew your AP.

Just remember this offer is only for guests whose reservations were canceled after March 1st. This is not for new reservations or for reservations that are currently held and not been cancelled.
Reservation lines open at 7:00 am EST

Not quite. This offer CAN be applied to reservations currently held. I was originally scheduled to arrive in April and last week we switched to July. This morning I called (waited over 2 hours on hold) but the CM successfully added free dining for me in July. You do NOT need to have fully cancelled your reservation altogether.

I feel like I’m in limbo right now. I have resort stays for 5/20-5/23 and 5/30-6/1. We’re supposed to be on DCL in between. I have not received emails for either stay. Am I still eligible for this offer or is it only if I receive an email? Not sure if this means they hope to reopen by my dates and haven’t extended the offer to me yet. Anyone else have dates around mine and received an email?

I know this isn’t Disney’s or DCL’s fault, but counting down this trip is what has kept me going through all this. Last year was horrible for my family and this was finally the start of us getting back to normal.

Some of these may have been answered already so if they were sorry!

How does this work if you have annual passes? (Guessing you have to purchase at lease two days of tickets)?

if you had tickets under a previous package that was canceled, how does this work?(Guessing you have to purchase at lease two days of tickets on top of existing tickets)?
You do need to purchase 2 day tickets minimum to get the FD promo.
AP is what I'm most interested in as well - we have a room only for May 22nd - but even the cost of 2-day tickets wouldn't be worth it to take advantage of the offer. Think we'll stick with room-only for late August if necessary.
Yes for AP's it isn't always a good deal as you need to buy the tickets
I saw on another post that you can
Yup! You can upgrade to any plan higher than the one that is free with your resort category :)
Not quite. This offer CAN be applied to reservations currently held. I was originally scheduled to arrive in April and last week we switched to July. This morning I called (waited over 2 hours on hold) but the CM successfully added free dining for me in July. You do NOT need to have fully cancelled your reservation altogether.
Correct. If you have or had a reservation during the closure dates/through 5/31 you are eligible for this offer. If you cancelled already they'll pull your old reservation.

I feel like I’m in limbo right now. I have resort stays for 5/20-5/23 and 5/30-6/1. We’re supposed to be on DCL in between. I have not received emails for either stay. Am I still eligible for this offer or is it only if I receive an email? Not sure if this means they hope to reopen by my dates and haven’t extended the offer to me yet. Anyone else have dates around mine and received an email?

I know this isn’t Disney’s or DCL’s fault, but counting down this trip is what has kept me going through all this. Last year was horrible for my family and this was finally the start of us getting back to normal.
You ARE eligible; it seems in true Disney fashion about 70% of eligible guests are getting the email lol. Your'e definitely eligible with your first reservation and SHOULD be with your 2nd since you check in before 5/31 although of course you can only get one FD reservation :) None of this can be done online though so you do have to call and wait times are crazy. Good luck!

Some of these may have been answered already so if they were sorry!

You do need to purchase 2 day tickets minimum to get the FD promo.

Yes for AP's it isn't always a good deal as you need to buy the tickets

Yup! You can upgrade to any plan higher than the one that is free with your resort category :)

Correct. If you have or had a reservation during the closure dates/through 5/31 you are eligible for this offer. If you cancelled already they'll pull your old reservation.
Any chance I can upgrade the free dining promo I've already got?

I already have a free dining offer booked, so I have been waiting for this info lol.
originally they said no.
When the new plan was announced there were quite a few limitations on what reservation type you had. If you had certain promos you could not upgrade to that plan and that will still stand if you're trying to upgrade that same reservation

Any chance I can upgrade the free dining promo I've already got?
Unfortunately probably not as whatever kept it from being ugradeable before will still stand. This is a new offer and just for those booked during closure dates

I think it is pretty safe to assume that neither your May resort stay and especially not your cruise are going to happen. I think this all VERY strongly suggests they won't be open before June 1. I did not receive an email, but I still got the deal. I would think you would probably be eligible but I'm not sure how the cruise effects things. Call and find out. I bet you can cancel those reservations and rebook for a resort stay with free dining.

Unfortunately probably not as whatever kept it from being ugradeable before will still stand. This is a new offer and just for those booked during closure dates
The thing is there was nothing preventing it, the cast members just said they didn't know how to do it.
It came out about 10 days before the closure so there was not even time for it to be up and running and that was when all of those system failures were happening and the app was down for days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!