New Themed Magic Bands

Is there anything special about these bands other than the design? Do they offer unique lights/sound effects when you use it at the gate like I've seen others do? I've never had any but the regular coloured magic band so not sure how the extra cost ones work.
Apparently they make you look 10 years younger but as I have aged 10 years with all the stress of obtaining one, I'm not sure why I bothered ............. :):)

Apparently they make you look 10 years younger but as I have aged 10 years with all the stress of obtaining one, I'm not sure why I bothered ............. :):)
Hi. LOL!! I am going crazy trying to get ours. When every gets their choice, we try to finish and it takes them away.

Ill just keep on trying! :)

For those that have had luck getting the bands, did you have to do anything with the shipping address? I’m stuck at the final screen with three bands in my cart but it’s not going through. It says for pick up at Pop Century but I don’t have to add the resort address, do I? I’m grasping at straws since I’m so close and yet so far... :badpc:

For those that have had luck getting the bands, did you have to do anything with the shipping address? I’m stuck at the final screen with three bands in my cart but it’s not going through. It says for pick up at Pop Century but I don’t have to add the resort address, do I? I’m grasping at straws since I’m so close and yet so far... :badpc:
I didn’t have to put the address for POP century resort. The screen said my magic bands would be delivered to my resort

I tried to order last night but it gave me an error message so I gave up. I'm not sure why it didn't work, the bands I wanted are still showing on the site so they shouldn't be out of stock. I tried to use a different credit card than the one on file, maybe that's why? I don't know. Now I don't know if I want to try again or just give up and get the purple ones we bought stickers for. I just really like that small world one, and kiddo wanted the 2019 one with mickey, Donald, goofy & pluto. it's cute! of course they are also $15 instead of $10.

I tried to order last night but it gave me an error message so I gave up. I'm not sure why it didn't work, the bands I wanted are still showing on the site so they shouldn't be out of stock. I tried to use a different credit card than the one on file, maybe that's why? I don't know. Now I don't know if I want to try again or just give up and get the purple ones we bought stickers for. I just really like that small world one, and kiddo wanted the 2019 one with mickey, Donald, goofy & pluto. it's cute! of course they are also $15 instead of $10.
It's not your credit card at all. Every time I call I get the same answer... they are out of stock... even though they still show up on the site. I'm beyond frustrated. Honestly, I expect more from Disney. I suggested that they just give people a $15 credit to pick out whatever one they want from the store.... then she said people would complain about the engraving. Seriously, who even looks at the engraving. I would take the credit over this aggravation any day.

For those of you having issues ordering the premium magic bands, send an email to WDW Guest Communications. Express your frustrations about ordering the new premium bands. We had a trip in June. I was happy when the premium bands were announced and we looked at them and decided which ones we wanted. I had to leave for work so when I got home I went online to order them and they were all sold out. That was when I found out that Disney did not have a limit on who could order their Magic Bands - I saw people with trips in December were able to order bands but those with reservations in the next 4-6 weeks were out of luck. I sent an email to WDW Guest Communications and I received a response with a phone number to call to order my premium magic bands from Shop Disney. I did need to have my reservation # and my order was shipped to the resort, but I was able to order premium magic bands for our trip for the $10 each - I did not get my first choice because it was sold out. Yes, these bands are not personalized but we never look at the engraving anyway because we have different magic bands. So if you have a trip coming up soon and can see the magic band is available on Shop Disney, it might be worth an email to WDW. Also just an FYI - Disney tried to charge me $6 for my package containing my magic bands because they were delivered to the resort but when I explained that Disney won't mail them to Canada, they removed the charge.

I have tried just about every single option over hundreds (maybe a thousand) attempts during the last two months with absolutely no luck. I've tried on laptops, tablets, mobile with all sorts of browsers etc... and still no luck. I have called multiple times only to be told there is nothing they can do and to keep trying.

I'm only two weeks out from my trip, so it's likely I'll go without the bands. It's embarrassing how terrible disney is at managing IT and issues like this.

For those of you having issues ordering the premium magic bands, send an email to WDW Guest Communications. Express your frustrations about ordering the new premium bands. We had a trip in June. I was happy when the premium bands were announced and we looked at them and decided which ones we wanted. I had to leave for work so when I got home I went online to order them and they were all sold out. That was when I found out that Disney did not have a limit on who could order their Magic Bands - I saw people with trips in December were able to order bands but those with reservations in the next 4-6 weeks were out of luck. I sent an email to WDW Guest Communications and I received a response with a phone number to call to order my premium magic bands from Shop Disney. I did need to have my reservation # and my order was shipped to the resort, but I was able to order premium magic bands for our trip for the $10 each - I did not get my first choice because it was sold out. Yes, these bands are not personalized but we never look at the engraving anyway because we have different magic bands. So if you have a trip coming up soon and can see the magic band is available on Shop Disney, it might be worth an email to WDW. Also just an FYI - Disney tried to charge me $6 for my package containing my magic bands because they were delivered to the resort but when I explained that Disney won't mail them to Canada, they removed the charge.
Do you have the phone number? I may have to try this as a last resort. It's been so frustrating.

Do you have the phone number? I may have to try this as a last resort. It's been so frustrating.

I will look when I get home if I still have the number. I would suggest sending WDW Guest Communications an email and let them know how frustrated you are trying to order the bands because I am not sure if they are still giving the codes to allow you to order through ShopDisney.

We had to book Pop as a split-stay as we added on extra days at the tail-end of our trip. I was able to get our customized MBs ordered but saw afterwards that it was the second set that went through (last 3 days of a 9 day stay). The option is still up to customize the bands for the first portion of our stay so I will either take the complementary ones for those or possibly pay for upgrades just for variety. If we are staying at Pop Century for both parts of our trip, will both sets of bands be at the front desk and active and ready for pick up when we check in?

For those of you having issues ordering the premium magic bands, send an email to WDW Guest Communications.

Do you know the email for the Guest Communications? I looked on the site and didn't see anything for Guest Communications. Would it be the same as Guest Services?

I ended up being able to order 3 out of the 4 that I needed (DH doesn't care if he just has a plain one) but as I went in to place my order, only 2 were available (mine and DDs) DS was no longer available and it defaulted to an orange one. I couldn't cancel my order or change it. I'd really like to try to get him one as well (just to be "fair" :laughing:)

The challenge of ordering bands is not unique to Canadians. There is a 53 page thread of success/challenges people are having. I’ve been part of this thread since day 1 and basically there is no ‘this works’ Answer...just keep trying.

For myself, I was successful ordering very early in the day last Sunday morning when less people were trying.....but that was after 60+ days of looking every-single-day and sometimes trying to purchase when all our bands were available.

If you’re interested in reading the other thread to see what’s (occasionally) working for others, here is the link: https://www.disboards.com/threads/magic-bands-upgrade.3748491/

I thinking we will just get the upgraded bands when we get there. I have spent so much time trying to get these bands it is not funny. MDE sucks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter