New Themed Resorts

sky2823

Mouseketeer
Any chance DVC is a part of the Star Wars hotel or future projects?

Sorry if it is in another thread

This has been mentioned before, some think the new Star Wars hotel will be too small for DVC where as others like me think it could be possible.

I doubt any immersion type resort experience will be DVC. I wonder if the immersion experience will be around after 10 years, or will run it's course and be re-themed, like when Disney Institute became SSR.

I doubt any immersion type resort experience will be DVC. I wonder if the immersion experience will be around after 10 years, or will run it's course and be re-themed, like when Disney Institute became SSR.
There is not going to be many rooms, so people will be lining up for years in advance to get into the Star Wars hotel. This hotel will book faster then AKL Concierge rooms.

Zero chance that the Star Wars hotel will be DVC. The concepts of the experience based resort and a timeshare are diametrically different.

Even if it was, I’d guess that the MFs would have to be pretty high to pay all of those role playing CMs.

I always thought an early American resort, like old Williamsburg would be great. It could be a large resort themed like an entire town.
Of course, an early American themed resort may not be PC. by today’s standards.

Think Liberty Tree Tavern style.
Think of the beauty of the streets/walkways lit by lanterns, and the beauty of the rooms furnished with early American furniture.
Think Liberty Tree Tavern style...

Yes i can see the hotel possibly being remodelled into the next big film franchise in the future but persoanlly I would think longer then 10 years away, there will be such a high demand for this hotel that is could sell out if it allowed for the next 10 years with people today wanting to visit, the demand may well fall once the price of the rooms is released of course as I expect this to be the most expensive hotel in Disney history by a long way and will price itself out of most peoples pockets.

Have not heard anything official, but based on the size (60 something rooms from what I have heard) and the premium DIS will be able to charge for this makes it highly unlikely.

I am not expecting this spaceship being able to be booked for one night, or one week, but rather a "3 day voyage".

Also, DVC is, among other things, a way to have hotels run at 95%+ occupancy, which, to my understanding, is higher than typical hotel occupancy rates. I do not see this hotel, based on its theme and size, having less than 100% occupancy for years to come.

Then again, I have been wrong before, but Ill never admit it.

I highly doubt Star Wars hotel will have any DVC rooms.
From what I have seen, it will be very small with not that many rooms.
It will go for a high premium price for the 2 or 3 day stay (guessing there will be a minimum and maximum night stay). I suspect there will be a high demand for the resort so no reason not to maximize their cash revenue. The only way I see it going DVC is if it doesn't fill frequently.

There is not going to be many rooms, so people will be lining up for years in advance to get into the Star Wars hotel. This hotel will book faster then AKL Concierge rooms.
Not to get off topic, but why is AKL concierge so popular?

Not to get off topic, but why is AKL concierge so popular?
2 reasons.
It takes 2-5 extra points over SV. If one values points at $15-$18 (set by the rental market), it is $30-$90 more per night. Rack rates are $100 to $200 to add CL. So it is a good way to try CL.

Next there are only 5 LO2BR. So supply is VERY low. They may not even be "popular", there demand is just far greater than the supply, so they are difficult to book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!