New Things From Member Services

Yassdvclb

Mouseketeer
Got this email today...excited about the new member services.

On behalf of our entire Disney Vacation Club team ... Happy Holidays to you and your family!Here's hoping it has been an unforgettable year filled with special Disney moments and plenty of Membership Magic.

As you know, we are always making big plans for the future around here, specifically as they relate to your vacation experience. With that in mind, I am thrilled to share a few details about some new advantages and benefits coming your way in the New Year:

• As always, we're continuously working on enhancements to your digital experience. Starting next summer, we'll give you expanded functionality and convenience on the Member website, letting you not only make but also modify your reservations when you're booking Disney Vacation Club resorts with points. The enhanced site will also be mobile friendly so you can make and modify your reservations right from your smart phone.
073013-dvc-tp1-long-space.gif

• In early 2018, Reunion Station will open adjacent to Geyser Point Bar & Grill at the new Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Reunion Station is being created exclusively for you, our Members, and will function as a concierge lounge serving a light breakfast and happy hour offerings (a nightly fee applies). You may also book unique activities at Reunion Station, like wine tastings and photography classes. During certain times of day, the new lounge will simply provide a peaceful place to relax.

• Your in-room experience has never been more important to us. That's why we will begin removing trash from your rooms at Disney Vacation Club resorts on a daily basis in addition to regular housekeeping visits. The daily service begins December 22, 2017, at five resort properties (Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian Villas & Bungalows, The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian, Disney's Grand Californian and Aulani). The service extends to all other Disney Vacation Club resorts on January 7, 2018.

• You will enjoy more Moonlight Magic dates than ever in 2018, with events already confirmed for every month from January through November. Included are the first Moonlight Magic events at Disney's Hollywood Studios, where the highly anticipated Toy Story Land will have made its debut by the time Members take over the park. Also planned is a return to Disney California Adventure, where Paradise Pier will have been transformed into Pixar Pier. Click here for confirmed dates.

• Launched in 2016 as part of Disney Vacation Club's celebration of "25 years and beyond," the Member Lounge on the second floor of the Imagination! Pavilion at Epcot became an instant hit. The lounge's popularity prompted its extended operation in 2017, and I'm pleased to report that it's scheduled to remain open throughout 2018. If you happen to be visiting Epcot, I encourage you to stop by the lounge between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. daily to enjoy comfortable seating, complimentary soft drinks, Wi-Fi, device-charging stations, access to Member Service Advisors and more.

• We know how important it is for you to reach Member Services at convenient times. With that in mind, we have extended the hours for Member Services by 90 minutes each day - to 9 p.m. ET on weekdays and to 7 p.m. ETon weekends.

• You've been asking about this for a long time, and I couldn't be more pleased to provide it: Personalized merchandise. We're talking about shirts, hats and other apparel and gift items that are customizable for each Member and their resort. You can even add the milestone year you joined Disney Vacation Club. Visit the Benefits & More section of DisneyVacationClub.com to learn more about how to show your pride in your Home Resort.

• And don't forget about the exclusive ticket savings we're offering Members and guests at Walt Disney World Resort, available for purchase for only a few more days (you can buy them through January 3, 2018, and activate them through the end of 2018). Save more than 25% on a Disney Platinum Plus Annual Pass, or get seven days of Disney Theme Parks for the price of five. These are two really exciting offers - and a continuation of the discounts and special offers we make available to our Members, like extensive merchandise and dining discounts at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort, as well as unique opportunities with Disney Cruise Line and Adventures by Disney.

So there you have it ... quite a collection of new Membership Magic experiences and exciting offers ... with many more in development or on the way!*

As we celebrate the holidays, I hope you'll take time to enjoy the season's many blessings by spending time with the people you care about and making your own special memories. Thank you for your membership in Disney Vacation Club. We couldn't be more pleased to have you as part of our family.

Got this email today...excited about the new member services.

On behalf of our entire Disney Vacation Club team ... Happy Holidays to you and your family!Here's hoping it has been an unforgettable year filled with special Disney moments and plenty of Membership Magic.

As you know, we are always making big plans for the future around here, specifically as they relate to your vacation experience. With that in mind, I am thrilled to share a few details about some new advantages and benefits coming your way in the New Year:

• As always, we're continuously working on enhancements to your digital experience. Starting next summer, we'll give you expanded functionality and convenience on the Member website, letting you not only make but also modify your reservations when you're booking Disney Vacation Club resorts with points. The enhanced site will also be mobile friendly so you can make and modify your reservations right from your smart phone.

• In early 2018, Reunion Station will open adjacent to Geyser Point Bar & Grill at the new Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Reunion Station is being created exclusively for you, our Members, and will function as a concierge lounge serving a light breakfast and happy hour offerings (a nightly fee applies). You may also book unique activities at Reunion Station, like wine tastings and photography classes. During certain times of day, the new lounge will simply provide a peaceful place to relax.

• Your in-room experience has never been more important to us. That's why we will begin removing trash from your rooms at Disney Vacation Club resorts on a daily basis in addition to regular housekeeping visits. The daily service begins December 22, 2017, at five resort properties (Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian Villas & Bungalows, The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian, Disney's Grand Californian and Aulani). The service extends to all other Disney Vacation Club resorts on January 7, 2018.

• You will enjoy more Moonlight Magic dates than ever in 2018, with events already confirmed for every month from January through November. Included are the first Moonlight Magic events at Disney's Hollywood Studios, where the highly anticipated Toy Story Land will have made its debut by the time Members take over the park. Also planned is a return to Disney California Adventure, where Paradise Pier will have been transformed into Pixar Pier. Click here for confirmed dates.

• Launched in 2016 as part of Disney Vacation Club's celebration of "25 years and beyond," the Member Lounge on the second floor of the Imagination! Pavilion at Epcot became an instant hit. The lounge's popularity prompted its extended operation in 2017, and I'm pleased to report that it's scheduled to remain open throughout 2018. If you happen to be visiting Epcot, I encourage you to stop by the lounge between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. daily to enjoy comfortable seating, complimentary soft drinks, Wi-Fi, device-charging stations, access to Member Service Advisors and more.

• We know how important it is for you to reach Member Services at convenient times. With that in mind, we have extended the hours for Member Services by 90 minutes each day - to 9 p.m. ET on weekdays and to 7 p.m. ETon weekends.

• You've been asking about this for a long time, and I couldn't be more pleased to provide it: Personalized merchandise. We're talking about shirts, hats and other apparel and gift items that are customizable for each Member and their resort. You can even add the milestone year you joined Disney Vacation Club. Visit the Benefits & More section of DisneyVacationClub.com to learn more about how to show your pride in your Home Resort.

• And don't forget about the exclusive ticket savings we're offering Members and guests at Walt Disney World Resort, available for purchase for only a few more days (you can buy them through January 3, 2018, and activate them through the end of 2018). Save more than 25% on a Disney Platinum Plus Annual Pass, or get seven days of Disney Theme Parks for the price of five. These are two really exciting offers - and a continuation of the discounts and special offers we make available to our Members, like extensive merchandise and dining discounts at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort, as well as unique opportunities with Disney Cruise Line and Adventures by Disney.

So there you have it ... quite a collection of new Membership Magic experiences and exciting offers ... with many more in development or on the way!*

As we celebrate the holidays, I hope you'll take time to enjoy the season's many blessings by spending time with the people you care about and making your own special memories. Thank you for your membership in Disney Vacation Club. We couldn't be more pleased to have you as part of our family.

I also just got the email and very happy! I especially like the daily trash removal from the room. Can't wait to buy some DVC merchandise.

Not the biggest fan of the daily trash removal as we like not having to lock away all the electronics everyday before leaving the room. Plus, it might just be an OKW thing, but never found it too difficult to just take the trash and put it in the communal containers that are in each building.

Now if it were new towels everyday, that would be worth the hassle.

Not the biggest fan of the daily trash removal as we like not having to lock away all the electronics everyday before leaving the room. Plus, it might just be an OKW thing, but never found it too difficult to just take the trash and put it in the communal containers that are in each building.

Now if it were new towels everyday, that would be worth the hassle.

Just put out your do not disturb sign.

I read on another site that the 'do not disturb' signs are also being removed, to be replaced by 'room occupied' signs. They are claiming the right and need to enter rooms on a daily basis.

How much extra is the daily trash pickup costing us? That's what I'm not a fan of. Like Novatrix, we just bring our trash to the trash room if we need to do that. It's rather simple. Is DVC having to cover housekeeping costs to appease the union where housekeepers are being let go (and guests can get cash by declining housekeeping)?

I read on another site that the 'do not disturb' signs are also being removed, to be replaced by 'room occupied' signs. They are claiming the right and need to enter rooms on a daily basis.

I'll be there in January and I will gladly give them my trash daily, but only if it is convenient for me. Like Deb and Bill, we know where the trash room is and don't keep trash in our rooms - we empty it daily as I don't wish to have anything that may smell or attract bugs around.

We don't usually rush off for the parks at rope drop nor stay away all day so will not appreciate being woken up nor walked in upon. Also, according to another thread, Member Services say that you can opt out and to 'just use your do not disturb' sign.

These rumors take off so fast!

I'll be there in January and I will gladly give them my trash daily, but only if it is convenient for me. Like Deb and Bill, we know where the trash room is and don't keep trash in our rooms - we empty it daily as I don't wish to have anything that may smell or attract bugs around.

We don't usually rush off for the parks at rope drop nor stay away all day so will not appreciate being woken up nor walked in upon. Also, according to another thread, Member Services say that you can opt out and to 'just use your do not disturb' sign.

These rumors take off so fast!

Please reference this article posted today on the Dis about Do Not Disturb Signs

http://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-...-the-do-not-disturb-signs-from-resort-hotels/

Your first post is about this rumor? Care to introduce yourself?

In any case, 'Welcome to the Disboards'!

Excuse me? I was just trying to be nice to let you know that someone wrote an article today on the Dis about the very thing you were talking about. I thought you might find it interesting. What do you mean "In any case, Welcome to the Disboards"?

There is a post on the resorts thread that has a picture of the new "Room Occupied" door hanger. It says Disney has the right to enter your room even with the sign on.

Funnily enough, that was already the plan before I started reading about the switch to "Room Occupied" signs on this thread, but thank you for pointing that out. :)

Blech, hope that doesn't mean that we'll be getting knocks in the morning despite the sign. Maybe Disney legal decided they needed to cover themselves in cases of needed entry.

Funnily enough, that was already the plan before I started reading about the switch to "Room Occupied" signs on this thread, but thank you for pointing that out. :)

Blech, hope that doesn't mean that we'll be getting knocks in the morning despite the sign. Maybe Disney legal decided they needed to cover themselves in cases of needed entry.

That may be a good thought. Perhaps they've entered a room and faced some legal resistance. Who knows what all goes on in Disney's world?

I wonder which of the new benefits will be excluded from "second class" members?! Perhaps they still won't pick up trash on a daily basis from my villa! On a more serious note, it seems like DVD is putting quite a bit of effort to make buying direct a bit more palatable.

LAX

I wonder which of the new benefits will be excluded from "second class" members?! Perhaps they still won't pick up trash on a daily basis from my villa! On a more serious note, it seems like DVD is putting quite a bit of effort to make buying direct a bit more palatable.

LAX

That will be paid with dues so couldn't be excluded. And as it is listed for guest safety it will happen for everyone. Better experience is marketing to make you feel better about them wanting into your room everyday.

I'm another one who doesn't see the daily trash thing as a positive change. Been a DVC member since 1995 and never found it a burden to take the trash out when it was full. Not that I ever filled the trash can every day anyway. However, now I'll be stuck with higher member fees for this improvement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter