New Things From Member Services

What does it mean by modifying reservations? Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, I'm new to DVC.

What does it mean by modifying reservations? Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, I'm new to DVC.
You will be able to modify a current reservation. Now only MS can do that, add or subtract to something already booked. This change was mentioned at the Members Meeting.

You will be able to modify a current reservation. Now only MS can do that, add or subtract to something already booked. This change was mentioned at the Members Meeting.
Ok. Does that mean changing resorts? I'm currently booked at my OKW home but our 7 month window is next week. We want to change to Kidani. Will this now mean I won't have to cancel and rebook? Can we just modify?

Ok. Does that mean changing resorts? I'm currently booked at my OKW home but our 7 month window is next week. We want to change to Kidani. Will this now mean I won't have to cancel and rebook? Can we just modify?
I do not know for sure, but changing resorts is more than modifying a reservation IMO. We will see how that works!

It most likely means changing dates and possibly adding or changing guests. It may mean changing resorts, but I doubt it because that is really multiple transactions.

Sorry, but this trash removal daily isn’t for us, it’s for Disney to fulfill their daily room entry that they are now going to do everywhere. Just an excuse. Not happy. Loved that about DVC, that for 3 days didn’t even have to use the DND sign, they won’t. This is not a good and if they think they are fooling us by thinking they are doing this for us....sorry not buying it.

I do not know for sure, but changing resorts is more than modifying a reservation IMO. We will see how that works!
Did they really spell it out in that detail at the meeting? I would think the opposite; that they’d essentially allow you to cancel and rebook in the same transaction so you don’t have to use any tricks or risk losing a reservation. I suspect that the “modifying” capabilities won’t actualky include the ability to add or remove nights from an existing reservation.

They did not spell it out. From what I heard, they were talking about adding or subtracting days, but what you say may be what they meant.

Blech. Stay out of my room. I'll take care of my trash.

This isn't an exciting new benefit, this is an terrible inconvenience.

Thanks, now I will have to put away my computer AND make sure that someone hangs in the room to grab the door when I am showering or sleeping. My husband can't just take a walk, if he wants back in without me having to undo the latch.

• In early 2018, Reunion Station will open adjacent to Geyser Point Bar & Grill at the new Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Reunion Station is being created exclusively for you, our Members, and will function as a concierge lounge serving a light breakfast and happy hour offerings (a nightly fee applies). You may also book unique activities at Reunion Station, like wine tastings and photography classes. During certain times of day, the new lounge will simply provide a peaceful place to relax.
073013-dvc-tp1-long-space.gif

So, these sound like offerings similar to CL at AKL. Would it be open to all members or just those staying at CCV?

I had no idea about the end of the dnd signs when I posted this. The trash removal just seemed like something that it would be possible to opt out. I have seen other posters mention that the end of dnd was a part of other hotel chains also. I have been staying at Disney for almost a week now and not once disturbed. @MaryLovesPoohBear

I had no idea about the end of the dnd signs when I posted this. The trash removal just seemed like something that it would be possible to opt out. I have seen other posters mention that the end of dnd was a part of other hotel chains also. I have been staying at Disney for almost a week now and not once disturbed. @MaryLovesPoohBear
Do you return to your room or stay in it, during the day?

As I have said on other threads, I nap during the day. Generally it is after lunch and before dinner.

It also depends on what resort you're currently at. The new room check policy has only been implemented at the monorail resorts, the Grand Californian and Aulani. Room checks will not begin at the other DVC resorts until January 7th.

I have no issue with the daily trash removal...once they install larger safes.

Until then I guess I'll be locking my valuables in my suitcase. :confused3
Um...Wouldn’t that make it really easy to walk off with all your valuables at once?

Um...Wouldn’t that make it really easy to walk off with all your valuables at once?

The likelihood of CM wheeling out a whole suitcase I would think is much less than them putting a single valuable in a pocket.

Plus I have a tile tracker on my suitcase.

While I will bring a personal tablet or small laptop along when I travel, any other "valuables" are either on my person (phone, wedding ring), or at home. Tablet / laptop fits in the safe.

Wondering what valuables people are worried about and why they would travel with them? I get that some have to work (and feel sorry for that), but all of my former employers would have a ROYAL fit if anyone had sensitive info stored on a laptop that left the company premises. (We had to use a special VPN to access sensitive info stored in a secure database). People have lost their jobs over this.

While I will bring a personal tablet or small laptop along when I travel, any other "valuables" are either on my person (phone, wedding ring), or at home. Tablet / laptop fits in the safe.

Wondering what valuables people are worried about and why they would travel with them? I get that some have to work (and feel sorry for that), but all of my former employers would have a ROYAL fit if anyone had sensitive info stored on a laptop that left the company premises. (We had to use a special VPN to access sensitive info stored in a secure database). People have lost their jobs over this.

Bose headset, phone battery chargers, (not exactly in the $$$ valuable category but very valuable for use), ipads, laptops (doesn't have to have valuable info on it - still a lot lost and PITB if it were to disappear), medications, ipod (yeah, still use one - small and saves battery of other electronics), jewelry or sunglasses not wearing that day just to name a few things.

However it's not something I'm terribly concerned about with this. It was always a possibility someone could enter and I tend to keep things at least out of sight when we leave the room. I did get a bit annoyed at a housekeeper though when I asked about help getting a safe open that had been left locked by the previous occupant. Her statement "well, your DVC so we don't go in your room so nothing's going to get stolen". Huh? I just said that wasn't my concern and if she could assist and she then put in a call to security to get it open.

With being able to modify online, won't that reduce the number needed on the phones with Member Services? Wouldn't that be a good thing or not?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!