New Things From Member Services

I have no issue with the daily trash removal...once they install larger safes.

Until then I guess I'll be locking my valuables in my suitcase. :confused3

Are the safes the same size as the ones in regular Disney hotel rooms? Personally, those have always been sufficient for us. Just wondering if they are unusually small or something....

With being able to modify online, won't that reduce the number needed on the phones with Member Services? Wouldn't that be a good thing or not?

Depends on who you ask. A lot of people would like to see an end to walking reservations. If that will now be allowed online, I think that is a loud and clear "it's ok to walk" from the mouse and will likely become even more common occurrence.

Overall, if the system works well, I think less calls to MS should be seen as a good thing.

To those worried about valuables...

I lock my wallet and credit cards in the safe. I carry ID, Health Insurance Card and one credit card with me to the parks for an emergency. I have been traveling with a full sized laptop for years, and have never hidden it and I've never had any problems.

Before we leave for the day anything that belongs to me gets locked in my bag and the key goes with me. Nothing is left out in the open. That includes my toothbrush.

Before we leave for the day anything that belongs to me gets locked in my bag and the key goes with me. Nothing is left out in the open. That includes my toothbrush.

I'm more worried about making sure housekeeping doesn't touch my toothbrush and my contact lens case than I am my laptop. Not joking. Yuck.

You can learn a lot about people by the way they behave in a hotel room. I used to travel a lot for work and we were forced to share rooms. Clothes and personal items all over and the bathroom a mess. I like to keep my stuff contained. I only take out what I need and repack dirty stuff back into my suitcase each night. I've been in too many firedrills in hotels in Europe. If you have to vacate a room in a hurry you can't spend a lot of time running around finding clothes.

I’m happy about the trash removal. Not for us, because we take our own trash out daily and have NO problem doing it. With 2 kids in diapers, we take the trash out of our room a lot so it doesn’t stink up the place and we will continue to do this ourselves when we leave for the parks.

I’m happy about trash removal because other people just bag up their garbage and leave it in the hallway. Drives. Me. Nuts. Nothing like stepping over trash bags walking through the beautiful VGF hallways.

Are the safes the same size as the ones in regular Disney hotel rooms? Personally, those have always been sufficient for us. Just wondering if they are unusually small or something....

They are the same size. Large electronics (laptop/ipad pro) don't fit.

I’m happy about the trash removal. Not for us, because we take our own trash out daily and have NO problem doing it. With 2 kids in diapers, we take the trash out of our room a lot so it doesn’t stink up the place and we will continue to do this ourselves when we leave for the parks.

I’m happy about trash removal because other people just bag up their garbage and leave it in the hallway. Drives. Me. Nuts. Nothing like stepping over trash bags walking through the beautiful VGF hallways.

The garbage in the hallway makes me nuts as well. It totally devalues otherwise gorgeous resorts.

They are the same size. Large electronics (laptop/ipad pro) don't fit.

The garbage in the hallway makes me nuts as well. It totally devalues otherwise gorgeous resorts.
Eh, no more than the laundry baskets set out a couple of days before your full cleaning day.

(I don't leave trash outside of my door. We take it to the trash room, which I guess we don't need anymore.)

To those worried about valuables...

I lock my wallet and credit cards in the safe. I carry ID, Health Insurance Card and one credit card with me to the parks for an emergency. I have been traveling with a full sized laptop for years, and have never hidden it and I've never had any problems.

I had a laptop stolen out of my hotel room once when I was out of the room for all of 20 minutes. Trust me, it happens.

I'm thinking of putting all our valuables in our Owner's Locker then padlocking it. Seems kind of drastic though.

BTW, for those interested in how this new "enhancement" actually plays out, it seems the housekeepers try to do all rooms on a floor in a wing at a time, so they just walk from room to room knocking on doors and entering. Sometimes at very intrusive times -- early evening, after dinner (I was at Aulani.)

And it seems they lug a huge garbage bag (full of other rooms' trash) around in your room as they empty your trash. I learned that when I walked into MY room, and was startled by a housekeeper bent over a huge garbage bag in the bedroom. There were NO indications someone was in the room (i.e. the housekeeper cart normally seen outside.) Very very dissatisfied with this...

There were NO indications someone was in the room (i.e. the housekeeper cart normally seen outside.) Very very dissatisfied with this...

Hadn't thought about that - I'd be pretty startled to have that happen.

Someone came in my room yesterday while I was out (VGC).
Different lights were on and trash had been removed. I did put all the electronics away

We will be at WDW starting Sunday for our wedding and Honeymoon. You better believe the door will be bolted shut and a nice sign taped to the outside saying JUST MARRIED, KEEP OUT.

Seriously, I would like to see a small note, card saying "your room has been serviced while you were away"

We will be at WDW starting Sunday for our wedding and Honeymoon. You better believe the door will be bolted shut and a nice sign taped to the outside saying JUST MARRIED, KEEP OUT.

Seriously, I would like to see a small note, card saying "your room has been serviced while you were away"

:teeth:

I'm doing the same, and has been doing it at all places I have been staying at. Always put the hatch on when i'm in the room. Wonder what the SOP will be if they can't access the room throughout the day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter