NEW TICKET PRICING

paults

HOME IS WHERE BWV IS
I think I got this right. My UT tickets weeks ago cost me $464.23 each for 2 (5 day PH with extra day). That came too $928.46 total for 2.

On the Disney new pricing system for a 5 day PH X 2 is $1039.44 with tax and ( with NO EXTRA DAY) starting on Sunday April 28, 2019.

It would cost me $110.98 more for the 2 ticket and not have the extra day.

Anyone know if I did this wrong??

Also did the Gold DVC pass go up $21.30??

Last edited:
New Gold pass is $609 + tax= $648.59

Walt Disney World
Pass Options
Guest Price Member Price Savings
Disney Gold Pass – New Purchase N/A $609 plus tax N/A
Disney Gold Pass – Renewal N/A $517 plus tax N/A
Disney Platinum Pass – New Purchase $894 plus tax $749 plus tax $145
Disney Platinum Pass – Renewal $759 plus tax $636 plus tax $123
Disney Platinum Plus Pass – New Purchase $994 plus tax $849 plus tax $145
Disney Platinum Plus Pass – Renewal $844 plus tax $721 plus tax $123

Michael, there the cost at WDW is $1056.92 for 2 6 day PH cost me $128.46 Not $110.98

Bill if I upgrade to GOLD DVC pass, what price do I get from the passes I have now? Cost from UT was $928.46 for 2 and cost now from Disney is $1056.92. for 2. Do the use the first or second price

Can anyone answer this for me?

I purchased AP's for DW and me which we activated October 4. These were purchased under the previous discount and had to be activated by Dec 31,2018. I believe these are gold, but I'm not completely sure. We have two more trips planned within the year, one in April and one in June.

If we were to renew these as DVC members next October, what would that cost?

Can anyone answer this for me?

I purchased AP's for DW and me which we activated October 4. These were purchased under the previous discount and had to be activated by Dec 31,2018. I believe these are gold, but I'm not completely sure. We have two more trips planned within the year, one in April and one in June.

If we were to renew these as DVC members next October, what would that cost?
When you renew, you can select any level of annual pass that you are entitled to and pay the renewal rate that's in effect at the time of renewal.

The rates in effect as of today (10/16) are:
upload_2018-10-16_11-8-27.png

What percent tax? Is tax on the discounted price or non discounted price? We will renew our platinum plus passes in January.

tax is on the price you pay, DVC Plat Plus Renewal= $721 tax is 6.5% = $767.87

Ok I bought 2 UT 6day hoppers 464.23 =928.46 To upgrade to 2 DVC Gold AP 648.59 =1297.18
So 1297.18 Minus 6 day cost now 1056.92 So 1297.18 -1056.92= 240.00 to upgrade now? Is that right or is my thinking confused.....

Last edited:
Ok I bought 2 UT 6day hoppers 464.23 =928.46 To upgrade to 2 DVC Gold AP 648.59 =1297.18
So 1297.18 Minus 6 day cost now 1056.92 So 1297.18 -1056.92= 210.00 to upgrade now? Is that right or is my thinking confused.....
It hasn't been confirmed how upgrades will be handled. When Disney added an expiration date to MYW passes, they also changed price bridging for tickets purchased before the change. They may change it again with this pricing restructure.

Prior to today, those 6-day hoppers purchased from UT this year would get priced bridged to the current gate price before calculating the cost for upgrading. So, they would have been worth $511.20. The upgrade cost would have been $627.29 - $511.20 yesterday.

It hasn't been confirmed how upgrades will be handled. When Disney added an expiration date to MYW passes, they also changed price bridging for tickets purchased before the change. They may change it again with this pricing restructure.

Prior to today, those 6-day hoppers purchased from UT this year would get priced bridged to the current gate price before calculating the cost for upgrading. So, they would have been worth $511.20. The upgrade cost would have been $627.29 - $511.20 yesterday.
Yeah that’s what I had figured yesterday never figuring they would increase AP price again in one year. So trying to figure what I will have to pay to upgrade in 2 weeks.

Yeah that’s what I had figured yesterday never figuring they would increase AP price again in one year. So trying to figure what I will have to pay to upgrade in 2 weeks.
I'm wondering whether the value applied to upgrades will be based on yesterday's gate price or the lowest 6-day price n 2019, or the gate price on the day the upgrade is done. I think it's all going to be a wait & see situation. Of course, none of that helps you today but maybe we'll have a few data points to go by before you leave.

I thought bridging was stopped last year. When we took our DS UT tickets and upgraded to an AP it wasn't bridged.

Yes that is what I’m afraid of and want to be prepared before I go. I read different posts about it and thought I had it figured out about what it would cost now am confused again....want to know when to walk away if CM is clueless

Does anyone know how long tickets are good for now? It was 14 days before this new pricing, and many of us probably remember when tickets were good forever. For example, if I buy a 4 day ticket how long is it good for? And is the first day automatically the first day of your DVC resort reservation, or can it be the second or third day?

Does anyone know how long tickets are good for now? It was 14 days before this new pricing, and many of us probably remember when tickets were good forever. For example, if I buy a 4 day ticket how long is it good for? And is the first day automatically the first day of your DVC resort reservation, or can it be the second or third day?
Looks like it varies based on the number of ticket days you purchase. Under the new system, you select from an online calendar the first date you intend to use the tickets. For a 4-day ticket, it appears as if you have 7 days to use that from the date you selected for first use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter