NEW TICKET PRICING

I did this today to check on prices for our family that's joining us on our next trip. Put in a 4 day base ticket for our travel dates in Sep. Came out to be about $372 for the tickets. Checked UT to see what 4 day base tickets go for (under the old system) - $383. Not much of a savings, but a savings nonetheless!

Parking increase - no impact as we're DVC/AP.

AP increase - no impact until 2025 as we have 4 DVC AP vouchers from 2011/12 at $447 each (Platinum equivalent). Now $798 each, a 78.6% increase since 2012.

Ticket prices - our 2020 Family GTG in Sept will now cost $1,712 for 4 sets of 6 day tics.

We're good for now.

Last edited:
A few interesting data points from the "Date Based Ticket FAQ" thread on the TPAS (see post #5):

These new tickets are not MYW tickets. They will be referred to as Walt Disney Theme Park tickets. How this will affect any upgrading of MYW tickets to additional days or APs is yet to be determined. When MYW tickets were introduced, previous tickets were still honored for whatever entitlements they held but could no longer be upgraded.

Tickets purchased as a part of a package will be valid for the length of stay even if they would have expired earlier under the new ticket rules. IOW, a 5-day pass which is supposed to be good over 8 consecutive days would be valid until the end of your 14-night stay if you book a package of that length. This does not apply to all parts of split stays.

However, tickets not purchased as a part of a package will still expire on the expected date (5-day tickets expire 8 days after first use). This applies even if the guest is staying onsite. No word on how this might affect DVC owners, who do not purchase packages but may want to stretch a ticket out over more days. DCL will be selling special 14-day expiration tickets to cruisers who bookend resort stays around their sailing but the tickets need to be purchased by calling DCL. It would be nice if DVC would do something similar for members but I'm not counting on it.

It would be nice if DVC would do something similar for members but I'm not counting on it.

That's a really interesting point. I bet it'll be a member extra limited time perk at some point. Basically they comp the flex option.. Same as for cruise passengers.

A few interesting data points from the "Date Based Ticket FAQ" thread on the TPAS (see post #5):

These new tickets are not MYW tickets. They will be referred to as Walt Disney Theme Park tickets. How this will affect any upgrading of MYW tickets to additional days or APs is yet to be determined. When MYW tickets were introduced, previous tickets were still honored for whatever entitlements they held but could no longer be upgraded.

This is the part I find unsettling. I’m on the fence about buying 6-day Park Hoppers from UT (old tickets) because there is a good chance I’ll want to upgrade them to a DVC AP in February. I’d probably save money, but not if I’m suddenly stuck with tickets that cannot be upgraded.

AP increase - no impact until 2025 as we have 4 DVC AP vouchers from 2011/12 at $447 each (Platinum equivalent). Now $798 each, a 78.6% increase since 2012.

Nice! Did you decide back then to “pre-invest” in your AP’s to lock in the pricing? I see where others have/had done similarly.

Nice! Did you decide back then to “pre-invest” in your AP’s to lock in the pricing? I see where others have/had done similarly.

Yes, it was part of our 5 year pre-retirement plan (now retired for almost 4 yrs). We also got the 10 day NE+ tickets which we have 4 park days remaining. Really wish we had picked up some more of those. Once all of our AP/Tics are used up, we will be taking a serious look at whether or not to sell our DVC.

This is the part I find unsettling. I’m on the fence about buying 6-day Park Hoppers from UT (old tickets) because there is a good chance I’ll want to upgrade them to a DVC AP in February. I’d probably save money, but not if I’m suddenly stuck with tickets that cannot be upgraded.
I called UT to clarify this point. I was told that Disney confirmed to them that the "old" MYW tickets can be upgraded. How the upgrade will be calculated is not yet determined - or publicly stated.

Yes, it was part of our 5 year pre-retirement plan (now retired for almost 4 yrs). We also got the 10 day NE+ tickets which we have 4 park days remaining. Really wish we had picked up some more of those. Once all of our AP/Tics are used up, we will be taking a serious look at whether or not to sell our DVC.
Good on ya. Enjoy.

Yes that is what I’m afraid of and want to be prepared before I go. I read different posts about it and thought I had it figured out about what it would cost now am confused again....want to know when to walk away if CM is clueless

I would pay attention to the thread Robo keeps on the themeparks board here.

So many variables and unknowns. This is going to be a nightmare for Guest Services dealing with unhappy customers who planned incorrectly!

Tickets purchased as a part of a package will be valid for the length of stay even if they would have expired earlier under the new ticket rules. IOW, a 5-day pass which is supposed to be good over 8 consecutive days would be valid until the end of your 14-night stay if you book a package of that length. This does not apply to all parts of split stays.

However, tickets not purchased as a part of a package will still expire on the expected date (5-day tickets expire 8 days after first use). This applies even if the guest is staying onsite. No word on how this might affect DVC owners, who do not purchase packages but may want to stretch a ticket out over more days. DCL will be selling special 14-day expiration tickets to cruisers who bookend resort stays around their sailing but the tickets need to be purchased by calling DCL. It would be nice if DVC would do something similar for members but I'm not counting on it.

I sent an email to member services regarding this issue since we have not seen any specific info on it. Got a call from Patrick at member services today and he confirmed that as of right now DVC members do not get the perk of tickets good for length of stay like packages. If DVC members want to extend the number of days they have to use their tickets they will need to purchase the flexible option. Voiced my displeasure with this and he told me they were getting a lot of feed back from members who felt the same way. He said they are definitely listening to member complaints and also getting some from guests who stay onsite but do not buy packages and so I would suggest that everyone email member services and complain about us not getting length of stay on our tickets. Never know, it might help to get this changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter