New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it is not.
Ok I couldn't tell. The way you framed the comment is from a different angle than I'm coming from.

If you want to see the statue of liberty and ellis island you cannot go anywhere else to see those two thing (real, official, ones that is) other than NYC.

So let's replace your comment with "What competition do they have for the group that is wanting a STATUE OF LIBERTY and ELLIS ISLAND vacation?"

IDK you're just talking about a completely different type of person than I'm talking about.

I'm still grumbling that there is no longer a WDW hotel that fits what I want out of a WDW experience, neither with the kids or just my DH. I'd take the gosh darned price increases if they'd actually provide the services I want. If the Halloween party could have been half as crowded and twice as much we'd have been screaming for WDW to take our money. That said, I LOVE Star Wars, and so does the family, so yeah, we'll be back...and due to custody next year it may have to be at Thanksgiving or Christmas #shudder.

ETA: that flex business is the worst for us, but what do you do. If they take away park hopping though - I'm done. It's my line. I worry that they will.

Last edited:
Ok I couldn't tell. The way you framed the comment is from a different angle than I'm coming from.

If you want to see the statue of liberty and ellis island you cannot go anywhere else to see those two thing (real, official, ones that is) other than NYC.

So let's replace your comment with "What competition do they have for the group that is wanting a STATUE OF LIBERTY and ELLIS ISLAND vacation?"

IDK you're just talking about a completely different type of person than I'm talking about.

I'm so confused by this post.

It may be a different person than you were talking about.
My point was, folks around here seem to forget there are people out there that are going to DISNEY, namely DISNEY world. So they sit down and plan a trip to Disney. It's not like these families can plan to go elsewhere to get that experience.
And those people, they won't stop going or go elsewhere. They may alter their trip parameters to fit a budget but they will still go. And Disney knows this and this is why, there is seemingly no cap to their price changes

as for it being a different angle than your post, I was referring to this one
That's because of first time visitors or people who aren't in the know or go too little so comparisons between trips may not mean much or in certain cases they cave and go back.
In addition to those that don't know or know too little, you can't discount those that do know and know plenty but are going because DISNEY is where they want to go.
I think they are the exact people who cave and go or go back
And yeah, they'd still go to NYC if those were their goals, no matter the cost.

Last edited:

I'm so confused by this post.
lol because the PP said what competition is there for those who want a disney vacation..if you will not do anything other than disney you're not looking at other places. Same as if you want to go see statue of liberty and ellis island. Going elsewhere to somewhere historical isn't going to be on your mind if you will not do anything other than statue of liberty and ellis island. It's the same for so many other things where the same exact 100% experience cannot be replicated elsewhere.

Those are not the type of people I was talking about in my comment the PP quoted.

lol because the PP said what competition is there for those who want a disney vacation..if you will not do anything other than disney you're not looking at other places. Same as if you want to go see statue of liberty and ellis island. Going elsewhere to somewhere historical isn't going to be on your mind if you will not do anything other than statue of liberty and ellis island. It's the same for so many other things where the same exact 100% experience cannot be replicated elsewhere.

Those are not the type of people I was talking about in my comment the PP quoted.
Why wouldn't it be? Wouldn't they be the exact people who cave and go back?

My point was, folks around here seem to forget there are people out there that are going to DISNEY, namely DISNEY world. So they sit down and plan a trip to Disney. It's not like these families can plan to go elsewhere to get that experience.
And those people, they won't stop going or go elsewhere. They may alter their trip parameters to fit a budget but they will still go. And Disney knows this and this is why, there is seemingly no cap to their price changes

as for it being a different angle than your post, I was referring to this one

In addition to those that don't know or know too little, you can't discount those that do know and know plenty but are going because DISNEY is where they want to go.
I think they are the exact people who cave and go or go back
And yeah, they'd still go to NYC if those were their goals, no matter the cost.
I know what comment of mine you were referring to. I'm sorry my comment wasn't an exhaustive one where any and all possible reasons were listed out-my apologies.

And I'm not forgetting those people and reasons. Those people are simply not the type of people I'm talking about.

Why wouldn't it be? Wouldn't they be the exact people who cave and go back?
Because they weren't the people I was talking about. Why is that an issue? That I opted to speak about a different type of clientele who goes to Disney than you are talking about? Isn't that exactly what you're commenting back to me about? I'm trying to explain my comment and you're telling me I should have been talking about a subset of people I wasn't referring to.

I fully understand the people you are talking about and I think you can def. have a discussion about those people--just not with me as that's not the people I was talking about since that's not the viewpoint I was discussing in the comment of mine you quoted :)

I know what comment of mine you were referring to. I'm sorry my comment wasn't an exhaustive one where any and all possible reasons were listed out-my apologies.

And I'm not forgetting those people and reasons. Those people are simply not the type of people I'm talking about.

Because they weren't the people I was talking about. Why is that an issue? That I opted to speak about a different type of clientele who goes to Disney than you are talking about? Isn't that exactly what you're commenting back to me about? I'm trying to explain my comment and you're telling me I should have been talking about a subset of people I wasn't referring to.

I fully understand the people you are talking about and I think you can def. have a discussion about those people--just not with me as that's not the people I was talking about since that's not the viewpoint I was discussing in the comment of mine you quoted :)
I told you that you should have been talking about someone you weren't? Where? I only commented to show my position as to why I included your post too. Evidently you take issue with it, for some reason.
I was just having a conversation but whatever. No clue why it's a point of contention and I sure never told you that you should have been agreeing with me. I have no issue with you or your comment. I was simply adding to it. Sorry it rubs you the wrong way. No worries, it won't happen again.

I have no issue with you or your comment. I was simply adding to it.
Gotcha.

When I explained what my comment was to another poster you then replied "Why wouldn't it be? Wouldn't they be the exact people who cave and go back?" I never said what should be discussed, I simply was explaining who I was personally talking about, you seemed to think I should be talking about those people that I already explained I wasn't talking about which was already explained that I wasn't talking about those types of people in my comments. Thus my subsequent comments.

No worries though it's all good.

But on the flip side they could go to other theme parks to have similar experiences. Is it exactly the same? No. No vacation is exactly the same.

Does anyone have inside knowledge on how this change will effect re-sellers like UT? Will they still be able to offer a comparable savings compared with the WDW rate?

I used to work for a reseller. Resellers sign a contract with each attraction spelling out the rate they pay the attraction for each ticket. It can be a set rate, or a discount percent off the retail price at the gate. I would guess with the daily pricing that most contracts with Disney will now be a percentage. The reseller then decides how much of that discount to pass along to their customers.

Long story short, there should be some sort of discount, but it is not guaranteed to be the same amount as it used to be.

Just saw this. If you go to the upper right it should say something about the country. Click the little globe thingy next to it, and there should be a drop-down menu of different countries. That happened to me yesterday too, and it's randomly happened before. Warning! I had to do this twice yesterday-the first time, the drop down menu didn't include the option of the US, so I just closed the website and tried again.
Thanks. I tried that but it doesn't change it. The regular site loads on other browsers but it won't load the whole page

Thanks. I tried that but it doesn't change it. The regular site loads on other browsers but it won't load the whole page

One day about a week ago Disney wouldn't let me off of the Canadian site, even though I'm in the US and never purposely switched. I would use the dropdown box to change to US, and it would just refresh and be CA again. I even manually removed the .CA from the address and it would re-add it. I had to switch to an incognito browser, and that worked. Then, randomly, the regular browser switched back to the US site. :confused3

But on the flip side they could go to other theme parks to have similar experiences. Is it exactly the same? No. No vacation is exactly the same.
Yes, which I acknowledge, if A THEME park is your destination. Matter of fact, I venture to guess, if it's a theme park you want, it's probably thrill rides too. Disney wouldn't be high on a list of someone that is after thrill rides.
Y'all must not know the types of families with kids that go to DGD's school. These families plan trips to DISNEY. I know, I am asked for advice every time I go to the school.
Not trips to any theme park. Disney is their destination and they use part of their vacation time and budget to go there. These kids are going to meet/see Mickey/Minnie, princesses. And maybe get in a ride or two. If rides alone are what they want, at a theme park, we have one of those 5 min away.
And these are the families that will go, no matter what price Disney puts on their tickets/resorts, etc. They don't even follow the prices enough to know they've changed as much as they have. They don't care, they are going to Disney. I guess that just isn't making sense though, no one is getting it. It's ok though

Yes, which I acknowledge, if A THEME park is your destination. Matter of fact, I venture to guess, if it's a theme park you want, it's probably thrill rides too. Disney wouldn't be high on a list of someone that is after thrill rides.
Y'all must not know the types of families with kids that go to DGD's school. These families plan trips to DISNEY. I know, I am asked for advice every time I go to the school.
Not trips to any theme park. Disney is their destination and they use part of their vacation time and budget to go there. These kids are going to meet/see Mickey/Minnie, princesses. And maybe get in a ride or two. If rides alone are what they want, at a theme park, we have one of those 5 min away.
I completely understand. I was just throwing it out there that there are other theme park destinations one could go to. Disney is almost always the first choice and like you said specifically WDW.

I booked a bounce back and upgraded to the regular Dining plan , over Labor Day weekend. I booked next year for the same time frame because wanted to see if the ticket prices would be less expensive since it is a considered low season.
Well I was presently surprised to see that my package would of been $12. more! LOL
I also am realizing that they will probably increase dining plan and rooms by next year.

I'm still grumbling that there is no longer a WDW hotel that fits what I want out of a WDW experience, neither with the kids or just my DH. I'd take the gosh darned price increases if they'd actually provide the services I want. If the Halloween party could have been half as crowded and twice as much we'd have been screaming for WDW to take our money. That said, I LOVE Star Wars, and so does the family, so yeah, we'll be back...and due to custody next year it may have to be at Thanksgiving or Christmas #shudder.

ETA: that flex business is the worst for us, but what do you do. If they take away park hopping though - I'm done. It's my line. I worry that they will.
You mean no longer sell a PH ticket? I can't imagine how that would benefit them. It will only serve to hurt them. It would completely counter what they "claim" they are trying to do, spread guests out.
Why do you think this is even something they would consider?

You might consider clearing out your cookies and browings history and cache just to be on the safe side. Sometimes that corrects the issue (other times it's just IT issues in general).

This. Mechanically speaking, there's nothing all that original or special about most of the rides at Disney (yes there are some exceptions). So, as far as rides, you can get that experience anywhere else for a fraction of the price. And Disney certainly isn't the only theme park that offers characters, shows, parades, and/or themeing (though I would argue they're probably the best at it). What they have the market on is... Disney. It's *the* theme park for all of those who have grown up/are growing up, watching Disney movies. It's the nostalgic/emotional connection that makes Disney what it is.

And these are the families that will go, no matter what price Disney puts on their tickets/resorts, etc. They don't even follow the prices enough to know they've changed as much as they have. They don't care, they are going to Disney. I guess that just isn't making sense though, no one is getting it. It's ok though
I totally get it. I WAS that person.

Now, I'm not.

"When the pain of what you're doing becomes greater than any pleasure you get out of it, you'll quit."

The pain became greater than the pleasure. Others' thresholds will vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter