New tickets with entry time at noon.

Saw that too. It would be nice is dvc or passholders got an extra percentage off.

Description said FP+ 30 days in advance. Wonder if an on site stay using those tickets would still be 60 days in advance?

From www.wdwinfo.com :

Starting today, August 15th, 2019, Walt Disney World guests have a new ticket-only offer that focuses on the fall season available to them. The “Mid-Day Magic Ticket,” allows guests to enter a theme park at 12pm. 2, 3, and 4 day Mid-Day Magic tickets are available, and dates begin on or before December 15th, 2019.

• 2-Day Mid-Day Magic Ticket: Valid for admission after 12 p.m. 2-day Mid-Day Magic Tickets are available from $88 per day plus tax (from $176 total plus tax) and expire four (4) days after the selected start date.
  • 3-Day Mid-Day Magic Ticket: Valid for admission to after 12 p.m. 3-day Mid-Day Magic tickets are available from $84 per day plus tax (from $252 total plus tax) and expire five (5) days after the selected start date.
  • 4-Day Mid-Day Magic Ticket: Valid for admission after 12 p.m. 4-day Mid-Day Magic tickets are available from $79 per day plus tax (from $316 total plus tax) and expire seven (7) days after the selected start date.
Guests who use the Mid-Day Magic ticket options can utilize FastPass+ for the afternoon and evening hours on their park days, up to 30 days in advance.

Park Hopper and Park Hopper Plus options are available to be added to the Mid-Day Magic ticket. With the Park Hopper Plus option, guest admission to the Disney water parks and other activities and experiences is allowed after 12:00pm.

I guess Disney is trying to spread out all the guests so were not all packed in like sardines. HA HA

Good marketing gimmick/tool for shorter hours, to try and spread out crowds.
I think it will actually increase the crowds during the day when those people that used to come in the morning, leave mid day will now perhaps come at the new noon open and it ll be even busier??
If it works for some, good by me but nothing I’d consider.

My guess is they're trying to spread out the crowds and they'll keep extra extra magic hours at SW:GE (6-9am) and also the super early magic hours at MK as well, and this will help folks choose which part of the day they'll go.

Works for me, since we are early risers anyway - hopefully the crowds will be even lower in the mornings.

These are awesome. We are the folks who don't get to any park before 2-3pm and then just cram everything in. This offsets the extra we thought the tickets would cost us since there isn't an active Canadian Resident discount right now.

We have family with us after our cruise who don’t have tickets. We thought staying at bcv would be enough. Now this might be an option for them. 6 of us are passholders and have different plans. They could zip over to F&W now for 2 days.

Limited to 4 days? That wouldn't work for my traveling parties simply because of that.

Plus, I'm a morning person, not necessarily rope drop early, but usually by 9 to 9:30. I'd be out and about early, and if the rest of the group wanted to meet up later, that would be fine with the afternoon tickets, but then there is still that 4 day max. More than 4 days, if you'd need to buy a 4 day and 2 day for example, it is cheaper to buy a 6 day base ticket, and have all day.

Limited to 4 days? That wouldn't work for my traveling parties simply because of that.

Plus, I'm a morning person, not necessarily rope drop early, but usually by 9 to 9:30. I'd be out and about early, and if the rest of the group wanted to meet up later, that would be fine with the afternoon tickets, but then there is still that 4 day max. More than 4 days, if you'd need to buy a 4 day and 2 day for example, it is cheaper to buy a 6 day base ticket, and have all day.

The numbers still work out that way? I haven't looked at ticket cost comparisons since our trip in April but at that time it was not necessarily working out the way it used to but we had one family member with few days in the park and a break in the middle. It made tickets more complicated than they really should ever have become IMO.

It definitely would work for our friends’ December trip, if park hopper. Where can I see those prices? All adults, no need to do everything!!

For an extra $30/day, I would rather perk hop. The mornings tend to be less crowded anyway so we fp’ed for the afternoon.... thankfully! Looks like PM will get way more crowded going forward!

The numbers still work out that way? I haven't looked at ticket cost comparisons since our trip in April but at that time it was not necessarily working out the way it used to but we had one family member with few days in the park and a break in the middle. It made tickets more complicated than they really should ever have become IMO.
For a 6 park day trip, beginning Dec 4

6 days Mid Day tickets - 4 days @ $315.87 2 days @ $172.69 = $488.56 + tax
6 day base ticket beginning Dec 4 = $450.21 plus tax

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter