New to parks, where to eat at Animal Kingdom?

Tulip2796

Mouseketeer
Hi, we are new to the parks but live driving distance away so we got annual passes. We are going to AK soon and I was hoping for suggestions for where to eat there. We were there for a few hours 2 weeks ago and grabbed dinner at one of the quick service places but it was just ok. We plan to spend a whole day at AK soon and would like some better food. We are 2 adults and 2 kids. Thanks everyone!

Tiffins for a more upscale experience - Nomad Lounge is attached and also very good.

Tusker House for a good breakfast and character meal.

Flame Tree BBQ for quick service, or Satu'li Canteen in Pandora (one of the best QS at WDW)

I also like the options at Harambe Marketplace.

Yak and Yeti quick service is ok, and I've yet to try Yak and Yeti table service, but it's on the agenda for our upcoming trip. (it's just one of those places I end up booking and cancelling as trip planning progresses, but I'm committed this time around, LOL!!)

We have planned:

Yak & Yeti TS dinner
Flame Tree BBQ or Satu’li Canteen for QS lunch depending on which is closest!

For a quick meal, we like Flame Tree BBQ and Satu'li Canteen. We enjoyed our dinner at Tusker House the last time we were there, but our kids are older and character meals are no longer really worth the cost for us.

We enjoy breakfast at TH and lunch at Rainforest Cafe. Have never been to Pizzafari but are trying it next Monday since they offer dairy free pizza for my family members with allergies and I can let you know how it is unless that is a place you have already been to.

Another vote for Nomad lounge. Ate there twice during my visit last month. The A/C was heavenly during hot days. I had no ADR's, anywhere for the entire week (loved not being tied down to one and they don't take them so I had an equal chance as anyone to be seated). They accept TIW discounts. AND they have flavored unsweetened iced tea (sealed the deal--hard to find at WDW--and they gave me a to-go cup full both visits). I ate at a side seating table by myself one visit and sat by myself at the large communal table one visit. There was a party of 4 that came in and sat next to me at the communal table. One lady was clearly disturbed by the communal arrangement and kept itching for a side table to open up and move their group. I would suggest not bothering to sit at a communal table at all if this bothers you at all, it's uncomfortable for everyone. But, if communal dining appeals to you and your able to chat a bit with strangers, then this might appeal to you.

For CS I also eat at Flame Tree BBQ (mobile ordering accepted). Usually, I eat behind the building overlooking the river and Expedition Everest. But, this last trip I got it to-go and they covered it in foil so I could take it into the ROL stadium to sit and eat while waiting for the show to start. I either get the combo platter or the pork covered mac-n-cheese (really good).

Haven't tried Satu'li Canteen yet, maybe next month.

In the past we've enjoyed flame tree bbq but we tried Satuli canteen this past trip and that will likely be our new go to!

Last edited:
Good news for you is Animal Kingdom is without question the best park to eat in. From a quick service perspective Satuli Canteen is probably the best QS on property. They have amazing bowls that you can customize to your own taste. We also really love Flame Tree BBQ, which has my favorite onion rings in the world.

For a sit down meal we love Yak N Yeti. If you sign up online for a Landrys card you don't even have to have a reservation and can walk up when you are hungry and be seated right away. Their egg rolls, tuna nachos, and cream cheese wontons for dessert are some of my favorites.

As others have suggestion Nomads Lounge is also its only little disney version of paradise. They have amazing drinks and appetizers direct from the neighboring Tiffins. You will be right in the middle of the action but feel away from it all.

Last edited:
Good news for you is Animal Kingdom is without question the best park to eat in. From a quick service perspective Skippers Canteen is probably the best QS on property. They have amazing bowls that you can customize to your own taste. We also really love Flame Tree BBQ, which has my favorite onion rings in the world.

You're confusing me with your post and I don't want others confused too. Skippers Canteen is in MK and is not QS. I think you meant Satu'li Canteen as the QS in AK? But, don't want to speak for you either.

We've enjoyed Tusker House for a late breakfast and Yak and Yeti for dinner. We're going to try Satuli Canteen during our upcoming trip and after this thread, I think I'd like to try a drink at Nomad Lounge.

Good news for you is Animal Kingdom is without question the best park to eat in. From a quick service perspective Satuli Canteen is probably the best QS on property. They have amazing bowls that you can customize to your own taste. .
I totally agree. Satuli Canteen is my fave QS on property. It truly is the most delicious, fresh, and healthiest option out there. The bowls are outstanding. I love the chicken potato hash (its a mix of regular and sweet potato) with herb dressing. So good!

Satuli was great - you have a lot of options to customize your bowl with exactly what you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!