New to parks, where to eat at Animal Kingdom?

If you enjoy cocktails, Nomad Lounge is a must-do - that's one of the very few places on property I say that about - other places I will just "recommend." Nomad has their own small plates menu or you can order from Tiffin's menu. The cocktails and ambiance are fantastic at Nomad.

LOVE Flame Tree BBQ and Satuli Canteen. Yak & Yeti for lunch or dinner is really yummy. Tusker House is good, but $$$ for the quality of food and character interaction, I think (though we don't have kids, so YMMV).

Everyone says satu'li canteen, but frankly we were terribly unimpressed. The place was INSANELY crowded and messy. Like disgustingly messy. Food on the floor. Drink dispensers wet, sticky messes. We had to circle for a seat. Luckily we mobile ordered so the wait wasn't bad for food...except they messed up the order and we had to wait while they fixed it. The food was okay. No better than the bowls they have been serving for a looooooooong time at Pecos Bill's (I like the PB bowl a little better).

We will stick to our favorite, Flame Tree, for the future.

Satu'li is our must do (I would eat it every day down there if it were convenient), and I like it even more now with some of the recent changes. Also, on really hot days Nomad lounge is really nice, even if you are doing non-alcoholic drinks.

Nomad has their own small plates menu or you can order from Tiffin's menu.

FYI, for others reading...Nomad offers a 'limited' Tiffins menu. Mostly their appetizers & a few other items the server will point out. So, if you're wanting to 'try Tiffins' then you'll need to try Tiffins.

I'm a fan of Nomad & a server shared with me & I will share with you, there are a few electrical outlets around to charge up while there, but the hostess check in at Tiffins has a charging station. They had apple & android plugs but not the latest type C plug (odd to me since they haven't been there long). I happened to have an adapter plug on me. They give you a claim ticket for your phone & you can enjoy your visit while your phone's being charged. This is for both Tiffins & Nomad customers, & honestly I think so you'll put your phone down for an hour.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!