New to Run Disney

chromas

Earning My Ears
Hi!
I’m hoping to purchase 4 entries for a 2025 year race (will see what races avail when they open them up). Would be either 4 5k entries or 3 5k entries and 1 child entry.
What’s the best/least expensive way to do this?
—purchase on day registration opens? (From what I’ve read, this seems difficult bc they sell out too fast)
—purchase race registrations on EBay?
—purchase 2 avail Silver Memberships right now, so I can get early access to buy 2 platinum memberships when they come avail (which if I’m reading it correctly, would then grant me access to the 2024-2025 year races)

Thanks in advance!

I think a lot of discussion will be covered in the CrD thread but I should just make it clear here that you can’t buy RD bibs on ebay or other resellers. I’m not sure that’s something that happens for any major race at this point but I’m sure if it is it’s heavily frowned upon. Can’t do a transfer either, when you check in you have to provide ID to get your bibs.

The best and least expensive way is to be ready and register as soon as it opens. As you saw from the responses on the Club thread, membership won't help unless everyone buys a membership. If can have at least one other party member attempting to register as well, that will increase your odds. Do your research and follow the advice on this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...-sell-out-timing.3844193/page-2#post-63173194
Start with the first race weekend that opens up, and if you get shut out, try for the next one. I would guess you'll get lucky for at least one of them.

You can register other people at the same time, but you don't "hold" the spots until you've checked out, so there is a risk of the race selling out before you finish. However, if you register separately, there's the risk that some will get in and others won't. So have the group discussion and set expectations accordingly: It is all or nothing? Or is it okay if some get in and some don't?

look at past weekend threads because @DopeyBadger usually has a list of historic sellout timeouts. these would give you some idea how much time you have to complete a purchase process.

say a 5k sells out in 30 minutes, and you join the queue and happen to gain access fast,say 10 minutes in and hence leaving you reasonably 20 minutes to try to complete the process of adding all bibs to your cart. then it might be doable...but as was said,just because you added bib to cart doesn't mean you purchased it..not until the credit card is processed at the end.

so prepare yourself with all info like names addresses, birthdays,etc and look at past posts to see what kind of inputs you have to make, i know @DopeyBadger listed screenshots before of the entire process and all you have to fill in.

Alternatively you can try to sign up everyone through a charity but expect to pay extra because they have minimum fundraising limits. and as said,you CANNOT buy a bib elsewhere or transfer from someone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter