new to this park

nancycels

Mouseketeer
am an old hand at WDW, but wondered if ticket prices were similar here? also what do you think about staying off site? we were considering including dis in our vacation, and will have a car (watch out world! my husband has never driven on the other side of the road...<g>) we are starting out in italy and staying in europe for 2 weeks. thanks all! (btw, have no small kids, just 4 adults)

Hi nancycels, welcome to DLP! Ticket prices are definitely cheaper for DLP than WDW, so you should notice the first difference there, and they are seasonal, so it depends which time of year you go as to what you pay (at the quieter time of the year, when it is cheaper, hours are a fair bit shorter, though). There is a greater benefit to being onsite here, though, IMHO. The wonderful convenience of being able to walk everywhere from a Disney hotel is really worthwhile and I think you will get more out of your visit by staying onsite. However, there are a number of cheaper hotels not too far away if you are happy driving or using the RER line, while Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch is also a good option for car users.

Hi Nancy :)

Just wondering where you come from as the Italians and French drive on the same side of the road as USA - it is the Brits that drive on the left side :)

That's not to say the French and Italian driving doesn't take some getting used to however ;) !!

I would also recommend staying on-site for your trip to DLP :)

nancycels,
I definately recommend staying on-site. It is great being able to walk to the parks and shops. We stayed at the Newport Bay CLub in Feb.
Tickets prices are about a third cheaper than they are at WDW in the prime season for DLP.
Have a great trip.

Hi!

@Nancycels: You also get a much better service, better breakfast, etc for your money at a Disney Hotel as in a Hotel in Paris.

When you go to Paris it is a much better idea to leave your car at Disney and take the train into town.

Have a great time in Europe!:wave:

I have to say that I would much perfer to stay in Paris while touring Paris. At least from my point of view the hotels are much better priced.in Paris that in DLP. For example my friend is staying at a 4 star hotel in St. Germain for 108 Euros a night. Plus all the DLP packages I see include park passes which means you are paying for passes while you are actually in Paris. Now if you are only seeing DLP stay there! On my trip I just moved from Paris to DLP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!