New TV , yes or no?

The dealer that my son sold cars at used their internet/business office as a lead generator. The deal still went to one of the sales people for handling. He learned a lot about people during his time there, most of it was negative.

My worry is that they are suffering. If i am willing to purchase a 50k doller truck. And they say they are open, but i cant get anywhere on the phone, i internet or email with them. They could just be doing it to stay isolated, i get that. But then they should close. This is the same at all 3 dealers. And they are allowed to have test drives etc. Oh well. I think they layed off all there staff and leave it up to you to purchase off the internet with no haggling or anything else. I can buy it sight unseen at the MSRP, no rebates, but why in the world whould i do that? Unless i had no choice.

I'm debating what I do when my truck needs replacing. I just priced out a new F350 just like my current one. $75,000 and that was after the $5500 dealer "discount".

I'm debating selling everything and looking for a used diesel pusher. That's dependent on what I end up doing in 8 years when I retire. Beach condo and keep the current camper or MH and someplace south further away from the beach. If I go the beach condo route, I'm strongly considering the PAHunter path.

View attachment 491527

$45,000, 347,000 miles so MANY, MANY more to go. This is one for sale near me. 2016 Volvo 670. These can be had for under $40k depending on age and mileage. That is a fraction of a new F350 and it will easily go twice the miles.

We'll see. It depends on how long my current truck lasts before I lose confidence in taking long trips.

j

Must be a new hood, no hood mirror on drivers side. But yes one can do a class 8 truck for a lot less than a new dually and there is not a trailer out there it can not pull. Comfort, and visibility are great. Our has the workstation that we can eat lunch in the truck and then it also makes in to a bed.

Sounds like hubby and I...do we "need" a new TV?
Our 06 suburban has 210K on it and I want to keep it one more year as long as it still tows to Disney...but if we get some more trips planned, we may be better off with something a bit newer (meaning finding a 2500 unicorn) .
The suburban will tow the hybrid, but it sure isn't a popup.

I got them down to 48k now lol. Bit they still have not given me a trade in price, they said next week. This is the absolute craziest experience buying a new car. I have never seen anything like it.

We may be joining you. I am keeping my ol burban until the 300K mark but we will be getting a decently used 2500 Sierra before our next trip. We plan on paying cash for half at least so we will be in the under $15K range. I hope prices stay where they are but it may change in the next 6 months.

With everything thats going on right now I can see how a test drive might not be practical. All the dealers around here are on limited services. Its likely that whatever sales people they have dont work every day.

Depends on your state. In GA you can go for a proper test drive and then eat at a crowded Waffle House with no mask on!

Last edited:
well ive dne it now, lol! Now to figure out how to use it! Oh, and adjust the tow hitch!

Now that's a sharp ride. My 2011 3500HD is hanging tough on the drive train. Some minor things like the radio acting up and some cosmetic blemishes here and there are my biggest gripes. Though my wife has asked numerous times why I'm not interested in the 2020 models. I love my current truck. Can't part with it yet. Only has 99k on it.

I'm not sure what I hit my head on that I'm not jumping on her suggestion.

Update!
This truck kicks ***. Its the chuck norris of pick up trucks.
What i like-
Tows a small camper with easy.
I can go 65 70 and no worries. It has power to pass and stop easier at these speeds. My 1500 could tow 65 ish, but it was best around 60. This truck is 70 and you dont know its moving.
Its bigger.
So i have more room in the bed, and in the cab. The windshield is bigger also, so i can see better at 6'6. When i put the back up camera on the dash i can see around it.
Its safer.
More air bags, better suspention wider wheel base. And much bigger factory added tow mirrors. I can see easy now switching lanes. Its 100x better then the add on mirrors i had. Addtionally, it has a lane change detector, and front and rear parking sensores.
The camra.
OMG. Backing up is so easy to hook up the TT. It has a guide line to get you perfetly lined up and a down veiw when your close so you ball is where you want it. It also activates a electric e break so no rolling forward or back.
The computer system.
It had a tow mode for the camper and sets the gain and saves it. Addtionally, it has tow millage with the camper you select. It has a checklist of stuff to do and has an automatic light check, it activates them you walk around.
The cons,
Seat isnt as confterble as the old one.
The computer system, its a con also as sometimes its confusing and wonkey.
Its high, yes real high. So i need the back bumper step, its not a want , even at 6'6" i need a step.
Hard to see close stuff over the hood, but thats why you have front parking assist.

Oh , and it has a nice 110 outlet in the bed. Supost to be big volts. I have to check ot out soon. Ill hook up a pankake compresser and see what happens.

Ok , so i like it a lot.

Update!
This truck kicks ***. Its the chuck norris of pick up trucks.
It's too bad you didn't get the Ford. Then you could have had the incredible hulk of trucks. :rotfl2: :duck:

Really though. Glad you like it. The new trucks really are packed with some cool stuff. And be careful of the height. My old F350 wasn't a 4X4 and cleared the parking garage at work by about 2 inches. The new truck is a 4X4 and the manual says it is 1 inch taller. I clear all the beams in the garage except one beam in one lane. Don't ask how I know.

j

I think the engien is desined around the Corvette. So its a 6.6 gasser i think.

It's too bad you didn't get the Ford. Then you could have had the incredible hulk of trucks. :rotfl2: :duck:

I DID warn you that the Ford guys would be JEALOUS didn't I?

giphy.gif

It's to be expected. Just wait till I turn 300K miles on my Suburban! OML they'll come out of the woodwork then.

But be gentle with them. It's a hard life being a Ford owner. All the "what if's" and "what could have been's". There is a reconciliation taking place in their minds....

So be patient. Be gentle. Be understanding.

They're actually asking for forgiveness........

giphy.gif

Go easy. They are ACTUALLY asking for a way BACK to the Chevy/GM world. You are a beacon of light showing them the way. :littleangel:

Bama Ed

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts