• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

!New Twitter account to handle all the #CastCompliments guests send in!

The account says it is unofficial. You may as well keep tweeting the official account @WDWToday with your compliments.

ETA hyperlink to account. If you click on tweets and replies you can see that they handle #castcompliment s all of the time.

Last edited:
It isn't Disney affiliated, nor the official account (says right in the bio). I'll continue using the @WDW official account and #castcompliment to get it where it needs to be.

Would rather use the official since I have spoken with CMs who say they are indeed recognized when tweeted on the official site.
Agreed. And if I need to tag the official WDW twitter handle in my tweet, anyway, I'm going to directly tweet them, not go through a middle-man looking for attention.

Agreed. And if I need to tag the official WDW twitter handle in my tweet, anyway, I'm going to directly tweet them, not go through a middle-man looking for attention.
Agreed . I tweeted/emailed directly to them on our last trip with cast compliments. Got a tweet back with a picture of one of the cast members I mentioned with a certificate with my tweet.

Agreed . I tweeted/emailed directly to them on our last trip with cast compliments. Got a tweet back with a picture of one of the cast members I mentioned with a certificate with my tweet.
Me, too! It made me so happy to see they really were recognized.

Me, too! It made me so happy to see they really were recognized.
Same here. In our case it was the waitress we had for breakfast at Crystal Palace . I'm sure that is not an easy gig but she was great.

Okay, it's official. I need to learn to use Twitter!!
Ugh, me too! I have an account, but am not competent.

Anyone have a recommendation for a tutorial? Especially one that compares functions of multiple social media - I am forever confused...

Some of us choose not to use social media. I'll stick to an email or writing it out on paper. Don't tweet now. Don't plan to later.

Ugh, me too! I have an account, but am not competent.

Anyone have a recommendation for a tutorial? Especially one that compares functions of multiple social media - I am forever confused...
Ever send a text message? Twitter is just like that except anyone can see what you sent. When you "tweet" to someone they and anyone else that cares to look can see it. There are some nuances with privacy flags and such but that's the basic idea.

The account says it is unofficial. You may as well keep tweeting the official account @WDWToday with your compliments.

ETA hyperlink to account. If you click on tweets and replies you can see that they handle #castcompliment s all of the time.
WDWToday has silently moved away to @WDWGuestService.

WDWToday has not been active for a few weeks.
~NM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter