New "Ultimate Nights" tour that skips Pandora lines

I booked for my Mom and I, and we're thrilled. We're planning to start the day at DHS with TSMM, ToT and RnRR single-rider for me, then over to Epcot for lunch and TT via single-rider, and hopefully we can grab a Soarin' FP+ or walk on before we head to AK for this tour. I'm looking forward to getting to hit all the attractions at AK without having my nose constantly stuck in my phone on MDE checking wait times and trying to get FP+s while zig-zagging back and forth across the park ... we can take in all that AK and it's environs have to offer.

With the AP discount, it's roughly equal to one hour of a private VIP guide that could possibly give us the same access, albeit at one park only.

Didn't bat an eye at the cost. Someone up-thread mentioned that waiting an hour or two for FoP isn't a big deal - maybe to that person, but I'm not waiting two hours for anything short of a spaceship that is going to save me from an impending asteroid or something impacting my immediate livelihood. I'm certainly not wasting two hours waiting in line for a five-minute ride.

If Disney institutes this at all parks at roughly the same price-point with a meal and equivalent number of headliners involved, I'll book one every time. If you could pay $265 and guarantee to hit PP, SDMT, BTMM, Space, Splash, HM, Pirates and/or Jungle Cruise (and eventually Tron Coaster) in 4.5 hours including 35 minutes or so for a meal, would you not consider it?

It really comes down to money or time. Disney is selling an opportunity to save time which seems to be very valuable to many people. I'd rather skip the item entirely but that's just me.

I still see this as a failure on Disney's part. They are unable to keep up with demand and lately I wonder if they even try.

I booked for my Mom and I, and we're thrilled. We're planning to start the day at DHS with TSMM, ToT and RnRR single-rider for me, then over to Epcot for lunch and TT via single-rider, and hopefully we can grab a Soarin' FP+ or walk on before we head to AK for this tour. I'm looking forward to getting to hit all the attractions at AK without having my nose constantly stuck in my phone on MDE checking wait times and trying to get FP+s while zig-zagging back and forth across the park ... we can take in all that AK and it's environs have to offer.

With the AP discount, it's roughly equal to one hour of a private VIP guide that could possibly give us the same access, albeit at one park only.

Didn't bat an eye at the cost. Someone up-thread mentioned that waiting an hour or two for FoP isn't a big deal - maybe to that person, but I'm not waiting two hours for anything short of a spaceship that is going to save me from an impending asteroid or something impacting my immediate livelihood. I'm certainly not wasting two hours waiting in line for a five-minute ride.

If Disney institutes this at all parks at roughly the same price-point with a meal and equivalent number of headliners involved, I'll book one every time. If you could pay $265 and guarantee to hit PP, SDMT, BTMM, Space, Splash, HM, Pirates and/or Jungle Cruise (and eventually Tron Coaster) in 4.5 hours including 35 minutes or so for a meal, would you not consider it?

honestly, no I wouldn't as that is just too much money for me, when I can manage FPs and accomplish the same thing in roughly the same time on my own - though I am also looking at this as a family of 5. If it was just my wife and I and we were doing a quickie weekend or something, then maybe - but still, that is over $500 fo us PLUS park tickets as we are not AP holders. I also feel it isn't *that* hard to get on FoP without a crazy wait even without a FP (if you can do ropedrop) or go mid afternoon and enjoy the time in the queue as the queue is amazing.

But if you have the money and don't want to wait 90 mins (despite the queue being great) then more power to you and I hope there are some extras/behind the scenes/unique stuff to it as well

I think that might be the kicker for those VIP type tours. Are you just paying for yourself? Even having to pay for a second person rises the price astronomically, not to mention paying for a family.

Someone up-thread mentioned that waiting an hour or two for FoP isn't a big deal - maybe to that person, but I'm not waiting two hours for anything short of a spaceship that is going to save me from an impending asteroid or something impacting my immediate livelihood. I'm certainly not wasting two hours waiting in line for a five-minute ride.

I'd just assume wait until the hype dies down when you can get a fast pass for free. Rather than throwing away hundreds or thousands (assuming similar programs are offered in all parks: $250 x 4 parks x number of people in your party) to power through the parks in record time, I'd rather take that money and extend my stay so that I can relax, take my time and enjoy the scenery. Different strokes I suppose.

I'd just assume wait until the hype dies down when you can get a fast pass for free. Rather than throwing away hundreds or thousands (assuming similar programs are offered in all parks: $250 x 4 parks x number of people in your party) to power through the parks in record time, I'd rather take that money and extend my stay so that I can relax, take my time and enjoy the scenery. Different strokes I suppose.

absolutely - and probably also is impacted by how often you visit. If WDW is something you only do every 5 years and you have the $ then maybe it makes more sense than someone who travels once or twice a year and can wait until "the next trip" to hit up something

I think that might be the kicker for those VIP type tours. Are you just paying for yourself? Even having to pay for a second person rises the price astronomically, not to mention paying for a family.

I was thinking the same thing. Paying for one or two people might sound ok but when you multiply that times a family of let's say 4, yikes! :scared:

She forgot to mention that she plans to set the parks on fire before she starts going on the rides...

Is that why a $265 fastpass for a $100 park makes sense?

..I'm getting dizzy in this revolving door

Well, when you put it like that....

Even worse when you look at it like as day 4 of a 5 day pass......

For $100 you get all day access to the park. But if you want to ride FOP you have to either 1) be there 1 hour before opening 2) book a FP 60 days out 3) wait in line anywhere from 60-180 mins.

Or..... Pay $365 for the day and get the same as above, but skip #3?

I'll respectfully decline. Unless it comes with a cabana......

Well, when you put it like that....

Even worse when you look at it like as day 4 of a 5 day pass......

For $100 you get all day access to the park. But if you want to ride FOP you have to either 1) be there 1 hour before opening 2) book a FP 60 days out 3) wait in line anywhere from 60-180 mins.

Or..... Pay $365 for the day and get the same as above, but skip #3?

I'll respectfully decline. Unless it comes with a cabana......

Problem there is that cabanas are for Jackwagons...

It's...an...AMUSEMENT...park...

...not the George V

Problem there is that cabanas are for Jackwagons...

It's...an...AMUSEMENT...park...

...not the George V

OK. Fine. But if it comes with unlimited ice cream bars............And perhaps a view of ROL from a steamboat that's really too far away to even tell what's going on, with popcorn and drinks....

OK. Fine. But if it comes with unlimited ice cream bars............And perhaps a view of ROL from a steamboat that's really too far away to even tell what's going on, with popcorn and drinks....

You're right...I take every opinion I've ever had back and ask that disney only charge me whatever they wish to boost the stock for declining quality of product...

I see the value in paying for rides, and it may be worth it for a one-time trip where you may not return for 10 years. For me, I'll survive if I could and don't see Flight of Passage. Particularly when going with family, it's just not feasible to pay that much for a single day no matter what the benefits are.

I'm going in November, so I can't wait to let you all know what happens!!! I'm working Over Time at work, so get the money to afford this. It's my 30th birthday, and I haven't been blessed with any kids or a husband, so this is more feasible for me. I couldn't get Fast Passes, even at the 60 day mark, and the last time I went to WDW, I killed my feet for how much I did. This will give me an ENTIRE morning off, so I can keep going!!

Enjoy and please report back. We are planning on doing this next July if it is still available by then. DH, DD, her friend, and I went on the ultimate thrills tour this last July and had a blast:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!