New Vendor Drop-Off Policy? Update: CONFIRMED exclusive drop off vendor = Scooterbug

Buena Vista Rentals Announces New Delivery System and Schedule for Disney World

From disneyfoodblog.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Buena Vista Rentals, which is a popular company that provides many park guests with ECV (electronic convenience vehicles), strollers, and other equipment, is making some operational changes.

And these changes could impact your next trip to Disney World!

This new policy has been made for all third party stroller rental companies. Guests will now need to pick up their strollers in person when choosing to rent. The only way that a stroller can be left at the front desk without the guest being present is if they choose to book through Disney’s preferred service — ScooterBug.

Due to this policy change, Buena Vista Rentals has announced they’ll be moving into a new drop-off and pick-up schedule that will go into effect for all NEW reservations made starting Thursday, November 3rd. (Any reservations booked before this date will not be affected by this schedule change.)

They are referring to this new structure of their service as a “meet and greet” system on their website. Due to recent changes in Disney World’s policies regarding outside rental agencies, Buena Vista Rentals will no longer be able to pick-up or drop-off your rental with the bellman of your resort, but instead must deliver your equipment to you, in person. Therefore, Buena Vista Rentals will be dividing the Disney World resorts into 5 zones/routes, and each route will do “meet and greets” three times daily.

buena-vista-rentals-new-schedule-disney-world.jpg

Buena Vista Rentals has stated that guests choosing the late meet and greet time will not be charged for the first day of rental, and “…if they get their scooter the day they arrive they can take advance of a free evening of renting a scooter.”

Buena Vista Rentals Announces New Delivery System and Schedule for Disney World
By Janelle Sheetz 2 Comments

Buena Vista Rentals, which is a popular company that provides many park guests with ECV (electronic convenience vehicles), strollers, and other equipment, is making some operational changes.

Main Street, USA
And these changes could impact your next trip to Disney World!

This new policy has been made for all third party stroller rental companies. Guests will now need to pick up their strollers in person when choosing to rent. The only way that a stroller can be left at the front desk without the guest being present is if they choose to book through Disney’s preferred service — ScooterBug.

Animal Kingdom Test Strollers

Due to this policy change, Buena Vista Rentals has announced they’ll be moving into a new drop-off and pick-up schedule that will go into effect for all NEW reservations made starting Thursday, November 3rd. (Any reservations booked before this date will not be affected by this schedule change.)

The Tree of Life

They are referring to this new structure of their service as a “meet and greet” system on their website. Due to recent changes in Disney World’s policies regarding outside rental agencies, Buena Vista Rentals will no longer be able to pick-up or drop-off your rental with the bellman of your resort, but instead must deliver your equipment to you, in person. Therefore, Buena Vista Rentals will be dividing the Disney World resorts into 5 zones/routes, and each route will do “meet and greets” three times daily.

New Buena Vista Rentals Delivery Schedule
Buena Vista Rentals has stated that guests choosing the late meet and greet time will not be charged for the first day of rental, and “…if they get their scooter the day they arrive they can take advance of a free evening of renting a scooter.”

They also recommend that if you need your scooter earlier or later than the meet and greet time at your resort, you could meet them at one of the nearby resorts instead — for instance, if someone is staying at Disney’s Pop Century Resort and needs a scooter earlier, Buena Vista Rentals could meet you at Disney’s Art of Animation instead.

Thank you @RaySharpton - as always, you bring us the news we need to know!

I understand *why* Buena Vista is doing this schedule - and I can tell that it probably took someone a bit of time to plan that route, and figure out how it would work.

But...

If I had to/have to rent from a vendor at WDW, I'm going to look FIRST at the vendors (like Gold) who will deliver to me upon *my* arrival - not during a thrice-daily "meet and greet" session. Sorry, BV... I'm using my FastPasses for fun, not for sitting and waiting on a vendor - who I am paying - to deliver the product I am renting from them.

Maybe I am wrong, and this will prove to be popular, but I have a feeling that the majority of folks are going to want their rentals delivered ASAP!

Thank you @RaySharpton - as always, you bring us the news we need to know!

I understand *why* Buena Vista is doing this schedule - and I can tell that it probably took someone a bit of time to plan that route, and figure out how it would work.

But...

If I had to/have to rent from a vendor at WDW, I'm going to look FIRST at the vendors (like Gold) who will deliver to me upon *my* arrival - not during a thrice-daily "meet and greet" session. Sorry, BV... I'm using my FastPasses for fun, not for sitting and waiting on a vendor - who I am paying - to deliver the product I am renting from them.

Maybe I am wrong, and this will prove to be popular, but I have a feeling that the majority of folks are going to want their rentals delivered ASAP!
I think they need to offer at least 4 options per day. The 3 at my preferred resort won’t work for us the way we typically prefer to travel. I have trips booked prior to the new policy taking effect through 2020, but once 2021 comes, we may have to switch to Scooterbug. Time will tell I guess.

I have only used BV up to this point. This schedule doesn't work for me however, so I am looking at going with scooter bug. As much as I hate to leave BV, I am not spending time I could be in the parks waiting for them.
Yup, that’s my feeling as well. Plus if/when there is a flight delay issue, I’d be screwed. I’d be thinking and stressing about it the whole time. Really like BV. I’m just thinking that when the time comes, I’ll have to switch. Hopefully SB has good reviews coming up.

Also, the places that used to be able to leave their devices at Bell Services are trying to come up with plans for how to work things.
I’m sure they will be evaluating and making modifications to improve service as they get experience.

I just clicked on the BV banner ad. I was welcomed as coming from Disboards. Bell services delivery and drop off was still listed. No mention of the upcoming change. BEYOND POOR SERVICE. The delivery schedule is a joke. Prices don't seem better then service oriented vendors.

I suspect BV will soon be having a sale on used scooters.

I just clicked on the BV banner ad. I was welcomed as coming from Disboards. Bell services delivery and drop off was still listed. No mention of the upcoming change. BEYOND POOR SERVICE. The delivery schedule is a joke. Prices don't seem better then service oriented vendors.

I suspect BV will soon be having a sale on used scooters.
I just clicked the Buena Vista banner and was welcomed as coming from the DIS site. It says they deliver to resorts, but doesn’t specify Bell Services.
Clicking on ‘schedule delivery’ brings up the list of times and places.F0B7101C-C30E-41F1-A4DC-9FF5F8A040FD.png

I just clicked the Buena Vista banner and was welcomed as coming from the DIS site. It says they deliver to resorts, but doesn’t specify Bell Services.
Clicking on ‘schedule delivery’ brings up the list of times and places.View attachment 448360
Just before I posted I clicked on the link. Bell services delivery to WDW resorts was listed. I suspect I was looking at a cached page, it's also possible the site was updated around the time I clicked.

I checked last night, after reading you post. At that time going directly to BV immediately displayed a notice about the change to meet n greet delivery. Going through the DIS link the change in delivery was in the site, but not immediately visible.

Regardless I can't see the new delivery system working very well. It might appear to work if a delivery time is listed shortly after your expected arrival time. That will change to a big issue if you're delayed and have to wait 4 or 5 hours for the next delivery window. Cancellation terms suggest paying double if you decide to rent a scooter at your resort.

BV delivery routes kind of tells us what a company needs to do. Use the same routes but have a van/truck in each of the 5 "zones". The driver can quickly go to whatever resort has a meet n greet scheduled. Very busy you can have a driver and one or more additional delivery employees.

We arrived early at CBR and texted Gold. The Gold employee told me he cam from AoA.

Two weeks ago I had a quick 2-day trip to WDW after visiting family. Because it was such a short trip, I ordered a scooter from ScooterBug, thinking then it would be at the resort (Coronado Springs) when I arrived. I arrived at the resort and checked with bells services about 45 minutes after the scooter reservation time I had entered. Unfortunately, the scooter wasn’t there. I called ScooterBug and the agent apologized profusely and said it would be delayed at least three hours. As a result, because it was a short trip, he offered to refund my cost and to have someone call when the scooter was delivered. So we went for a swim instead of the parks while we waited. After three hours, we still hadn’t heard, so we checked back with bell services. It was there, so we picked it up and headed to the parks. In all, we lost about half the day, but still had a good time. However, while the charge went right through when I picked up the scooter, I did not receive the promised refund. I emailed ScooterBug, but did not receive a response. I have to rent a scooter again in January and am a little concerned about using ScooterBug again as we’re on more of a schedule this time (DH is a Dopey runner for WDW marathon weekend). Any advice?

Two weeks ago I had a quick 2-day trip to WDW after visiting family. Because it was such a short trip, I ordered a scooter from ScooterBug, thinking then it would be at the resort (Coronado Springs) when I arrived. I arrived at the resort and checked with bells services about 45 minutes after the scooter reservation time I had entered. Unfortunately, the scooter wasn’t there. I called ScooterBug and the agent apologized profusely and said it would be delayed at least three hours. As a result, because it was a short trip, he offered to refund my cost and to have someone call when the scooter was delivered. So we went for a swim instead of the parks while we waited. After three hours, we still hadn’t heard, so we checked back with bell services. It was there, so we picked it up and headed to the parks. In all, we lost about half the day, but still had a good time. However, while the charge went right through when I picked up the scooter, I did not receive the promised refund. I emailed ScooterBug, but did not receive a response. I have to rent a scooter again in January and am a little concerned about using ScooterBug again as we’re on more of a schedule this time (DH is a Dopey runner for WDW marathon weekend). Any advice?
I would try emailing them again and also call. Their phone number is on this link
https://scooterbug.com/orlando/index.html#

Rent at home and bring it with you.

Plan your (not your husband's) day so that you can meet with the not-authorized vendor of your choice at your resort.

Extend your trip so that it a three hour delay occurs, it won't affect your trip to such a great degree.

Persist with Scooterbug both for the promised refund and to avoid a recurrence.

My advice for your future rental is rent from Good Mobility, unless you are coming in really.late or leaving really early, they will meet you when you arrive to deliver and to pick up right before you leave. Their equipment is never older than 6 months and most models come with all sorts of extra hoodies like cup holder, cell phone holder, undercarriage lights, etc. Most models are priced at a flat rate for up to 7 days, but they do have models without all of the upgrades that are available for shorter rentals now as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter