New Vendor Drop-Off Policy? Update: CONFIRMED exclusive drop off vendor = Scooterbug

But they can take you to your room in a golf cart. And it is not like you are unable to get and ECV for your trip at all. You just might have to wait a bit for it. Plan ahead. And at no resort is the walk a mile from your room to the nearest bus stop.
Kidani Village cannot take you to your room in a gold cart and it is indeed (actually 0.95) from the bus stop to the furthest room, I checked it.on the last trip.

I was trying to figure out if I could find any of the Scooterbug mobility scooters from their photos from what I can out by Googling and looking at photos. It has not been that easy just going by photos.

I tried to compare the same parts with each other.

Many companies list addons like larger Captain chairs and mirrors, and battery sizes, etc.

scooter_resortecv.png

This one is listed as the
ECV RESORT The Resort ECV is a full-sized, three-wheeled electric scooter that makes getting around simple and worry-free. For added convenience, this ECV includes an onboard USB charger.

It looks a lot like the
Companion Midsize 3-Wheel

49547.png

It doesn't have an add-on highback captain's chair and mirrors, but I noticed a lot of similarities between the two.

But look at the front mirror, the design of the tiller and wheels, and battery cover.

Plus the two little metal things under the floorboard seem unique to the two.

Here is a link to the Golden-Technologies Companion Midsize 3-Wheel

This Golden-Technologies Companion has a 300lb weight capacity!

https://www.spinlife.com/Golden-Tec...el-Full-Size-Scooter/spec.cfm?productID=89042
  • Specifications for the Golden-Technologies Companion Midsize 3-Wheel
    Quick-Ship:Yes
    Top Speed:4.50 mph
    Turning Radius:39"
    Drive Range:15.50 miles
    Weight Capacity:300.00 Lbs
    Heaviest Piece:48 lbs.
    Ground Clearance:3.50"
    Max Incline Rating:8 °
    Disassembles:Yes
    Delta Tiller:Yes
    Seat Width:18"
    Max Seat to Ground Height:25"
    Max Seat to Deck Height:20"
    Multiple Seating Options:No
    Height Adjustable Seat:Yes
    High-Back Seat:No
    Flip-Back Armrests:Yes
    Wheel Type:Three-Wheeled
    Front Wheel Size:9"
    Rear Wheel Size:9"
    Air-Filled (Pneumatic) Tires:No
    Overall Width:23.5"
    Overall Length:42.5"
    Transportable/Collapsible:Yes
    Foldable:No
    Battery Type:U-1
    Batteries Included:Yes
    Battery Charger Type:Off-Board
    Larger Battery Option:No
    Drive Type:Rear-Wheel Drive
    Suspension:No
    One-Hand Operation:Yes
    Basket Included:Yes
    Headlight:Yes
    Extended Base:No
    Weight Without Batteries:169.00 lbs.
    Battery Pack Weight:22.00 lbs.
    Expedited Shipping Available:No
    Charging Port Location:Tiller
[/QUOTE]

Or it could be a heavier weight capacity Companion 3-Wheel Scooter

This Golden-Technologies Companion has a 350lb weight capacity!

Here is a link to the other one Golden-Technologies Companion Midsize 3-Wheel

https://www.spinlife.com/Golden-Tec...el-Full-Size-Scooter/spec.cfm?productID=89043

and

https://www.goldentech.com/scooters...-companion-series/companion-3-wheel-mid-size/

Key Specs
  • Top Speed: 4.50 mph
  • Drive Range: 16.50 miles
  • Heaviest Piece: 48 lbs.
  • Weight capacity: 350 lbs.
  • Weight: 172 lbs.

Specifications for the Companion 3-Wheel Scooter

Top Speed:4.50 mph
Turning Radius:40.5"
Drive Range:16.50 miles
Heaviest Piece:48 lbs.
Ground Clearance:3.50"
Max Incline Rating:8 °
Seat Width:18"
20"
Back Height:16"
Max Seat to Ground Height:26"
Wheel Type:Three-Wheeled
Front Wheel Size:9"
Rear Wheel Size:10"
Overall Width:23.5"
Overall Length:45.5"
Battery Type:U-1
Weight Without Batteries:173.00 lbs.
Battery Pack Weight:22.00 lbs.

*************************************************************************************

scooter_1.png

This one is listed as the
ECV RESORT LITE
On the go? This portable four-wheeled electric scooter is designed for lightweight travel. When disassembled this ECV can be transported in vehicles, heaviest piece is 44 lbs.

49561.png

This one looks exactly the same and is called
Golden-Technologies LiteRider 4-Wheel

Here is the link:

https://www.spinlife.com/Golden-Tec...Wheel-Travel-Scooter/spec.cfm?productID=93328

Key Specs
  • Top Speed: 5.00 mph
  • Drive Range: 12.00 miles
  • Heaviest Piece: 51.8 lbs.
  • Weight capacity: 300 lbs.
  • Weight: 129 lbs

Specifications for the Golden-Technologies LiteRider 4-Wheel

Top Speed:5.00 mph
Turning Radius:48"
Drive Range:12.00 miles
Heaviest Piece:51.8 lbs.
Ground Clearance:2.50"
Max Incline Rating:6 °
Seat Width:17"
Back Height:16"
Max Seat to Ground Height:25.5"
Power Elevating Seat:No
Wheel Type:Four Wheeled
Front Wheel Size:9 X 3"
Rear Wheel Size:9 X 3"
Overall Width:22"
Overall Length:43.25"
Battery Type:22 AH
Weight Without Batteries:129.00 lbs.
Battery Pack Weight:29.00 lbs.
Battery Box

************************************************************************************

I think I found that large scooter and it isn't made by Golden Technologies.

I think that it is a Pride Maxima model.

Here is the Scooterbug photo and info at the time of this posting Editing.

scooter_2.png

ECV RESORT PLUS

Our most popular electric scooter strikes the balance of range and capacity.

And here is the link at Pride Mobility:

https://www.pridemobility.com/p/maxima-3-wheel

Maxima-3-Wheel-Candy-Apple-Red.jpg

Pride Mobility Maxima 3-Wheel

Heavy duty performance at an exceptional value.

The Maxima Scooter features an ultra heavy duty drivetrain and a large, deep seat to deliver maximum performance at an exceptional value.

Engineered with the bariatric market in mind, the Maxima features a weight capacity of 500 lbs., a max speed up to 5.3 mph, adjustable tiller and an ergonomically enhanced design.

• 500 lb. weight capacity
  • Black, flat-free, non-marking tires
  • Standard front basket
  • Ultra heavy-duty drivetrain with 110 amp controller
  • Maximum speed up to 5.3 mph
  • Redesigned seat for improved comfort
  • Easily adjustable tiller
  • Durable and stylish rear polyurethane bumper
  • Easily accessible tie-down points (for the transport of unoccupied scooter)
  • User-friendly console.

Pride Mobility Maxima 3-Wheel Specification

ModelMaxima 3-Wheel
Model NumberSC900
Front Tires3" x 10" Solid
Rear Tires4" x 10" Solid
Maximum Speed*Up to 5.3 MPH
Ground Clearance4.25" at mid-frame
Turning Radius**50.5"
Overall Length**46"
Overall Width of Base**25.5"
Seat-to-Ground Height Range22.5"-24.5"
Seat TypeDeluxe Contoured Medium-back (22"x18")
Weight**171 lbs.
Seat-to-Deck Height Range16"-18"
Battery Weight33 lbs. ea. (NF-22), 24 lbs. ea. (U-1)
Battery Requirements(2) NF-22, (2) U-1 (power elevating seat)
Maximum Range Per Charge*Up to 18 miles, U-1 (power elevating seat) up to 9.6 miles
Battery ChargerOff-board, 5A
Maximum Weight Capacity500 lbs.
Standard Body ColorsCandy Apple Red, Viper Blue
Weight of Heaviest Piece**76 lbs. (Rear section)
Medicare Code CoverageK0802 - Group 1 Very Heavy Duty
WarrantyLifetime limited on frame;
2-Year limited on Electronics;
2-Year limited on Drivetrain

Last edited:
At Kidani Village it is about a mile from the lobby to the furthest room....I checked last time I was there.
Impossible. Disney did not build any mile long resort (or two miles, if the lobby is in the center of the building). Kidani has 324 units on four floors, so average of 81 per floor, or 40 per side per floor.

A mile divided by 41 is a bit over 128 linear feet. The largest Kidani units are 200 square feet. It's just 100% impossible for the furthest room from the Kidani lobby to be .95 miles from the lobby.

If by "the lobby" you instead mean the Jambo lobby, well, there. is. a. bus.
Kidani Village cannot take you to your room in a gold cart and it is indeed (actually 0.95) from the bus stop to the furthest room, I checked it.on the last trip.
Fine, not directly to your villa. Does Kidani not have multiple elevators starting in the parking area, at least one or the otherof which would have to be much, much closer to any specific villa than .95 miles?

I rechecked, and I was a little off. It's a 2,500 foot walk (a little less than 1/2 mile) from the lobby of Animal Kingdom Villas to the main lobby of the Animal Kingdom Lodge. According to the Disney Parks Moms panel, the farthest walk at Animal Kingdom Villas from a room to the bus stop is 1/3 mile. Still quite the distance. I did it once, and it's difficult for someone with mobility problems.
Disney offers bus service between Jambo
House and Kindai
1/3 mile is plausible, certainly not a mile. Using a step counter to calculate distances has issues.

Last edited:
No it's not. It is not even 1/3 of a mile. Please stop exaggerating.
This is correct I just looked on google map one and a half building is about 200 feet there are 8 building on each side so 1000 feet and I will though in an extra 250 feet for what ever there are 5280 feet in a mile and at 1,250 your still a little under the 1/4 of a miles at 1,380

Attachments

• 69D21AB7-E9F2-41CD-A16B-DAD192FCF32F.jpeg
    69D21AB7-E9F2-41CD-A16B-DAD192FCF32F.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 6

From discussions in other groups it seems Disney made the changes because some of the 3rd party vendors were taking advantage of bell services by leaving strollers, cribs, ECV's etc at bell services for DAYS before the actual guest who had the item reserved was arriving. It had become overwhelming to store dozens of ECV's, strollers etc for multiple days. That is why grocery items are still being allowed as they are usually delivered and picked up on the same day and Disney is going with a single preferred provider for stroller, ECV's etc. unless you arrange your own dropoff/pickup. I have done that with Walker Mobility and actually appreciated being shown how to use the ECV.

Last edited:
It’ll be interesting to see what kind of special regulations, if any, Disney requires on all these new Scooterbug ECVs. For example, is speed limitation still a thing for the current in-park ones? That would be pretty frustrating to get around some of the resorts or, say, from the boardwalk area to Epcot/DHS.

Sometimes a company doesn't list a brand because they may use different products. An example. When you rent a car you reserve a car class. An agency might have offer different models.

Scooterbug could be deliberately not listed the manufacturer of the scooters.

I called Scooterbug. The website say scooters are available 9a-9p. That's incorrect. They use bell services and you can pick up and drop off outside those hours.
Only the Resort Plus model has a USB charging port. The Resort Plus ECVs are new.
Some of the Resort Scooters are new, some aren't brand new.
The resort model is made by Golden Technology.
The extra battery is only offered for the Resort Lite Scooter (the portable model). I guess the idea is to keep the weight down. The other 2 scooters come with 2 batteries.

From discussions in other groups it seems Disney made the changes because some of the 3rd party vendors were taking advantage of bell services by leaving strollers, cribs, ECV's etc at bell services for DAYS before the actual guest who had the item reserved was arriving. It had become overwhelming to store dozens of ECV's, strollers etc for multiple days. That is why grocery items are still being allowed as they are usually delivered and picked up on the same day and Disney is going with a single preferred provider for stroller, ECV's etc. unless you arrange your own dropoff/pickup. I have done that with Walker Mobility and actually appreciated being shown how to use the ECV.
yes, I had heard that too.

I know, for example, Buena Vista has been advertising a case of water and a case of Gatorade delivered with your scooter. So, not only did Bell Services have to handle the one piece Disney had a contract for, they also had to keep store and deliver random items like cases of beverages to the correct guest.

yes, I had heard that too.

I know, for example, Buena Vista has been advertising a case of water and a case of Gatorade delivered with your scooter. So, not only did Bell Services have to handle the one piece Disney had a contract for, they also had to keep store and deliver random items like cases of beverages to the correct guest.

That is really taking advantage of the system and bell services. It seems a little greedy of them.

Another option--though by no means ideal if you are arriving late or leaving early--schedule a Scooterbug scooter for a one-day rental and then on the second day meet with the company of your choice for a smooth change. Or if you have an early departing flight change to end your rental with your preferred scooter company the day before you leave and take on a Scooterbug rental for that last night. The price for a one-day rental is $50 (same as in the parks?) so it will cost a few dollars more to implement my plan above but well worth it in my opinion. INTERESTING--Scooterbug has updated their website--and their info for the "normal" 3 wheel now quotes the 12 mile capacity I mentioned above.
beginning to think that way but watch there will be a 2 day requirement

I called Scooterbug. The website say scooters are available 9a-9p. That's incorrect. They use bell services and you can pick up and drop off outside those hours.
Yeah, I'm really leery of their website. It's not accurate, so I'd think twice or more before renting from them
The extra battery is only offered for the Resort Lite Scooter (the portable model). I guess the idea is to keep the weight down. The other 2 scooters come with 2 batteries.
Right. The larger ECVs don't need the optional battery because they come with one.

The website say scooters are available 9a-9p. That's incorrect
It may not be incorrect as much as they aren't as clear about delivering via Bell Services. Keep in mind they are a business who also operates outside of WDW - delivering to other hotels and individuals. Those operating hours are important for that aspect of their business, as well as clarifying during what hours a customer can expect to reach them.

I'm really leery of their website. It's not accurate, so I'd think twice or more before renting from them
I don't know how long the plans for this change have been in place, but it could be they weren't ready to have a revamped website posted when info was leaked last week as a rumor, leaving them to scramble and get it updated quickly. Their website looks considerably different today than it did last time I looked at it, and even changing by the day. Give the dust time to settle and see how things work out. The equipment they list today doesn't even seem to match what was showing over the weekend, so clearly they are making changes to website, inventory, and likely some business policies (hours, etc.).

But ultimately, we know that ScooterBug is one of several options, and other vendors will meet the guest in person - which has worked just fine for hundreds of WDW guests for the past several years. If ScooterBug doesn't fit one's needs, another vendor likely can.

It may not be incorrect as much as they aren't as clear about delivering via Bell Services. Keep in mind they are a business who also operates outside of WDW - delivering to other hotels and individuals. Those operating hours are important for that aspect of their business, as well as clarifying during what hours a customer can expect to reach them.

I don't know how long the plans for this change have been in place, but it could be they weren't ready to have a revamped website posted when info was leaked last week as a rumor, leaving them to scramble and get it updated quickly. Their website looks considerably different today than it did last time I looked at it, and even changing by the day. Give the dust time to settle and see how things work out. The equipment they list today doesn't even seem to match what was showing over the weekend, so clearly they are making changes to website, inventory, and likely some business policies (hours, etc.).

But ultimately, we know that ScooterBug is one of several options, and other vendors will meet the guest in person - which has worked just fine for hundreds of WDW guests for the past several years. If ScooterBug doesn't fit one's needs, another vendor likely can.
You get the 9 -9 hours even after you select Disney resort. Scooterbug asked for the exact webpage I was looking at. No mention of delivery before 9a or after 9p was a mistake. Scooterbug has people answering the phone as late as 2a.
I agree, web site is rapidly being updated.

Looks like Buena Vista shot themselves in the foot.

edited to add: Their reservation system won't let you specify a pickuip time earlier then 9a or a drop off later then 9p. The system will let you reserve an extra battery for all 3 models.
kaytieeldr
Scooterbug had a major web update. I wouldn't sweat over a few issues which need updating.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter