New Vendor Drop-Off Policy? Update: CONFIRMED exclusive drop off vendor = Scooterbug

@goldilocks_63 As of now, there is only 1 vendor taking reservations for drop-off via Bell Services. That is ScooterBug.

Last month when I wrote the post you quoted, there were 3 others using Bell Services - Apple Scooters, Best Price Mobility and Buena Vista Scooters. Those vendors will continue to utilize Bell Services for equipment reserved prior to October 1st. For equipment reserved through these vendors October 1st or later, these 3 vendors will meet the guest directly, just as other non-featured vendors have done for several years now.

Enjoy your vacation!

@goldilocks_63 As of now, there is only 1 vendor taking reservations for drop-off via Bell Services. That is ScooterBug.

Last month when I wrote the post you quoted, there were 3 others using Bell Services - Apple Scooters, Best Price Mobility and Buena Vista Scooters. Those vendors will continue to utilize Bell Services for equipment reserved prior to October 1st. For equipment reserved through these vendors October 1st or later, these 3 vendors will meet the guest directly, just as other non-featured vendors have done for several years now.

Enjoy your vacation!
Thank you

Can I ask does this impact Wheelchairs also.
My brother has DS and whilst he can walk he gets tired quickly so plan was to hire him a chair for the week we are in the resort. We fly I'm from Scotland so not 100% sure time of arrival.
Or are we now limited to Disney only wheelchairs rather than outside vendors

My brother has DS and whilst he can walk he gets tired quickly so plan was to hire him a chair for the week we are in the resort. We fly I'm from Scotland so not 100% sure time of arrival.
If you do not use scooter bug ( or what ever the name is ) or one from Disney then yes you will have to meet the vender at the hotel

The policy itself really hasn’t changed at all. The only thing that changed is the number of “featured vendors” — there is now just 1 instead of 4 or 5. If you prefer to utilize Bell Services you may need to change vendors and rent from ScooterBug. If you have a particular preference for another vendor then i suggest contacting that vendor to find out what they can do.

Enjoy your vacation!

The change involves ECVs, wheelchairs and strollers.

Scooterbug is the only company that can deliver and pick up from Bell Services without a guest being present.
Guests using other companies will need to meet a company representative for pick up and delivery. I know Randy’s Mobility is a company a lot of people from the UK have used.
Randy’s has always delivered and picked up directly from guests, so they might be a good choice for you.

Any resort that has multiple buildings (eg Saratoga).
Some resorts have extremely long hallways, such as Boardwalk Inn/Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge/Villas. It can be a 1/2 mile walk from the check-in desk to your room. And these are internal hallways, so there may be no vehicles that can take you to your room.
At Kidani Village it is about a mile from the lobby to the furthest room....I checked last time I was there.
Kidani Village cannot take you to your room in a gold cart and it is indeed (actually 0.95) from the bus stop to the furthest room, I checked it.on the last trip.

Maybe Robo will come up with actual maps, but from looking at google maps myself It's less than a mile from the front of Coronado Springs to the furthest building in the ranchos section. I'll look at Kidani after work.

Wanted to report that my mom has a reservation on 11.6 and Apple Scooter confirmed 100% that they will drop off at bell services. I know we had mixed answers for reservation after nov 1st

Wanted to report that my mom has a reservation on 11.6 and Apple Scooter confirmed 100% that they will drop off at bell services. I know we had mixed answers for reservation after nov 1st
When did you make your reservation?

It had been reported that reservations made by September 30, 2019 could still be delivered and picked up at Bell Services.

I was advised by Buena Vista Scooters that they are able to drop off and pick up our rental ECV for a trip we have planned in early November. The lady on the phone checked with her supervisor because I had mentioned the new vendor policy. Since they have a kiosk at Boardwalk, and we're staying at Boardwalk, with the new policy I figured maybe they could just drop the scooter off there under our name, but she told us they can drop it off and pick it up from bell services. Guess we will find out in 2 weeks!

Google distances has Kidani at about 1/4 of a mile at the most. SO I'm not sure where some of these larger distances are coming from, but if it is an issue to walk that far, perhaps guests should come with a personal mobility device that could assist them - like a walker, a rollator, or a wheelchair if they can't get a scooter right away? How does one make it through the airport, etc? Is everyone using the wheelchair service there?

So I just got back from my 11 day trip and stayed at SSR. My room was ready when I arrived so I went to bell service to get a ride to my room. There were at least 6 bell service employees there with 3 that were running people in the carts. They took my name and said to wait. I waited 21 minutes for them to take me to my room. 3 out of the 6 bell service cast members where just accepting/retrieving bags, ECVs, strollers, groceries. In that 20 minutes, 15 people either dropped off or where picking up and ECV or stroller. Some family's stroller had not arrived yet and the woman was getting angry at the bell service cast member. They had just arrived and he was taking this woman and her bags to the room. I have no idea where the rest of the family was. But they end up pulling back up, without her bags because they got word that the stroller was just delivered. So then she got a ride back to the room. Great customer service for her, but that meant the rest of us where sitting there waiting because they made 2 trips back and forth. From what I saw, a lot of the cast member's time was spent on just dealing with these deliveries. I think that waiting 20 minutes for bell service upon arrival to be taken to your room is getting too long. I have not waited that long at any other hotel chain. I think that they are stretched too thin.

Google distances has Kidani at about 1/4 of a mile at the most. SO I'm not sure where some of these larger distances are coming from, but if it is an issue to walk that far, perhaps guests should come with a personal mobility device that could assist them - like a walker, a rollator, or a wheelchair if they can't get a scooter right away? How does one make it through the airport, etc? Is everyone using the wheelchair service there?
Actually, the 1/3 mile I referenced for Kidani in post# 210 was from a post by the official Disney Moms panel. But even at 1/4 mile it can be difficult for someone with mobility issues because that may be more than they typically walk at home.

Regarding the airport, if you let them know you need a wheelchair, they note it on your reservation and someone meets you with a wheelchair. They have lots of wheelchairs that are used for transfers, and they have the capacity to handle typical demand.

Actually, the 1/3 mile I referenced for Kidani in post# 210 was from a post by the official Disney Moms panel.
Respectfully, as well-designed and (ideally) well-designed as Moms' Panel members are, they're not always right. Not saying they're right or wrong here, just sharing.

from a post by the official Disney Moms panel.

Just an FYI at the bottom of the page there is a note that say that theses view are the Pannlelest and not the view of Disney

Attachments

• 53917795-09E6-42EE-8F5C-3A3058F567DC.jpeg
    53917795-09E6-42EE-8F5C-3A3058F567DC.jpeg
    36.9 KB · Views: 8
As to the discussion about resort distances:

As someone who suddenly found themselves in a situation of being completely dependent on a scooter to get around at Disney, frankly 1/3 vs 1/2 mile, how many bus stops there are, ect. doesn't matter. Many people who need a mobility device cannot walk it. They would be stranded without a scooter.

If this had happened during our last trip and i couldn't have had my scooter dropped at bell services it would have been a disaster. I had a greater than 50% tear of my MCL with displacement of my knee and injury to the meniscus. 4 weeks prior to Disney. At that point, I could walk very short distances with a cane, but NO WAY was I getting from a resort lobby to my room, room to bus, and bus to park entrance without a scooter. I didn't have my own device to bring, because it was what I thought was a temporary injury. I was newly thrust into needing a scooter and adjusting plans last minute. I don't know that we would have made the trip without that scooter waiting for me when I got to the resort.

Not sure if I should start a new thread, but looking for thoughts related to DISNEYLAND...

We are fairly local to Disneyland and when we go for the day, we rent a wheelchair at the park for my Mom. But a few times a year, we do a mini staycation at one of the resorts for a few days. When we do that, I rent a wheelchair from Deckerts (or another local offsite place) and have the wheelchair waiting. It usually saves us a little money, but not much. Just saves my Mom having to walk all the way back to the hotels at the end of a long night. We will be staying at Paradise Pier next month and going to Moonlight Magic. Of course, this is the furthest out of the hotels. I was looking at the Disneyland site and I see Scooterbug is also the exclusive provider for them too. So, I went to their website, and got a quote of $43 for the 3 days we would want it. Disneyland's rental is $12 per day with a $20 deposit, so would be $36 for the 3 days. That price seems high and is higher than Disneyland charges. I would rent from Disneyland directly, but I don't want my Mom to have to walk back to Paradise Pier late at night after a long day or evening...

I suppose I can call Deckert and see what they say. Can they deliver and meet me? Or I believe they are pretty close to where I live, so I could probably pick one up and take it in my car? Or other ideas? has anyone dealt with this at Disneyland yet?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter