New Video of Roy Suite on Wonder

lklgoodman

DIS Veteran
Just saw on Scott's blog that someone posted a video of it. The purple decor is gone. It looks really nice!!! We'll never stay in it, but the separate rooms looked smaller than on DCL site. Person said it has H2O products in the bath and king size bed in main(don't know if that's different than what it previously had). I tried to post a link, but my computer is giving me issues. Video is in the tweet section of his blog. Maybe someone with a better computer can post a link?

They finally put a king size bed in the Royal? I doubt I'll sail in that cabin again but holy crap that was much needed. Hope they start to add it to other concierge rooms.

I agree it does look lovely. I wonder if the touch screen lights are a small scale test run for the new ships.

I was also curious about the H2O products.

This is so different. It seems so bland. That's a lot of beige. A LOT. Those sofas are not wine-friendly. Or kid-friendly. I hope the newly designated concierge family oceanview staterooms with verandahs were decorated to match those done previously instead of in this new direction. I really liked the Art Deco look. I'm going to throw out a "Bless their heart" right here so I don't seem too critical. 😉 But I wonder how this will wear. It looks very trendy to me, not classic.

It looks very nice like a luxury hotel room, but it lacks the Disney touch. Maybe it has continuous supply of Mickey bars to help, but no, I feel disappointed about the decor.

Wow, looks so different from our stay years ago! I agree, it looks more like a hotel, a luxury one, but lacks Disney touches. We stayed in it 16 years ago when my kiddos were little, now we are good with ocean view staterooms. Especially with rising prices and less Disney touches.

I kept wondering if somehow the camera settings were off and the video wasn't showing the true colors in the design very accurately. Then I saw the purple bag and realized that wasn't the case. The cabin really is just brown on beige. Don't get me wrong, it's a large, luxurious space, but there is no color or whimsy. I'm pretty surprised at their choices.

It’s a shame they removed all of that beautiful wood and went with plain beige walls.

Joining on the "this is boring" bandwagon. I would absolutely never pay what they charge for this. Why on earth wouldn't they do something like the amazing Disney-themed suites at the Disneyland hotel with lots of hidden Mickeys and creative touches?

So disappointed in the new decor. It was a beautiful cabin. Very bland now. As you came in, before the little kitchen, there was a guest powder room. Wonder if it is still there.

If I ever get to stay there, I am happy with the new decor. It looks modern, the old look was dark and outdated.
Besides the pictures of Roy Disney etc. what other Disney touches were there?

If I ever get to stay there, I am happy with the new decor. It looks modern, the old look was dark and outdated.
Besides the pictures of Roy Disney etc. what other Disney touches were there?
Nothing, from the looks of it. Which is why we are all so underwhelmed.

The old look harkened back to the golden age of sea travel, during the 1920's and 1930's. All that beautiful burled and glossy wood! The new look is no different than a concierge room in all the other high-end cruise lines. If you want that, most people choose those ships, because they are cheaper. Even if the only Disney touches were the photographs, it created the illusion that you were somehow magically transported to a place that they lived in, or stayed in, at one time. :)

Sailing in a royal suite was always kind of a bucket list item for me, even though I knew it would never happen unless I win the lottery. After seeing this video I no longer have FOMO. It’s large but nothing about it seems particularly special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!