New WDW Show on TV Sunday

Renysmom

DIS Veteran
Hi Podcasters and listeners.

Just want to let you know there is a new Disney show on the Fine Living Channel (FLC) tomorrow at 1pm and 11pm . Suppose to be about saving money and such at WDW.. We will see LOL

Just want to let you know there is a new Disney show on the Fine Living Channel (FLC) tomorrow at 1pm and 11pm . Suppose to be about saving money and such at WDW.. We will see LOL

Thanks for the tip.:)

Wish I had that channel. Wonder if it's going to show up on Travel channel.

Also keep an eye out for the show on Fine Living called :Great Family Getaways: Orlando. I watched it last week and it was amazing. it covered three different families trips: a family with young kids, a family with older kids, and a family with no kids. It followed them through things that they would like to do. It showed the younger family and going to Disney, staying at the Yacht Club, playing minature golf, going to Wonderworks. The family with the older kids stayed at Hard Rock, did Universal and Seaworld, went to see Blue Man group and did airboat rides on the Boogy Creek as well as skydiving without a plane at Skyventure. The couple stayed at Shingle creek, played golf at Arnold Palmer golf course, went fly fishing and canoeing on Shingle creek, had a massage, went to a comedy club in Orlando and went to Winter Park. Great show about EVERYTHING Orlando!:thumbsup2

**edited.... Just realized the show I am referring to below was a different FLN show under the "What You Get for the Money" series, not the "Great Family Getaways" show, which we also watched. **

I watched it and enjoyed it, but I thought the budget part of conversation was unrealistic. The show was focused on trips for $1600. Now, perhaps it is just because I live so far away or because when I go, I want to be able to see most of the parks, but I did not think these families really got much out of their stays. It was nice to see the areas outside of Disney, though.

I am not even sure I could do DLR for $1600 including food, gas and everything (and I live in CA!), but that would be more realistic since it does not require as many days to 'see it all.' I guess if you can visit often, then these trips are OK, but if I had watched last year before our trip, i would have wondered what I was doing wrong to make my trip so much more expensive and longer.

Looking forward to Samantha Brown's next special in April!

--Daneen

I watched it and kind of got the idea that is was just an infomercial for Disney Parks. It was sponsored by Disney Parks after all. It still wasn't bad, I just got the feeling that it was more of a "we have this package that will get you this" kind of deal.

We TIVOd this and watched it last night. DH noticed that the mom/3sons got to get on R&R at the exit. Certainly not the same experience that most of us get.

I wonder if these prices were rack rates.

I saw parts of this over the weekend, and I find it absurd to think a family of four could "do" Disney for $1600. Also, they don't mention that the $1600 figure does not include airfare, and it can't possibly include all meals. I know they were on the DDP, but that doesn't cover all meals and drinks for the entire day. I have to agree, it's just a big, unrealistic Disney infomercial. :rolleyes:

I also found it funny that all their budgets came in just a few dollars shy of $1600.00. Not realistic at all.

I thought I was watching a info commercial... but it's always nice to see the parks so that is a plus

We don't get any of these kind of programmes in the UK.

I need to get my planning DVD out again!

My husband finally understood that last year when we were planning. He has seen that vacation for a family of 4 for $1600 commercial they constantly run. I sat him at the computer, and he saw the light. I am a teacher so I am limited on when I can travel.

First week of June works best with when we can both get off. I showed him that doing Disney the way we like to was more like $3000 - $4000. (We couldn't go during value season. We like a 6 - 7 day stay. We like park hoppers.)

I saw parts of this over the weekend, and I find it absurd to think a family of four could "do" Disney for $1600. Also, they don't mention that the $1600 figure does not include airfare, and it can't possibly include all meals. I know they were on the DDP, but that doesn't cover all meals and drinks for the entire day. I have to agree, it's just a big, unrealistic Disney infomercial.
I've done it over 14 times. I guess THATS absurd too. I've NEVER paid $1600 for ANY Disney vacation and WE are a family of 4.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Lies, lies and more lies!!!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter