New Website-Point Allocation

Bruin_mouse

Mouseketeer
Apologize in advance if this has already been discussed, I don't follow this forum that closely. This morning I tried to book a 104 point home resort (11 month booking window) reservation with two Sep UY 50 point contracts. After inputting all the details I got to the screen where it allocates points that will be used. I wanted to use 50 2018 UY points from each contract and then borrow 4 2019 UY points for this reservation. Instead I could only get the website to use 100 points from one contract (which would involve borrowing 50 2019 points) and 4 points from the other. I kept monkeying with the site but could not get it to use all my 2018 points first. I ended up calling Member Services to make the reservation. I don't have a lot of experience with the old website, but I believe it let you allocate the points however you wanted. I'm curious if anyone has found a way to do this on the new site? If not, I wanted to highlight the issue for folks with multiple contracts.

Does your difficulty have anything to do with it being resale and not direct?

Does your difficulty have anything to do with it being resale and not direct?

They are resale points (only practical choice with VGC for newer buyers), so maybe? They do keep mentioning that "membership magic" for direct purchasers is going to become a bigger deal. One thing I've learned in the past year: never put anything past the Mouse!

It probably just has to do with the modification function not being totally operational yet. Did member services have any trouble making the change?

It probably just has to do with the modification function not being totally operational yet. Did member services have any trouble making the change?

No they were cool, but your question has me wondering what would have happened if I had been using my BLT direct points. I wonder if pixie dust would have been more likely to appear? pixiedust:

This isn't anything to do with direct or resale, it's another gremlin in the system, not spotted before roll out if you ask me. It is worrying though if it doesn't work properly as many people have multiple contracts and won't want to be forced into borrowing or ringing up.

I think it would be very nice if Disney would manipulate their program slightly, to bring up the screen they had before, where you could click on various contracts and specify various use years or to take points from different status areas. Such as banked or borrowed, and it would be nice if they would even let you arrange your own preference for the order these are used. Currently, as I understand it, Disney tends to use banked before borrowed and borrowed before the current Use year. But it doesn’t use transfers at all unless you call them. And I have no idea how to use holding points.

While they’re at it they could include the ability allow you to make your own Transfers directly from the program as long as it was within your own accounts.

I have tried to do a random booking and it worked for me. I have two contracts, both with banked points, I was allowed to select both contract when choosing which points to use. I haven't gone through to fully book the reservation, but it looked like the old system, just a different layout. Did you have the screen with the contracts listed and a recap of points in each? You should be able to click in the upper left corner of each box to select both.

I have tried to do a random booking and it worked for me. I have two contracts, both with banked points, I was allowed to select both contract when choosing which points to use. I haven't gone through to fully book the reservation, but it looked like the old system, just a different layout. Did you have the screen with the contracts listed and a recap of points in each? You should be able to click in the upper left corner of each box to select both.

Yes, I did check the option to use both contracts. It knew I had two contracts, but insisted on using up all the points (including 2019 UY) before it went to the next one. I think if there had been no option to borrow points in the first contract (e.g. 50 points in the 2018 UY, 0 in the 2019 UY) it would have kicked to the next contract. In the old system there was actually a place for you to manually enter how many points you wanted to use from each contract. It doesn't look like the new website has that option.

Yes, I did check the option to use both contracts. It knew I had two contracts, but insisted on using up all the points (including 2019 UY) before it went to the next one. I think if there had been no option to borrow points in the first contract (e.g. 50 points in the 2018 UY, 0 in the 2019 UY) it would have kicked to the next contract. In the old system there was actually a place for you to manually enter how many points you wanted to use from each contract. It doesn't look like the new website has that option.
I agree. I have been there in the new program multiple times and I could no longer find the option to specify the detailed point control that you had on the old program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter