New Year, New Experiences! A January 2016 TR - I’m here at WDW! 3/25

Oh wow, that sounds awful!! :sad2: You all definitely need a re-do! But you should definitely go on your own to test the waters first and do some research for when the 4 of you make it back together. :rolleyes1

Soooo....the holidays happened. That's all I have to say about that guys :rolleyes1:rotfl2:

I can't even imagine what happened as Fran and I spent Christmas and New Year's by ourselves. We did have Christmas Brunch with Jenny and her family, but with no family local, no drama.

The first 3 days were great, but COLD, rainy and windy.

I'm glad you had at least a few nice days.

Then Thursday came and it just completely unraveled.

:faint:
I overheard a family behind me say that crowds weren't even like this on NYE! :earseek:

That's crazy!

Croup, positive for the flu and 102.5 fever. No park. Last park day, Saturday morning, right as we were approaching the bag check, Calvin threw up in the double stroller we rented. He was burning up. Got right back on the bus back home. No park.

That's just awful....

I mentioned that we had an ADR at Ale & Compass and they made the suggestion of just me and DH going to it since our past few days had been stuck in the room.

Is that what they converted Captain's Grille into?

Everyone's healthy now though! :lmao:

That's good to know!

I'm generally a positive person and hate reflecting on things that I can't change. The same with DH. Weather was bad, kids got sick. Nothing we could control. But we were disappointed. It sucks spending months trying to create this perfect trip (Q's and my in-laws first time!) get FP's, ADR's. DH actually took the reins on this one and made the best spreadsheet, constantly checked for better ADR's every day he got home from work. He was awesome! DH and I had three main goals of this trip: FoP, Rivers of Light and Happily Ever After. Didn't do any of them. This trip just wasn't what we were hoping for.

Ugh, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you guys. But nice that your DH stepped in and took some responsibility. I wish it wasn't always on me to do that stuff.

I'm not sure how it happened, it was all a whirlwind, but i'm now booked one night at Jambo, 2 nights at OKW and one night at SSR for Sunday, March 25 - Thurs March 29, 2018!

That's kind of crazy switching, but you'll at least have a fun time and only you to complain to!

DH and I are both excited for our split trips, he's already planning his and i'm working on the deets for mine!

Kind of a foreign concept to me, but if you're both happy that's awesome!

Would have wished for you to come in August and join us all (big group of friends .......)

It would have been so cool if you came along because there are a whole bunch of people you know that are going to be joining in!

Oh. My. Gosh.

:headache:

I'm glad you got a few good days in at the beginning of your trip. But holy moly that is a lot of bad stuff to happen in one trip! I'm so sorry the kids got so sick. You must have been so stressed out and disappointed. Yes, you definitely need a do-over! A solo trip sounds fantastic!

What made it worse was how FREEZING it was! I think me and you snapped a few times telling you how cold it was, it was seriously cold. A CM said that there was supposed to be flurries about 30 minutes North of Orlando?? My SIL called my MIL and said the weather channel was saying it was supposed to snow :scared:Not sure if it ever did but geez, all bad.

I'm way, way too excited for my solo trip! Everyday been checking hours, dining ideas, planning ideas, etc. This solo planning is totally unfamiliar to me, and it is really is completely different than a family trip.

I feel weird liking your post. I am so sorry to hear about your trip! That def sounds like a bust of a trip! Glad to hear everyone is healthy now. And glad that you were able to get through the airplane back, that could have been bad! I mean the whole trip sounds bad.

I always feel like that on Instagram :rotfl2:- someone's pet dies and I like their post :scared: But totally feel ya!

Yeah all that was NOT on our spreadsheet :rotfl:But solo trip is in the works and i'm beyond ready for it!

Welcome back!

So sorry to hear that your little men got sick on your trip that you all planned out so perfectly. What a nightmare with all the crowds and the cold.
But glad that you get to go on another trip and we are going to hear all about it. Would have wished for you to come in August and join us all (big group of friends .......)

Karin!

I'm so embarrassed. Your Christmas card has been flush against one of our countertops so it's hidden, but it's been prepared since early December :blush: But thank you so much for yours! Love getting cards from DIS'ers!

I saw Alison's post! Who's all going?!

Well, that just sounded horrific! Not fun. AT. ALL!

But, there's a bright horizon and a chance to have it be better, right?

Solo' s a lot of fun and definitely different than going with young kids! You'll love it!

It was so bad. FIL called DH a few days before we talked about me taking a solo trip and mentioned how disappointed me and DH looked.

But YES! A bright horizon with only me!:lmao: Ridiculously excited!

:rolleyes1

Holy crap!

Oh dear.

Oh no. That's too bad.

No! Oh, man... you really had your hands full.

Well, thank goodness for that!

:hug:

Yay! Good for you! After the last trip, you certainly deserve it!

I'm looking forward to the day when my kids can run to the bathroom on their own instead of puking on us:lmao:Then we'll be able to take a fairly successful trip, i'd hope!

Yikes!!! So sorry to hear you all had so much trouble on the trip and poor boys. Good news front is you got to parlay all the heartache into another trip!!! I know its gonna be awesome

Thank goodness the boys didn't fully understand. The day Q got sick, our parents took Calvin to DHS for a while, so at least he got an extra day to play.

I'm so looking forward to this trip! Planning for it is so different I catch myself thinking, "What would they want to do?" :lmao:Just me to please this time! Excited to explore more of the new DS and that new Hideaway place!

Oh my goodness :guilty: I’m so glad you were able to have some good days there in the beginning but that is so sad how things unraveled. Poor boys getting sick :( thank goodness they’re feeling better now. Sounds like Disney was helpful with getting you to the urgent care, that was awesome. Not awesome you were there for so long but it sounds like it was the best it could have been.

Awesome about your solo trip!!!!!! You definitely need a redo! party: party: party: and it’ll be close enough you can celebrate your birthday too :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Disney was very helpful! While the clinic itself took a while, I was just so grateful that it wasn't a hassle to figure out how to get there and how to get back. I usually change out wallets (to a Disney one of course!) and only take cards I'd need. Last second, I stuck my insurance card in. Thank goodness!

Yep that's what i'm telling DH! Thanks for the bday trip!:rotfl::lmao:

Oh wow, that sounds awful!! :sad2: You all definitely need a re-do! But you should definitely go on your own to test the waters first and do some research for when the 4 of you make it back together. :rolleyes1

Research. Yes definitely, research ;)::yes::

I can't even imagine what happened as Fran and I spent Christmas and New Year's by ourselves. We did have Christmas Brunch with Jenny and her family, but with no family local, no drama.

I'm glad you had at least a few nice days.

:faint:

That's crazy!

That's just awful....

Is that what they converted Captain's Grille into?

That's good to know!

Ugh, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you guys. But nice that your DH stepped in and took some responsibility. I wish it wasn't always on me to do that stuff.

That's kind of crazy switching, but you'll at least have a fun time and only you to complain to!

Kind of a foreign concept to me, but if you're both happy that's awesome!

It would have been so cool if you came along because there are a whole bunch of people you know that are going to be joining in!

I believe it is the old Captain's Grille! It is really nice and our food was really good. But we really enjoyed the lounge next to it! So fun.

Ugh I know, so much switching. I check multiple times a day to see if anything has opened up at Jambo for the full stay. This evening there were three nights together at OKW, but nah. My plan for that first night at Jambo is to wake up early (like 6:30am!) and make it to EMH at AK to attempt to ride FoP and figured Jambo was closer to AK than OKW.

I asked Karin so whoever gets to me first, who's all going to this shindig!?! Where at??

I'm looking forward to the day when my kids can run to the bathroom on their own instead of puking on us:lmao:Then we'll be able to take a fairly successful trip, i'd hope!

Believe it or not... it will happen.

Eventually.

Holy cow. That trip sounds brutal. Sorry it was such a rough time! I'm shocked that the crowds were so bad following the holiday week--never would have expected that!

Glad you get to do a solo do-over! I'm sure you'll love not being burdened with strollers and child care! I know it's a cliche, but that time really goes by quickly with your kids. It just doesn't feel like it at the time.

I'm so embarrassed. Your Christmas card has been flush against one of our countertops so it's hidden, but it's been prepared since early December :blush: But thank you so much for yours! Love getting cards from DIS'ers!

Don't worry!!! Things happen. I am glad you got yours.

I saw Alison's post! Who's all going?!

There's a bunch of us going on a cruise together (Fantasy Aug 25) and then staying at WDW for a few days. Fran and Alison are going as well as Jill (jedijill) and a friend, Pamela (pinkocto) and her mum Jeanette, our friends Teresa and Mick (who you might know from my TR) and Michelle, Vito and Angelina (more cruise friends of ours) as well as Tom and I. It should be fun and there is always room for one more. ;)

I asked Karin so whoever gets to me first, who's all going to this shindig!?! Where at?

Well, evidently Karin has more friends involved than I knew of originally, but there is Karin, Tom, Fran, myself, Jenny, Jill, Pam and her Mom all booked on a Fantasy cruise. Then we are booked in a Grand Villa at SSR for three nights following the cruise. Pam and her Mom may travel back and forth, but one of our "activites" on the weekend is to have a potluck where we just hang out in the Villa and eat drink and be merry! You know I like that sort of thing! ;)

Believe it or not... it will happen.

Eventually.

This is comforting...for a sec, until it happens again :rotfl:

Holy cow. That trip sounds brutal. Sorry it was such a rough time! I'm shocked that the crowds were so bad following the holiday week--never would have expected that!

Glad you get to do a solo do-over! I'm sure you'll love not being burdened with strollers and child care! I know it's a cliche, but that time really goes by quickly with your kids. It just doesn't feel like it at the time.

We were surprised at how busy it was! DH isn't interested in going back in January again. When I go in March, i'll be able to check out the weather and crowd situation, although i'm pretty sure crowds are going to be just as bad in March.

Don't worry!!! Things happen. I am glad you got yours.

There's a bunch of us going on a cruise together (Fantasy Aug 25) and then staying at WDW for a few days. Fran and Alison are going as well as Jill (jedijill) and a friend, Pamela (pinkocto) and her mum Jeanette, our friends Teresa and Mick (who you might know from my TR) and Michelle, Vito and Angelina (more cruise friends of ours) as well as Tom and I. It should be fun and there is always room for one more. ;)

Wow you guys got quite the crew, how fun!party:

Well, evidently Karin has more friends involved than I knew of originally, but there is Karin, Tom, Fran, myself, Jenny, Jill, Pam and her Mom all booked on a Fantasy cruise. Then we are booked in a Grand Villa at SSR for three nights following the cruise. Pam and her Mom may travel back and forth, but one of our "activites" on the weekend is to have a potluck where we just hang out in the Villa and eat drink and be merry! You know I like that sort of thing! ;)

:rotfl2:Yep, you guys got a huge party happening! Love the potluck idea, just like you guys did in 2013 at BCV!

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

'Ohana Breakfast

What can be better than starting off your last full day with Lilo and Stitch at Breakfast?! Well, for DH, anything but this! :laughing: He’s not a big fan of eating breakfast at the restaurants on property due to the price. “But it’s Lilo and Sttiiiiiitch”, I proclaimed! And Cal loves them and loves doing the dance from this movie

tumblr_m0dihs6uAq1r9lka1o1_500.gif

“Fine” said an exasperated Dan. Actually, it did take lots of convincing to get him to agree on this meal.

7:15am comes pretty fast after 5 days full of fun

Luckily for us, 'Ohana was about a 6 minute walk from our studio so a decent amount of time until our 8:15am res.

Checked in and moments later, were led to our table

I’m sure most of you know, but if you don’t, this is a family style meal. Breakfast comes with scrambled eggs, roasted potatoes, sausage, biscuits, fruit, pastries, coffee, POG juice and Mickey and STITCH waffles!

And hello, characters galore!

I love this picture. Calvin is showing Lilo that he knew her 'foot' dance as he called it:lmao:

After breakfast, we all sat in the lobby area so everyone could trade off using the restaurant

What did I think? Obviously, loved it! Breakfast was solid, lots of attention from characters and our waitress and it was the perfect way to begin our last day. What did Dan think? Nope. Not a fan. And for him, breakfast comes with a tortilla. No tortillas here. That's what kills him. He said he’s done with breakfasts at Disney World until they bring in tortillas

giphy1.gif

Attachments

• tumblr_m0dihs6uAq1r9lka1o1_500.gif
    999.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Last time at Epcot

Onwards to Epcot!

We started out at Innoventions, checking out Colortopia and doing…whatever this is we’re doing :rotfl2:

We didn’t stay long, cause 9 minutes later, Dan was taking a Photopass in Mexico

The poor photographer kept telling Dan to turn around, that the camera was the other way :rotfl:

Now listen kid, absolutely no climibing! He has that mischievous look about him

Took a Mexican cruise

And had Cal try on an oversized sombrero

And then something really fun happened! The mariachi’s came out and they handed Calvin a small drum for him to play with them!

It was so cute and awesome that they encouraged him to come up and play with them!

After our successful Mexico trip, we stopped off at a few other pavilions including China for Bubble Milk Tea (soooo yummy BTW!)

And Germany to try on the cute Mickey ears

And Italy for the main event.

Yep, lunch time already at Tutto Gusto Wine Bar!:bitelip::bitelip:

This is I think our third time doing this place for lunch (or heavy snack!) Such a ‘hidden’ gem.

Of course I couldn’t partake in the wine, but the cheese was all mine! And not showing was mac and cheese for Calvin. It was totally relaxing and of course, delicious.

Ha this next picture was pretty funny. This was outside of the American Pavilion and thought the poinsettia’s were gorgeous so had Cal sit to take a picture and was wondering what he was holding. TBH, I thought he had taken trash or whatever it is small children collect in their pockets, and didn’t think much of it, but when I walked over to him, I realized he had torn out a big pointsettia leaf that was on the ground in front of him and was holding a bit of it up for the picture.

:earseek:

giphy.gif

NOT THE POINTSETTIA'S!!!!!

I frantically picked the leaf up off the ground and put it back in the planter and gave the kid a talking to. Ugh, keep moving forward, I suppose.

When in France, eat éclairs and chocolate croissants ::yes::

Our plans for the evening consisted of a couple hours over at Magic Kingdom for some FP attractions, followed by a nice dinner at Jiko, so our time at Epcot had come to an end.

:wave2:

MK and Jiko

I love how quick it is to get from Epcot to MK via the monorail! And while on the monorail, I was able to check us into our flights for the next day. Good use of time, definitely!

In no time, we were on our first FP date with Buzz!

This is such an embarrassing score!

But Dan was pleased that he kicked my butt. Tell me the secrets of this game SOMEONE PLEASE!!!

Next up HM, which I want to add, how well Cal does on here. He's afraid of a lot of things and each time, i'm bracing myself for the screams and crying. But he does great! Even in this last trip (Jan 2018) he saw the graveyard and said, "Wow, someone died right there!" :lmao:o_O

Looks like Cal is using the force to keep the evil spirits away lol

We had one more FP to use (Speedway) but it was still 40 minutes away and we wanted to make sure we had time to change and grab our luggage, since we had been evicted from the Poly and into a one bedroom at AKV.

Goodbye MK!

I feel like I may have posted this before in past January TR’s but I LOVE the windows on Main Street showing Mickey’s Christmas Carol. Every Christmas since I was a little girl, we’d watch this as a family, so it’s nice to see it’s not forgotten.

We were at AKV within 35 minutes from the very last window picture! That’s got to be a bus record!

Even though we booked a Standard 1 bedroom, we scored on the view!

DH and DM were very happy about dining at Jiko tonight! It’s always nice having a great meal and knowing you won’t have to travel too far back to your room.

I was craving fish so went with the Sea Bass. It was divine and Calvin ate it up too!

And DM and DH went with a few apps (the last trip they did this and loved sharing a bunch of them!) and ordered some of their famous Mac and Cheese.

It was such a relaxing dinner. We spent two hours there just really winding down. Luckily for us, we got to sleep in the next day and take it relatively easy as DME wasn’t picking us up until Noon.

The next morning, like 9am(EEEK!) DH got up and got our final things packed and went down to The Mara around 10am for some breakfast. I really enjoy The Mara. This last trip (Jan 2018) a lot of our meals were eaten here since most of our days were spent at the hotel and everything we picked has always been tasty! Breakfast was no exception this day!

We got lots of options including Oatmeal and some type of breakfast croissant for DH

After breakfast, we said our final goodbyes to the animals that were out and about this cold morning

Oh forgot to add, right before heading down to buy breakfast, I called and asked if we could get a 30 minute extension for our check out. They gave us an hour! We still left the room within that 30 minute time frame though to check out the Community Hall.

Our bus came right at Noon (I love the way the entrance to Kidani Village looks at night, BTW!)

And that was the end of our glorious trip! We had the best time and even though I was pregnant and couldn’t partake in drinks or certain rides, I still did A LOT and had a blast!

Thank you guys for sticking out this 2 year TR! :ssst::blush: Two other trips have happened since this trip: Aulani in October 2016 and WDW in January 2018. I have a good amount of pictures from Aulani that I would like to share with you all, so i'll probably get started on a TR for that one and post the link here when that one is up and running. The first post will include that video I had made months back. As for January 2018? I honestly don't even know what to do with that :laughing: I do have some fun pictures from the first few days and some cool family videos I took. Maybe I can just tack them onto the end of this TR?

In other news, tomorrow is my 60 day mark for my Solo March trip! I have to get up at 4:30 tomorrow and the next several days to make my FP selections since I have three different resort stays :faint: but i'm way to stoked to care about all that!

You do need a do over for the Christmas trip! Glad everyone feels better now.

Great end to this trip though.

Jill in CO

Your FP+ window should go for your whole trip tomorrow. Even though ADRs don’t work across split stays FP should.

Really!?! I spoke to a CM on the phone a few days ago because there were issues with trying to order a new MB for my trip and she said because I have several resort reservations that their computers will only allow FP's to be reserved on the day (for my entire stay) of my reservation. I'm going to try for them all tomorrow then, thanks for the heads up!

Really!?! I spoke to a CM on the phone a few days ago because there were issues with trying to order a new MB for my trip and she said because I have several resort reservations that their computers will only allow FP's to be reserved on the day (for my entire stay) of my reservation. I'm going to try for them all tomorrow then, thanks for the heads up!
From the FP Sticky:
096E5751-0694-4766-96D3-D34273AB0B3C.jpeg

I was JUST looking at mesaboy's thread!!

Awesome thank you so much!:hug::hug: Now I really got to sit down and figure everything out :teacher:
I’m so jealous of your solo trip! Arthur is now 2 1/2 and the only night I’ve spent away from him was an overnight at the hospital after having my gallbladder removed (one week before our December 2017 WDW trip) I need a mommy recharge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter