New Year, New Experiences! A January 2016 TR - I’m here at WDW! 3/25

Leshaface

DIS Veteran

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome!”

(cause this intro hasn't been used, like a million times :laughing:)

Hello DIS friends, new and old, and welcome to my 5th Trip Report! For those that don’t know me, Hi! I’m Alicia and this was my 6th trip to the World along with my DH (Dan). We are Disneyland Vets that enjoy Disneyland, but LOVE Disney World!

DH and I have a DS (Calvin) who is 3 ½ and has grown (by his own free will of course ::yes:: )to love Disney. Alright, let’s face it, he had no choice but to love Disney. That’s just how it is. This was his 4th trip, with his first trip being at the ripe old age of 9 weeks. He’s the best little traveler, very strong willed and hilarious.

Along for the ride is my DM (Angie) and this was her 4th trip as well. She is NOT a fan of flying and really the only reason she comes is because she can’t be away from her Grandson that long :rolleyes2 Honestly though, she’s beginning to really enjoy what Disney World has to offer and has become a pro at naming resorts and parks.

We brought another little passenger along as well this trip ::yes:: At the time of this trip, I was 22 weeks pregnant (I’m now nearing 32 weeks! :faint:) with our Second Boy! However DH didn’t know it at the time :ssst: Originally, we had planned on finding out the gender together by having a character tell us by handing us a blue or a pink balloon. However, the ultrasound technician was super confused and in addition to placing the gender inside of the envelope, she wrote the gender on the outside as well and handed it to me :headache: So I found out immediately what we were having and I was a little bummed about it. DH was even more upset when I got home and told him that I knew. But I still wanted it to be special for him so we decided to keep our original plans, but instead of having the handler tell the character what we were having, I would be telling the character (we’ll see this later on!)

So how did this trip come about?! And why didn’t you all know sooner?? Because I didn’t even know about it! Let me give you a brief timeline of how this all went down:

-In early October, I told DH in passing, about this being the last year for the Osborne Lights and how much DS loved it in the past.

-DH, without my knowing, started browsing the DVC website for openings and started planning it.

-DH showed me his plans. And while I was shocked that he actually planned a trip :faint:, I wasn’t interested (let's throw in another :faint: ) Crazy, right?! I was still experiencing bad morning sickness at this point and the thought of taking a trip anywhere just sounded exhausting.

-A few weeks passed and DH was very adamant that I would feel better and that this trip was going to happen and at that point, I was feeling a tad better, so Saturday, October 24th we started booking a few things which included multiple resort hops from OKW to AKV to SSR.

-Sunday, October 25th, by PURE LUCK, 4 nights opened up at the new Polynesian Villas! I grabbed that immediately and not even 2 hours later, I experienced a very heavy bleed (which was the 3 month mark for me) which sent me to the ER.

-The trip took a backseat. Didn’t want to put the baby or myself at risk. We kept the reservations on the rooms, just in case, but made no further arrangements

-November 10, 2015 – My doctor assured me that the baby and I were both fine, nothing showed up on the ultrasound and that it may have been a large blood vessel that burst and told me to take the trip and have fun while I wasn't huge! In fact, the week before I saw her, she had just returned from Disney World and was telling me that I needed to get on Star Tours and Test Track cause they were awesome (uh, two attractions I thought I wouldn't be able to ride :confused3)

-Feeling much more confident, I made air travel arrangements for the DS, DH and myself that night to leave on December 31 at 10:45am out of LAX, arriving at MCO at 9pm

-December 2, 2015 – tickets were purchased! Yes, literally 4 weeks before our trip.

-December 7, 2015 – DM dropped a bomb and told me she really wanted to go :headache: Side note: I had casually brought up that DH wanted to make a trip to WDW in January for a week back when he was planning and DM specifically told me she wasn’t interested because it was way short notice (I guess she needs several months in advance to prepare for a flight/trip):confused3

-December 7, 2015 – Changed all our flights since the original flight was sold out. We were now leaving at 9:30am from LAX, arriving at MCO at 8:15pm.

-Modified dining reservations

-Purchased her park tickets

-Added her to room reservations

-Ordered her Magic Band

-Made FP+ arrangements

-December 19, 2015 – Contacted WeGoShop for a small grocery delivery

-December 27, 2015 – Pregnancy brain had officially kicked in and forgot that we had no transportation from the airport to WDW so made those arrangements, 4 days before leaving!

And that brings us to our trip! It was obviously extremely last minute, which is totally not like me/us, but the upside is that the waiting game was minimal. Huge plus! Downside, not the best selections for FP or best dining times, but we made it work.

As for the name of this TR, I had many titles written down that would have been accurate for this trip, including:

“Problems, Problems Everywhere.” – I’ll use this for the chapter of our arrival day.

“I wish I brought my PS4.” - This was something I heard quite often during this trip. DH is very much accustomed to bringing his 19 inch TV and his PS4 with him on trips, mainly to Disneyland, the beach and on our first big road trip last Summer up through Oregon and to Washington, with NO COMPLAINING FROM ME. This trip, I put my foot down. First, no WAY were we going to carry an extra bag just to fit all his equipment. Second, we’ve all seen the way luggage handlers are with our bags. If anything broke, I wouldn’t hear the end of it. Third, I knew there wasn’t going to be time at night (when he would have played) when we got back from the parks. In the end, he DID NOT bring it, but he did pack his attitude as a replacement and was sure to let me know whenever we did have a 5-10 minute downtime back in the room that he, “Wished he brought his PS4.”

“Are you sure you can do that?” – This was something I heard from both DM and DH too much. Like, entirely too much. But I get it, especially with that little scare we had gotten in late October. I was constantly questioned if I was sure I can walk that far, if I was sure I could go on that ride, if I was sure I could eat that much cheese:rotfl:Yes, copious amounts of cheese this trip.

In the end though, I went with, “New year, New experiences.” This trip had many, many firsts for us including:

-Living without luggage :sad2:

-Me not drinking or riding on the big rides:sad:

-Dropping DS off with strangers ::yes::

-Non-crying character meets :hyper:

-Old Key West and The POLYNESIAN!:banana:

Looking back, this trip was pretty darn amazing. Aside from it being very modified for me, DS did amazingly well and we had some absolutely great experiences….as soon as we stepped foot on Disney property that is :rolleyes1

Will you join me in this whirlwind trip, where we enjoyed many ‘first’ time adventures?!

I haven't read anything yet I got too excited that you started your new TR!!! Okay I'll go and read it now!! :rotfl:

..........Okay I'm back!

Hello DIS friends

Hi Alicia! :wave:

MK_MSCONFEC_7570969724.jpg
BABY BUMP!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes Guuuurrrrl! You look amazing!! :worship: :worship:

He’s the best little traveler, very strong willed and hilarious.

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao: That kid is my spirit animal for sure! :laughing:

We brought another little passenger along as well this trip ::yes:: At the time of this trip, I was 22 weeks pregnant (I’m now nearing 32 weeks! :faint:) with our Second Boy!

Ahhh!! It's getting so close!! I'm so excited for you guys!! :hyper: :hug: :hyper:

However, the ultrasound technician was super confused and in addition to placing the gender inside of the envelope, she wrote the gender on the outside as well and handed it to me :headache:

Urg! Seriously ultrasound technician! :sad2:

Notcool.gif

DH showed me his plans. And while I was shocked that he actually planned a trip :faint:, I wasn’t interested (let's throw in another :faint: ) Crazy, right?! I was still experiencing bad morning sickness at this point and the thought of taking a trip anywhere just sounded exhausting.
Not interested in a Disney trip?! :faint:

But I totally get why you wouldn't want to face it struggling with morning sickness :crazy2:

tumblr_m67auhKuUD1rxevt4o1_500.gif

Pregnancy brain had officially kicked in and forgot that we had no transportation from the airport to WDW so made those arrangements, 4 days before leaving!

Ermm...can you get pregnancy brain without the pregnancy part? Cause I get that like all the time :blush: :laughing:

“I wish I brought my PS4.”

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

tumblr_mqntu059ck1rjpgsjo1_400.gif

I was constantly questioned if I was sure I can walk that far, if I was sure I could go on that ride, if I was sure I could eat that much cheese:rotfl:Yes, copious amounts of cheese this trip.

Isn't the answer always yes to the cheese question?! :confused3 :rotfl:

channing-tatum-cheese.gif

Me not drinking

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

(Don't worry I have totally been taking up the slack in the drinks department for you! :thumbsup2)

or riding on the big rides:sad:

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Dropping DS off with strangers ::yes::

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: When I have kids I'm totally following your guide to parenting! :thumbsup2
Old Key West and The POLYNESIAN!:banana:

Oooooh! I'm looking forward to seeing the DVC Poly units!! :hyper: :hyper: And to hear more about how you liked OKW! It's one of my favs! :thumbsup2

Will you join me in this whirlwind trip, where we enjoyed many ‘first’ time adventures?!

tumblr_mb6yfzCJ1x1qzqdem.gif

Last edited:
Am I first?!?!??! Yay!

Hey, are we FB friends?!?!?! :rainbow:

This sounds like its going to be a great report!

Jill in CO

Hey, I want in on this fun!!!! I'm staying at OKW in 66 days!! Reading your TR will help the time pass.....looking foward to more. :dog2:

Yay! You're back!!! Thank goodness for new computers!!!

Originally, we had planned on finding out the gender together by having a character tell us by handing us a blue or a pink balloon. However, the ultrasound technician was super confused and in addition to placing the gender inside of the envelope, she wrote the gender on the outside as well and handed it to me :headache: So I found out immediately what we were having and I was a little bummed about it. DH was even more upset when I got home and told him that I knew. But I still wanted it to be special for him so we decided to keep our original plans, but instead of having the handler tell the character what we were having, I would be telling the character (we’ll see this later on!)
I really like this idea. Such a bummer that they kind of gave you a spoiler, but you did a great job of making it work anyway.

DH showed me his plans. And while I was shocked that he actually planned a trip :faint:, I wasn’t interested (let's throw in another :faint: ) Crazy, right?!
Yes. You're absolutely crazy.

In fact, the week before I saw her, she had just returned from Disney World and was telling me that I needed to get on Star Tours and Test Track cause they were awesome (uh, two attractions I thought I wouldn't be able to ride :confused3)
Wait a minute! Your doctor was telling you that you should ride things that have pregnancy warnings????

Well, I'm always in favor of doing what the doctor suggests.

Are you sure she didn't also recommend riding BTMRR as well???

-December 27, 2015 – Pregnancy brain had officially kicked in and forgot that we had no transportation from the airport to WDW so made those arrangements, 4 days before leaving!
4 days before you left? What's the rush? :rolleyes1

“Problems, Problems Everywhere.” – I’ll use this for the chapter of our arrival day.
Oh no...

In the end, he DID NOT bring it, but he did pack his attitude as a replacement and was sure to let me know whenever we did have a 5-10 minute downtime back in the room that he, “Wished he brought his PS4.”
There's always another level of Candy Crush.

-Living without luggage :sad2:
:eek: Part of the problems? Just an excuse to buy more Disney stuff.

-Me not drinking or riding on the big rides:sad:
But the doctor told you to do it!!!

You know it! Looking forward to following along. Just don't disappear on us!

Well, I guess you can disappear for a while in about 7 or 8 weeks. We'll understand.

and you could also add ... "New computer" to the title! Glad you are up and running again!

Glad that the trip worked out well!

Also, that has to be one of the few times one would be extremely happy to hear that it "may have just been a large blood vessel that burst"!

and last but not least ... THE POLYNESIAN!!!!!

Coming out of lurkdom to say that I'm excited to read your report! I loved your last report (also read your cruise reports to prepare for our first cruise later this year!). Congratulations on Baby Boy #2! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

I am super excited you're back on and can't wait to hear all about it! I hope you're doing well and feeling good!

Following along... read your last trip report and loved it! Always love hearing about the Polynesian more too as it's my "some day" resort. Congratulations on baby boy #2!!

I've lurked my way through your previous TRs - mainly because I've been embarrassingly late to the game, so since I'm right on time for this one I thought I'd say HI!

You have a beautiful family. How exciting to stay in the Poly Villas. Looking forward to reading more about your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!