New year's eve

Rachel Segar

Earning My Ears
Hi I'm thinking going to epcot new years eve and just wanna know if u can walk to Disney springs as we have no car and don't wanna Waite for buses etc at the end of the nite looking on maps there dosent seem to be a walkable path thanks

There aren't any walking paths (and it's not close anyway), but why do you want to go to Disney Springs after midnight? I'm pretty sure nothing's going to be open.

Walking to Disney Springs isn't recommended from Old Key West after dark, and it's a lot closer than Epcot. I don't know if any of the restaurants will be open after midnight on NYE. Uber might be your best option but they will be very busy and have their much higher rates in effect.

There aren't any walking paths (and it's not close anyway), but why do you want to go to Disney Springs after midnight? I'm pretty sure nothing's going to be open.
It's 1 of main exits and my hotel is a half hr walk from there would rather walk than sit in traffic for hrs on end thanks for reply

Walking to Disney Springs isn't recommended from Old Key West after dark, and it's a lot closer than Epcot. I don't know if any of the restaurants will be open after midnight on NYE. Uber might be your best option but they will be very busy and have their much higher rates in effect.
I'm just thinking of best exits out by foot as waiting for taxis buses etc mite be a he'll of a Waite prob go epcot for first fireworks show then head to springs and c the new year in there so it's an easier exit thanks for reply

I'm just thinking of best exits out by foot as waiting for taxis buses etc mite be a he'll of a Waite prob go epcot for first fireworks show then head to springs and c the new year in there so it's an easier exit thanks for reply
We have been at Epcot for NYE for a few years now. If you are going for the first fireworks and heading out, you should be ok. Yes, it will be crowded, but probably nothing like staying for the 12 am fireworks. I would take the bus from Epcot to DS then the boat from DS to OKW.

We have been at Epcot for NYE for a few years now. If you are going for the first fireworks and heading out, you should be ok. Yes, it will be crowded, but probably nothing like staying for the 12 am fireworks. I would take the bus from Epcot to DS then the boat from DS to OKW.
What's it like heading out after 12 by buses

It is crazy! We are staying at Grand Floridian for the second year in a row so we can hop on the monorail. It can take quite a while to get back to the resorts on the buses after the midnight fireworks. We usually get in line for a ride at closing while the masses are heading to the buses. The taxi lines are crazy, too.

It is crazy! We are staying at Grand Floridian for the second year in a row so we can hop on the monorail. It can take quite a while to get back to the resorts on the buses after the midnight fireworks. We usually get in line for a ride at closing while the masses are heading to the buses. The taxi lines are crazy, too.
We are staying in lake Buena Vista so a 30 min walk from springs so just need to get no to there really

If it was me, I would just get in the taxi/Uber line. Not sure about a bus from Epcot to DS. I would check on that in the transportation forum. Seems like buses run from the parks to DS after 4pm, but not 100% sure. Traffic is heavy leaving the parks no matter which transportation. Leaving Epcot and merging into the traffic on the main road can take a long time, so I would not want to take a bus to DS and then walk another 30 minutes. Taxi or Uber would be my choice.

If it was me, I would just get in the taxi/Uber line. Not sure about a bus from Epcot to DS. I would check on that in the transportation forum. Seems like buses run from the parks to DS after 4pm, but not 100% sure. Traffic is heavy leaving the parks no matter which transportation. Leaving Epcot and merging into the traffic on the main road can take a long time, so I would not want to take a bus to DS and then walk another 30 minutes. Taxi or Uber would be my choice.
Just read online that ya can be traffic for 2-4 hrs and it's says on the website Disney buses have there own lane which is not as busy as cars etc so that's why we was thinking get to D'S then walk just got a 2 yr old and 6 yr old but no matter what I think we're still gonna go ya got to embrace the feel if it haven't u I know we won't get on rides so will just head down late afternoon and rest next day ha

I would say 2 hours to get back to the resorts via bus would be about right on. My DS says "embracing" the park exit is part of the Epcot NYE experience, LOL! I think this will be our 4th NYE in a row at Epcot! Wouldn't want to be anywhere else, TBH! I love Epcot on NYE, crowds and all!!

This is why we are staying at BWI on NYE
But no, you aren't gonna be walking from Epcot to anywhere other that the resorts out the IG
If anything, plan that and then call for Uber, Lyft or a Taxi

This is why we are staying at BWI on NYE
But no, you aren't gonna be walking from Epcot to anywhere other that the resorts out the IG
If anything, plan that and then call for Uber, Lyft or a Taxi
LOL! That is one reason we are are staying at Grand Floridian...in addition to celebrating my 50th! Next year, I'm thinking one of the IG hotels, for sure!

LOL! That is one reason we are are staying at Grand Floridian...in addition to celebrating my 50th! Next year, I'm thinking one of the IG hotels, for sure!
Thanks guys I'll get a bus to Saratoga springs or Disney springs then walk it's not far or get taxi if traffic died down but no matter what we be a fantastic nite only about 9 weeks and counting x

We stayed at BLT and went to Epcot in NYE. The bad part was getting there. The Epcot monorail was down; I don’t know if it was broken or “resting” before the onslaught of people later that day. They were running busses from the TTC to Epcot, and the traffic was so bad that it took about an hour to get there, and another hour to get through bag check and the turnstile.

Getting back after the midnight fireworks, however, was simple and quick. We hopped on the monorail and were back in the room at BLT in about 25 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts