New Years Eve

Hi Lynne,

What is available as far as Disney resorts from 12/29-1/3?
We have a family of 6...2 adults and 4 kids (ages 9-13)
Other than that we would like to do a 3 or 4 day park hopper

Considering that your dates fall within the busiest week of the entire year and you are booking in mid October for late December your options will be quite limited and likely extremely expensive.
People generally book for that time of year 8-12 months out.
Go on the Disney website to check availability.
If you can get it I enjoy Pop Century but I doubt you can.

Hi Lynne,

What is available as far as Disney resorts from 12/29-1/3?
We have a family of 6...2 adults and 4 kids (ages 9-13)
Other than that we would like to do a 3 or 4 day park hopper

You will pay peak rates to cover NYE and not much is left.

To be all together in room ...
AoA Suite $500 per night
DVC Villas that start at $1000 per night

To be in two rooms, possibly split up ...
Lowest you will find would be ...
CSR $270 per night x 2
CBR $315 per night x 2
Deluxe $600+ per night x 2

There really won't be much left ... a couple years ago I squeaked just NYE at POP for $200 for the night.

AoA is likely your safest bet but I would suggest also looking at the Disney Springs resorts --- www.disneyspringshotels.com.

Play around on the website to see what is available. I personally like one of the parks where you can walk to a park, but they will be really expensive or sold out at this point. If nothing works when you check, just keep checking back someone might cancel something.

We're making our second NYE trip in a row - it will be crowded. I'm talking c-r-o-w-d-e-d. After last year, there was no way I was staying anywhere where I had to rely on bus transportation if I wanted to go somewhere in the afternoon on New Year's Eve. The Magic Kingdom was closed based on capacity around noon last year, and traffic was at a standstill.

Depending on your budget and what is available, I recommend an Epcot area resort if you're spending NYE at Epcot or Hollywood Studios, an MK resort if you'll try Magic Kingdom or Epcot, and AKL if you want to visit Animal Kingdom park that day.

The parks are manageable with a good plan. If you are really serious about going, book as soon as you can - we arrive on 12/30 and our fast pass booking opens on Halloween - you need to get passes done for *at least* the park you're planning to visit on NYE, and I also suggest booking dining right now in your park of choice if you want a table service meal that day, even if you haven't booked the trip yet. That way you have it just in case (but don't forget to cancel it if you end up changing your mind so you aren't charged the no show fee).

You CAN successfully plan a trip right now for the new year, but you can't be too picky about anything. Pack your patience and be prepared, and read everything you can about NYE at Walt Disney World. This is not a time of year I'd recommend for first timers, so if you've never been before I'd maybe think about a different time to visit.
Because you're traveling with children, please make sure you set up a plan for what to do if someone gets lost or separated in the crowds. In certain areas the crowds are intense, wall to wall people, so to save everyone some stress, create the plan!

Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter